5 Impact players in the East.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: 5 Impact players in the East.

In Response to Re: 5 Impact players in the East.:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 5 Impact players in the East. :  Same could be said for Cam Ward. I think he's a top tier goalie and I would lose any argument trying to prove it. Carolina gets those two to become the players I think they are and they could find themselves doing some damage come playoff time.  Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Yep big fan of Ward's as well, agreed if Rutherford can get a little more money out of Hurricane ownership at the trade deadline they could have the horses.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Hmmm, I think I would go a different way with my five guys to make an impact in the East this season. I think there's five players whose acquisitions maybe flew under the radar a bit but coud potentially have a significant impact for their clubs.

1) Brandon Sutter - Penguins
    The Pens got physically stronger and improved the defensive capabilties of their third line with Sutter. He won't replace Staal's points, but if he meshes well with the third line, he could make the Pens a more difficult team to play physically with, and he could make their shut down game much better.

2) Olli Jokinen - Jets
    He brings the size down the middle that the Jets have greatly been lacking. Wheeler and Kane played most of last year without a compatible centre. If he can mesh well with Kane and Wheeler, I'd expect those two players to improve on their career high seasons from last year.

3)JVR - Leafs
    So Carlyle plans to use JVR as Kessell's new centre, not that he had one before. That's a coaching gamble, but any slim hope the Leafs may have of making the playoffs depends on that gamble paying off.

4) Lubomir Visnovsky - Islanders
    The Isles quietly got better with a bolstered blueline in Carkner and Visnovsky. All of a sudden the Isles top pair is fairly impressive with Streit and Visnovsky, with solid additional blueline depth. If Visnovsky returns to form, he could actually help pull the Isles out of the basement finally.

5) Marc Methot - Senators
    Not a flashy player at all, but definitely a solid pickup by the Sens. He gives  them greater depth and defensive presence than they've had in recent year. More importantly, on a pairing with Karlsson, he greater frees up the Norriss winner to be in on the rush, as he is defensively strong enough to cover Karlsson's butt. Thanks to Methot, I'd expect Karlsson's offensive numbers to go even higher this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In Response to Re: 5 Impact players in the East.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 5 Impact players in the East. : Not being able to acquire Krejci because PC says he's not going anywhere might have something to do with it also.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dirt Clod Jams. Show Dirt Clod Jams's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 5 Impact players in the East. : Last time i checked seguin didnt play center. So the statement about bergy and krejci playing center is irrelevant. And thats your opnion and not mine about rask so. So IMO its seguin you dont like it dont read it. And ya krejci is such a valuable guy no one wanted him not columbus or the ducks. He is a run of the mill second line center, nothing special. Seguin can become a game changer just like crosby, stamkos, malkin. He lead the bruins in pts his second year with the team. Last year after losing ryder and recchi who do you think picked those lost numbers up. Seguin tripled his rookie season pts total, he produced more than ryder and himself from the previous year. And your telling me we could win a cup with bergy and krejci thats about the funniest thing i have ever heard. Seguin had more goals then bergy and krejci combined in the playoffs this year just so you know boss.....
    Posted by heyoo[/QUOTE]

If you think Krejci is a "run of the mill second line center, nothing special." you are likely not an honest Bruins fan.  

P.S. we DID win a cup because of Krejci and Bergeron...lead the B's in playoff points.

"Seguin had more goals then bergy and krejci combined in the playoffs this year just so you know boss....." Though this was pretty funny - yes, 2 is greater than 1.  Another way of saying something stupid would be 'Peverley had 50% more playoff goals than Seguin just so you know boss...' 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Guess we will use next season as the sample size, were krejcis numbers stay the same and seguin continues to improve and become one of the most important pieces of the bruins team.

And lets be honset here, does anyone really believe for a second krejci was not up for trade. What is pc going to come out and say ya we are actively trying to move krejci for a better player but we have no bites bcs no other gm thinks he is a top first line center.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from juniorfalcon19. Show juniorfalcon19's posts

[QUOTE]Guess we will use next season as the sample size, were krejcis numbers stay the same and seguin continues to improve and become one of the most important pieces of the bruins team. And lets be honset here, does anyone really believe for a second krejci was not up for trade. What is pc going to come out and say ya we are actively trying to move krejci for a better player but we have no bites bcs no other gm thinks he is a top first line center.
    Posted by heyoo[/QUOTE]

everyone's up for trade....depends on the price

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 5 Impact players in the East. : If you think Krejci is a "run of the mill second line center, nothing special." you are likely not an honest Bruins fan.   P.S. we DID win a cup because of Krejci and Bergeron...lead the B's in playoff points. "Seguin had more goals then bergy and krejci combined in the playoffs this year just so you know boss....." Though this was pretty funny - yes, 2 is greater than 1.  Another way of saying something stupid would be 'Peverley had 50% more playoff goals than Seguin just so you know boss...' 
    Posted by Dirt Clod Jams[/QUOTE]

