4th Line

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Re: 4th Line

I get that our instincts are to look at every player and wonder if an upgrade can be made. The moment anyone struggles, we're all ready to dump them for anyone in the entire league who could be considered an upgrade.

The ST comments irk me, though. He is terribly underrated by his own fans, but not by coaches, his teammates and opposing players. For an 82-game season, the 4th line of Thornton-Campbell-Paille has been one of the very best 4th lines in the entire league for some time. Just let it be. A better skater/shooter/passer/whatever will obviously look better on paper than Thornton, but it ain't broke.

3rd line RW has an opening to pair with Kelly and Soderberg, and that's the one that will get filled by any one of 12 bajillion rookies in camp all scratching and clawing for the one forward roster spot available. It's exactly where a Cup-contenting team should be.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to NeelyOrr's comment:

Like I said, the 4th line is the best in the nhl. Do you think its its because of 2 guys or 3? Whoever playes with Thornton seems to play well. He's got at least another good year in him. Quit ragging on him. I'm glad that some of you don't run the show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad none of us are running the show too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rubberduck. Show rubberduck's posts

In response to NeelyOrr's comment:

Like I said, the 4th line is the best in the nhl. Do you think its its because of 2 guys or 3? Whoever playes with Thornton seems to play well. He's got at least another good year in him. Quit ragging on him. I'm glad that some of you don't run the show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i agree, i have no issues with ST, he's a fourth liner and he's doing a good job out of it. If soupy and paillé have that success ST presence on the ice has something to do with it.