5 Observations from 10-20 vs. the Leafs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

5 Observations from 10-20 vs. the Leafs

1. Bruins D, especially Chara not just going up the boards on the breakouts even when they are not there.  I have seen the D go up the middle to their centers more in 7 games then I did all last year.

2. David Krejci made a huge difference even though he didn't show up on the score sheet.  The new lines look good.

3. Kampfer vs. Bartkowski competition for #7 defenseman is OVER! 

4. The Leafs are young and fast up front, but their D do not impress me too much and the Monster will be lucky to be in the league by years end.

5. Total team effort.  Now the challenge is to bring this effort on a consistent basis.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: 5 Observations from 10-20 vs. the Leafs

6. Lucic didn't float. But he stung like a 'B'.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

7. Powerplay came off the Milk Carton and actually executed on the ice.

Well done.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In Response to Re: 5 Observations from 10-20 vs. the Leafs:
    [QUOTE]6. Lucic didn't float. But he stung like a 'B'.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

He received the message.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

Peverley still bedazzled by his 3.25M contract. Looked a little lazy out there last night. And I've liked him since Nashville had him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Pouliot continues to impress. Drew the first 2 calls w/ hard work.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ingrizzlebizzles. Show ingrizzlebizzles's posts

In Response to 5 Observations from 10-20 vs. the Leafs:
    [QUOTE]1. Bruins D, especially Chara not just going up the boards on the breakouts even when they are not there.  I have seen the D go up the middle to their centers more in 7 games then I did all last year. 2. David Krejci made a huge difference even though he didn't show up on the score sheet.  The new lines look good. 3. Kampfer vs. Bartkowski competition for #7 defenseman is OVER!  4. The Leafs are young and fast up front, but their D do not impress me too much and the Monster will be lucky to be in the league by years end. 5. Total team effort.  Now the challenge is to bring this effort on a consistent basis.
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

LOL. No Seguin listed? That's funny. 

#1 is DEAD-ON. Chara actually passed the puck like an NHL player last night. Crisp and tape-to-tape rather than lazy and off the boards. That alone created several rushes and chances. And the difference on the power play was the timing and positioning on the one-timer. He actually had a lane to the net and he nailed both of those shots. 

#2 not really. there were times when the team was taking a new more aggressive approach and David came on and almost sucked the life out of the team. his mentality can be like a blanket sometimes, especially in the regular season.

#3 - there never was a competition and anyone who thought there was was wrong. Kampfer is NHL level, Bart is not, at least not yet. It'll be interesting to see how he looks tonight in Prov if he's playing. that said, Kampfer got nailed again last night. Was the hit in the 3rd a cheap shot? I thought so, but he did look a little casual and took some other big hits earlier. the B's may have to pick up another Hnidy type for protection (assuming they can't get another legit NHL D-man)

but the Seguin play was insane. The fact that he ripped the defenseman's stick right out of his hands made it even cooler.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to 5 Observations from 10-20 vs. the Leafs : LOL. No Seguin listed? That's funny.  #1 is DEAD-ON. Chara actually passed the puck like an NHL player last night. Crisp and tape-to-tape rather than lazy and off the boards. That alone created several rushes and chances. And the difference on the power play was the timing and positioning on the one-timer. He actually had a lane to the net and he nailed both of those shots.  #2 not really. there were times when the team was taking a new more aggressive approach and David came on and almost sucked the life out of the team. his mentality can be like a blanket sometimes, especially in the regular season. #3 - there never was a competition and anyone who thought there was was wrong. Kampfer is NHL level, Bart is not, at least not yet. It'll be interesting to see how he looks tonight in Prov if he's playing. that said, Kampfer got nailed again last night. Was the hit in the 3rd a cheap shot? I thought so, but he did look a little casual and took some other big hits earlier. the B's may have to pick up another Hnidy type for protection (assuming they can't get another legit NHL D-man) but the Seguin play was insane. The fact that he ripped the defenseman's stick right out of his hands made it even cooler.
    Posted by ingrizzlebizzles[/QUOTE]

