5 Impact players in the East.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

5 Impact players in the East.

One educated and extremely handsome mans look at 5 very important players in the East.

1. Sydney Crosby: A healthy full year of Crosby changes the whole landscape of the East. Simply the best player in the game by far, hopefully he's healthy for a full year. Would love to see what kind of numbers he puts up.

2. Anders Lindback: If he gives the Lightning stability in net, something they sorely lacked last year he could be a difference maker. This is a good team that struggled in net last year and it cost them a playoff spot.

3. Andrei Markov : Another player who if can stay healthy makes could be the difference between a playoff team and a non-playoff team. Other than Price, he is simply the most important player on that team. Big question mark as to wehter he can stay healthy.

4. Jordan Staal: Can he be the 1st line center the Canes need? With big brother Eric moving over to wing will we finally see the kind of player Eric can be? Maybe J. Staal can deliver the goods or perhaps he was better off in the role he served in Pittsburgh. The Canes gave up alot to get him.

5. Tuuka Rask: Heres his chance. Great oppurtunity for him, and you couldnt as for a better situation for a young goalie who is looking to solidify himself as a number 1. I say he rises to the occasion.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Re: 5 Impact players in the East.

I have to say Markov shouldn't be on this list. 3 straight injured years in a row.
    If he plays 50 games I'd be beyond surprised. He "could" be an impact player but his injuries continue to prevent him from being one.

Put Nash on the list...is he the the piece that puts the Blueshirts over the top?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

1.Agree with you 100% here.
    2.I think the Lightning could move up the standings with just steady goaltending from Lindback, if he plays really well they could be a top team in the east.
    3.This is one BIG if.I personally don't see him staying healthy, which is why P.K likely wants alot of money and i don't blame him.
    4.Hurricanes will make the playoffs and could be dangerous.
    5.Not entirely sold on Tuukka,but then i was never entirely sold on TT.I also hope he can rise to the occasion.
    6.If Bryzgalov stays as the Flyers no.1,Philly ain't going anywhere.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

I would put Malkin in Crosby's sentence also. If Malkin goes down, I'm not sure Crosby can take the Penguins all the way. Vice-verse obviously.

Dougie Hamilton, the Bruins. Not to put pressure on the rookie or anything (if he even makes the NHL this year), but if he can improve the Bruins PP, watch out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: 5 Impact players in the East.:
    . Dougie Hamilton , the Bruins. Not to put pressure on the rookie or anything (if he even makes the NHL this year), but if he can improve the Bruins PP, watch out. Posted by Klaas

Agree here even if Hamilton can get the Bruins to 20% PP efficiency like when Savard was running things it would indeed be "watch out" for the East.

I'm going to put Eric Staal on the spot a bit here as well as some who now needs to get back to being an impact player. He has just been given what he wants another great center to take some pressure off, happens to be his brother, so I look for Eric to get back to the 40 goal 90 point plateau. No more excuses for Eric and the Canes to do some damage for the playoffs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: 5 Impact players in the East. : Agree here even if Hamilton can get the Bruins to 20% PP efficiency like when Savard was running things it would indeed be "watch out" for the East. I'm going to put Eric Staal on the spot a bit here as well as some who now needs to get back to being an impact player. He has just been given what he wants another great center to take some pressure off, happens to be his brother, so I look for Eric to get back to the 40 goal 90 point plateau. No more excuses for Eric and the Canes to do some damage for the playoffs.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

I'm a big fan of Eric Staal, and your right, time to see some better results than what we've seen. In my mind he should be a top 10 player in the game. He can make plays and score goals, I expect him to have a big year.

Same could be said for Cam Ward. I think he's a top tier goalie and I would lose any argument trying to prove it. Carolina gets those two to become the players I think they are and they could find themselves doing some damage come playoff time.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

That's the list alright. Rask and Lindback in particular. To me, outside of the crease (and #6D), the Bruins are comfortably the best team in the East. Tampa, too, is only a year removed from a conference final. They've improved their D, if they get goaltending they could be in the mix again. They still have a great coach and some special players. Crosby is obvious. Can't wait to see what he does.

Some other key players for me are:

Luke Schenn - can he replace Carle and help a weak Flyers' D? 
    Kreider (or another young Ranger forward) - adding a 40 goal man only makes you better if you can replace the two 20 goal scorers you gave up. Someone needs to step up.
    Turris - can he be a #2 center for a full year?
    Miller - does he still have it?
    Myers - can he return to form?
    Taveres - does he truly emerge as a top player?
    Seguin - does he explode and join the very best?
    Ovechkin - back to basics (and 50+) under the new coach?