Thats right boss we were one goal away from winning that first round in the playoffs with no production from our top two centers. Whats that say to you, when a third line winger is more reliable than your run of the mill second line center. And last time i checked playoff stats from two years ago are not a messuring stick for what he can accomplish this year. Who was the more important in last years playoffs krejci or seguin. Seguin will become the most important player on the bruins. If you think for a second the bruins can rely on 20 goals from krejci a year your in for a bust. Hes as important to the bruins as his production and his prodcution stayed unchanged for two year. He was 48th in the league for pts tied with ryder. Hes not a game changer.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from juniorfalcon19. Show juniorfalcon19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 5 Impact players in the East. : Thats right boss we were one goal away from winning that first round in the playoffs with no production from our top two centers. Whats that say to you, when a third line winger is more reliable than your run of the mill second line center. And last time i checked playoff stats from two years ago are not a messuring stick for what he can accomplish this year. Who was the more important in last years playoffs krejci or seguin. Seguin will become the most important player on the bruins. If you think for a second the bruins can rely on 20 goals from krejci a year your in for a bust. Hes as important to the bruins as his production and his prodcution stayed unchanged for two year. He was 48th in the league for pts tied with ryder. Hes not a game changer.....
    Posted by heyoo[/QUOTE]

ahhhh it's not even worth it

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 5 Impact players in the East. : ahhhh it's not even worth it
    Posted by juniorfalcon19[/QUOTE]
    You couldn't be more right. That guy's trying to debate who was more important in a 1st round loss while also trying to minimize the importance of contributions made during a Cup run.........koo-koo......koo-koo.........koo-koo.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I have to add:

Nash- does his addition make this team a Cup winner?
    Horton- the Bruins never ever looked the same without him.  Without an addition up front this team slides down the standings.
    Fleurey- does he recover from that playoff mess?
    WEBER- His lack of ending up in Philly is as impactful as any player addition this offseason

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dirt Clod Jams. Show Dirt Clod Jams's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 5 Impact players in the East. : Thats right boss we were one goal away from winning that first round in the playoffs with no production from our top two centers

Seguin and Krejci had the same number of points, unless production is only goals scored?

Whats that say to you, when a third line winger is more reliable than your run of the mill second line center. 

I guess it says Peverley is as valuable as Krejci and Seguin combined since he had equal production...What a third line we have

And last time i checked playoff stats from two years ago are not a messuring stick for what he can accomplish this year. 

last time I checked, 7 games are not a measuring stick of what he can accomplish this year.  If playoff stats from two yearsago were a measuring stick of what we could have done last year, we would have won the cup again...

Who was the more important in last years playoffs krejci or seguin. 

Neither was important enough to win the series.

Seguin will become the most important player on the bruins. 

OK, you got me, it'll probably happen.  you really stepped out on limb there.  However, you said 'will become' meaning he isn't yet, I hope he earns that title soon.  

If you think for a second the bruins can rely on 20 goals from krejci a year your in for a bust. Hes as important to the bruins as his production and his prodcution stayed unchanged for two year. He was 48th in the league for pts tied with ryder. Hes not a game changer.....

If by your first production comment you meant production is goals only, then Krejci's production increased by 10 goals last year, not bad. Ryder btw was a thirty goal scorer, and therefore would have been more 'productive' than Seguin according to your logic, and as we know he is only as important to the Bruins as his production...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 5 Impact players in the East. : Completely disagreee with that first part. Malkin played his best when Sid was out and are you saying the best player in hockey and the best player at making his teammates better players needs someone talented to play along with him in order to be sucsessful??
    Posted by MDsizzle[/QUOTE]
    For himself, no. For his team to go all the way, I tend to think, yes, as Crosby has had lots of help from Malkin (Conn Smythe Trophy winner).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 5 Impact players in the East. : hahha ya because they couldn't win a cup with krejci and bergeron at center. haha. the guy for the bruins is rask. no question. 
    Posted by juniorfalcon19[/QUOTE]

Jr was the one that started to compare the impact of players and their importance to the bruins. So my post were in response to that.

Sections
Shortcuts