In Response to 5 Impact players in the East.:
    One educated and extremely handsome mans look at 5 very important players in the East. 1. Sydney Crosby: A healthy full year of Crosby changes the whole landscape of the East. Simply the best player in the game by far, hopefully he's healthy for a full year. Would love to see what kind of numbers he puts up. 2. Anders Lindback: If he gives the Lightning stability in net, something they sorely lacked last year he could be a difference maker. This is a good team that struggled in net last year and it cost them a playoff spot. 3. Andrei Markov : Another player who if can stay healthy makes could be the difference between a playoff team and a non-playoff team. Other than Price, he is simply the most important player on that team. Big question mark as to wehter he can stay healthy. 4. Jordan Staal: Can he be the 1st line center the Canes need? With big brother Eric moving over to wing will we finally see the kind of player Eric can be? Maybe J. Staal can deliver the goods or perhaps he was better off in the role he served in Pittsburgh. The Canes gave up alot to get him. 5. Tuuka Rask: Heres his chance. Great oppurtunity for him, and you couldnt as for a better situation for a young goalie who is looking to solidify himself as a number 1. I say he rises to the occasion.
    Posted by kelvana33

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: 5 Impact players in the East. : I'm a big fan of Eric Staal, and your right, time to see some better results than what we've seen. In my mind he should be a top 10 player in the game. He can make plays and score goals, I expect him to have a big year. Same could be said for Cam Ward. I think he's a top tier goalie and I would lose any argument trying to prove it. Carolina gets those two to become the players I think they are and they could find themselves doing some damage come playoff time.  
    Posted by kelvana33

Agree totally. If he's playing at his best there aren't many who are better.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: 5 Impact players in the East. : Agree totally. If he's playing at his best there aren't many who are better.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

A buddy an myself were talking about who could be the 3 goalies for Team Canada next Olympics. Now, alot could change but we pretty much agreed on Price,Fleury and Ward. I'd guess Price or Fleury may be the starter but if Ward ever got into a game he could take it and run with it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

In Response to 5 Impact players in the East.:
    One educated and extremely handsome mans look at 5 very important players in the East. 1. Sydney Crosby: A healthy full year of Crosby changes the whole landscape of the East. Simply the best player in the game by far, hopefully he's healthy for a full year. Would love to see what kind of numbers he puts up. 2. Anders Lindback: If he gives the Lightning stability in net, something they sorely lacked last year he could be a difference maker. This is a good team that struggled in net last year and it cost them a playoff spot. 3. Andrei Markov : Another player who if can stay healthy makes could be the difference between a playoff team and a non-playoff team. Other than Price, he is simply the most important player on that team. Big question mark as to wehter he can stay healthy. 4. Jordan Staal: Can he be the 1st line center the Canes need? With big brother Eric moving over to wing will we finally see the kind of player Eric can be? Maybe J. Staal can deliver the goods or perhaps he was better off in the role he served in Pittsburgh. The Canes gave up alot to get him. 5. Tuuka Rask: Heres his chance. Great oppurtunity for him, and you couldnt as for a better situation for a young goalie who is looking to solidify himself as a number 1. I say he rises to the occasion.
    Posted by kelvana33

Nice list.

I personally think Crosby is going to be just fine having taken the patrice Bergeron-ultra cautious approach last season. Jordan Staal should be a good one to watch as he'll be taking a more offensive role on the Canes (and helping out their pourous defense). Lindback is also going to be a great player to watch this season. I'm going to add a few players to watch that I feel could impact the Eastern Conference race this season

1) Mike Green - Washington Capitals - If the Caps are going to return to their high-octane ways, they are going to need to put up points from the back-end again. Mike Green simply must step up if they are going to be a contender.

2) Tyler Myers - Buffalo Sabres - This team was a huge dissapointment last season, and Myers certainly deserves some of the blame. With the investment they made in him (7 years 38.5 million), and his natural talent, he must be better.

3) Ilya Bryzgalov - Philadephia Flyers - Huge season for him. Huge season for philly. Although his numbers weren't totally horrible, they are paying him too much money to be average. This team is loaded offensively and could go deep with some stability in net (sound familiar Philly fans?)

4) Nathan Horton - Boston B's kid- The Bruins don't look like they're going to add a wing this off-season, and that puts a significant burden on Nathan Horton's ability to stay healthy. Last season, David Krejci went to pieces when he wasn't flanked by Horton and Lucic, so the stakes are higher than just losing a top-line winger. Without Horton, the entire 1st line looks mediocre, and there aren't NHL ready wings waiting in providence. Worst part is, if Nathan horton goes down, and a "glaring hole" is created (Cam Neely recently said he could address any "glaring holes" during the season) The bruins are going to look desperate in the trade market, and could be vulnerable to a bad deal.

5) Roberto Luongo - Divers- Yes, he's currently pumping tires out west, but he's going to be traded, probably to someone in the East (Maybe Toronto, or Florida). Either way, he's going to make one of these teams a lot better. If he goes to Florida, he would be a considerable upgrade over their current starter Jose Theodore.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

I would put Malkin in Crosby's sentence also. If Malkin goes down, I'm not sure Crosby can take the Penguins all the way. Vice-verse obviously. Dougie Hamilton , the Bruins. Not to put pressure on the rookie or anything (if he even makes the NHL this year), but if he can improve the Bruins PP, watch out.
    Posted by Klaas

Completely disagreee with that first part. Malkin played his best when Sid was out and are you saying the best player in hockey and the best player at making his teammates better players needs someone talented to play along with him in order to be sucsessful??

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rainsy1. Show rainsy1's posts

A buddy an myself were talking about who could be the 3 goalies for Team Canada next Olympics. Now, alot could change but we pretty much agreed on Price,Fleury and Ward. I'd guess Price or Fleury may be the starter but if Ward ever got into a game he could take it and run with it. 

I guess you missed Fluery's performance in the playoffs last year. He is the the most overrated goalie in the east. He was overated when he played for the Canadian juniors. yes he has won a cup but Philly exposed him.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Not sure about this list IMO none of them would make mine. I like crosby but he is one bump away from watching from home. He plays a snake game on the ice to so he will be rubed into the boards until he starts seeing stars. If tuukka makes the top five list that means the bruins won the cup again which i would love to be wrong about, cue the duck boats. Staal is just a side note to his brother in car. The other two wont waste my time on..

My five list:
    Seguin= i know someone already mentioned him but if he breaks out for 85-90pts this year then watch out for the future.

stamkos= hes going out there and putting up his usual numbers and continues to be come a top three player in the league.

lundqvist= the rangers even with the pickup of nash, the dmen lineup is lacking on this team its going to take great play by the king to bring this team to the cup.

eric staal= now with his brother helping out its his time to shine or remain irrelevant.

claude giroux= If phili doesnt add any more help on d then it will be in his hand to help this team score their way into wins.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from juniorfalcon19. Show juniorfalcon19's posts

Not sure about this list IMO none of them would make mine. I like crosby but he is one bump away from watching from home. He plays a snake game on the ice to so he will be rubed into the boards until he starts seeing stars. If tuukka makes the top five list that means the bruins won the cup again which i would love to be wrong about, cue the duck boats. Staal is just a side note to his brother in car. The other two wont waste my time on.. My five list: Seguin= i know someone already mentioned him but if he breaks out for 85-90pts this year then watch out for the future. stamkos= hes going out there and putting up his usual numbers and continues to be come a top three player in the league. lundqvist= the rangers even with the pickup of nash, the dmen lineup is lacking on this team its going to take great play by the king to bring this team to the cup. eric staal= now with his brother helping out its his time to shine or remain irrelevant. claude giroux= If phili doesnt add any more help on d then it will be in his hand to help this team score their way into wins.
    Posted by heyoo

your just listing the best player on each team, that isn't what this is about

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Horton. We've seen how they play without him. Will he be able to stay healthy and concussion free. Will he be the same calibre of a player he was prior to the concussion?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

A buddy an myself were talking about who could be the 3 goalies for Team Canada next Olympics. Now, alot could change but we pretty much agreed on Price,Fleury and Ward. I'd guess Price or Fleury may be the starter but if Ward ever got into a game he could take it and run with it.       I guess you missed Fluery's performance in the playoffs last year. He is the the most overrated goalie in the east. He was overated when he played for the Canadian juniors. yes he has won a cup but Philly exposed him.   
    Posted by rainsy1

No, I didnt miss it, but I'm not about to throw out what one has done in a career over 6 games. As bad has he was his defense was worse.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

In Response to Re: 5 Impact players in the East. : your just listing the best player on each team, that isn't what this is about
    Posted by juniorfalcon19

No actually im listing the impact players in my top five in the east. All these player are most important players on the teams that could push them over the hump to get a cup. The teams without these players would have no shot at the cup. Plain and simple. Many argue for horton for the bruins and i agree but IMO without seguin becoming an elite player the bruins have no shot at winning the cup.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from juniorfalcon19. Show juniorfalcon19's posts

In Response to Re: 5 Impact players in the East. : No actually im listing the impact players in my top five in the east. All these player are most important players on the teams that could push them over the hump to get a cup. The teams without these players would have no shot at the cup. Plain and simple. Many argue for horton for the bruins and i agree but IMO without seguin becoming an elite player the bruins have no shot at winning the cup.
    Posted by heyoo

hahha ya because they couldn't win a cup with krejci and bergeron at center. haha. the guy for the bruins is rask. no question. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: 5 Impact players in the East. : A buddy an myself were talking about who could be the 3 goalies for Team Canada next Olympics. Now, alot could change but we pretty much agreed on Price,Fleury and Ward. I'd guess Price or Fleury may be the starter but if Ward ever got into a game he could take it and run with it.
    Posted by kelvana33

I've thought about that myself recently and those were the 3 names I came up with. 

Sad to say but the depth of quality Canadian goaltending has slipped to the point where they are down on the totem pole compared to a lot of countries.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

A buddy an myself were talking about who could be the 3 goalies for Team Canada next Olympics. Now, alot could change but we pretty much agreed on Price,Fleury and Ward. I'd guess Price or Fleury may be the starter but if Ward ever got into a game he could take it and run with it.       I guess you missed Fluery's performance in the playoffs last year. He is the the most overrated goalie in the east. He was overated when he played for the Canadian juniors. yes he has won a cup but Philly exposed him.   
    Posted by rainsy1

I'm curious to what all this means . Overated to who ? And what ratings might you be talking about ?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from juniorfalcon19. Show juniorfalcon19's posts

In Response to Re: 5 Impact players in the East. : I'm curious to what all this means . Overated to who ? And what ratings might you be talking about ?
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

he's basing it off the last few games he saw him play, and his numbers from that playoff round. He's completely forgotten everything other than that. Kind of sad really, i feel like a lot of fans have no long term memory these days

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

In Response to Re: 5 Impact players in the East. : hahha ya because they couldn't win a cup with krejci and bergeron at center. haha. the guy for the bruins is rask. no question. 
    Posted by juniorfalcon19

Last time i checked seguin didnt play center. So the statement about bergy and krejci playing center is irrelevant. And thats your opnion and not mine about rask so. So IMO its seguin you dont like it dont read it. And ya krejci is such a valuable guy no one wanted him not columbus or the ducks. He is a run of the mill second line center, nothing special. Seguin can become a game changer just like crosby, stamkos, malkin. He lead the bruins in pts his second year with the team. Last year after losing ryder and recchi who do you think picked those lost numbers up. Seguin tripled his rookie season pts total, he produced more than ryder and himself from the previous year. And your telling me we could win a cup with bergy and krejci thats about the funniest thing i have ever heard. Seguin had more goals then bergy and krejci combined in the playoffs this year just so you know boss.....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: 5 Impact players in the East. : Last time i checked seguin didnt play center. So the statement about bergy and krejci playing center is irrelevant. And thats your opnion and not mine about rask so. So IMO its seguin you dont like it dont read it. And ya krejci is such a valuable guy no one wanted him not columbus or the ducks. He is a run of the mill second line center, nothing special. Seguin can become a game changer just like crosby, stamkos, malkin. He lead the bruins in pts his second year with the team. Last year after losing ryder and recchi who do you think picked those lost numbers up. Seguin tripled his rookie season pts total, he produced more than ryder and himself from the previous year. And your telling me we could win a cup with bergy and krejci thats about the funniest thing i have ever heard. Seguin had more goals then bergy and krejci combined in the playoffs this year just so you know boss.....
    Posted by heyoo

What were Krejcis numbers during the playoffs when they did win a cup? Alot more of a sample there don't you think?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In Response to Re: 5 Impact players in the East. : Last time i checked seguin didnt play center. So the statement about bergy and krejci playing center is irrelevant. And thats your opnion and not mine about rask so. So IMO its seguin you dont like it dont read it. And ya krejci is such a valuable guy no one wanted him not columbus or the ducks. He is a run of the mill second line center, nothing special. Seguin can become a game changer just like crosby, stamkos, malkin. He lead the bruins in pts his second year with the team. Last year after losing ryder and recchi who do you think picked those lost numbers up. Seguin tripled his rookie season pts total, he produced more than ryder and himself from the previous year. And your telling me we could win a cup with bergy and krejci thats about the funniest thing i have ever heard. Seguin had more goals then bergy and krejci combined in the playoffs this year just so you know boss.....
    Posted by heyoo

I'm pretty sure the Ducks and Blue Jackets would love to have Krejci.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: 5 Impact players in the East. : I'm pretty sure the Ducks and Blue Jackets would love to have Krejci.
    Posted by goodnewsbears

Not being able to acquire Krejci because PC says he's not going anywhere might have something to do with it also.

Sections
Shortcuts