Ingrizz - I don't always post the obvious observations.  It goes without saying that Seguin and all the other guys with 3 point nights had tremendous games.  David was dangling last night and if nothing else freed up the other lines to do their thing.  In addition he was crazy good in the circle, where at one point he was 71% or something ridiculous like that.  I agree with you regarding the competition for #7 D, but if there was never a competition, someone forgot to tell the coaching staff that.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]Peverley still bedazzled by his 3.25M contract. Looked a little lazy out there last night. And I've liked him since Nashville had him.
    Posted by PINEwarmer[/QUOTE]

Not his strongest performance.  However, he has been moved around more then anyone else because of his flexability of playing up and down the line up at any forward spot.  Let's see if the lines stay the same for a few games and see where everyone is at.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]Pouliot continues to impress. Drew the first 2 calls w/ hard work.
    Posted by mattymcgee55[/QUOTE]

Without a doubt!  As I said in another post, he is working hard and the chemistry will take some time.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

8. Thomas almost connects with Seguin for a breakaway!

9. Kessel still stinks in Boston....THANK YOU KESSEL!

10. Leafs showed their true form

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 5 Observations from 10-20 vs. the Leafs : He received the message.
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

Email, phone call, talk to him in person or he read boston.com ?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 5 Observations from 10-20 vs. the Leafs : Email, phone call, talk to him in person or he read boston.com ?
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Gotta love your sarcasm.  We all know I was talking about Claude's message.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]8. Thomas almost connects with Seguin for a breakaway! 9. Kessel still stinks in Boston....THANK YOU KESSEL! 10. Leafs showed their true form
    Posted by 4everbruins[/QUOTE]

Thomas did connect with Seguin for the breakaway, to me the linesman blew the call.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

My observation.

Even though Krejci was still ailing from that injury and slowed down a bit. He changed certain things in his game to accomodate that and made some amazing plays that you dont normally see from players who arent at 100%.

It just goes to show how gifted and cerebral a player he really is. Anyone that thinks he should be traded is just downright insane. He's datsyuk-lite and necessary to the LT success of this team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 5 Observations from 10-20 vs. the Leafs : Gotta love your sarcasm.  We all know I was talking about Claude's message.
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

Just kidding of course meanE . Glad you recognize it. Keep up the observations . It makes for good banter.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobforte2002. Show bobforte2002's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 5 Observations from 10-20 vs. the Leafs : He received the message.
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

I believe someone on this board yesterday mentioned Lucic needed a message sent and then was chastised by the so called 8,000 post experts on this board. 

Just saying.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobforte2002. Show bobforte2002's posts

Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

I believe someone on this board yesterday mentioned Lucic needed a message sent and then was chastised by the so called 8,000 post experts on this board. 

Just saying.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

[QUOTE]8. Thomas almost connects with Seguin for a breakaway! 9. Kessel still stinks in Boston....THANK YOU KESSEL! 10. Leafs showed their true form
    Posted by 4everbruins[/QUOTE]

But on a night when the NHL’s leading scorer, Phil Kessel, was pointless and nowhere to be seen during the game and unwilling to give his version of events afterwards, the Leafs didn’t have much else to throw at the champs. - Damien Cox

HAHAHA.  Kessel unwilling to talk to the media afterwards.  Typical.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Love the observations as it's a good follow-on to Chowda's "player of the game" thread. It's hard to limit the kudos when so many play as well as they did. As always, the Garden loved the Orr-Thornton match, doing what they both get paid to do, even though their skills are not exactly Hockey 101. It appeared to me that Boychuck, who has been playing quite well, made a number of poor decisions last night by losing the puck out in front of Timmy more than once, and hesitating to pass except for back to his defensive partner. Let's hope, at this point, it's a one game abberation. Seguin and Peverly make Claude's 3rd man high work exceptionally well , as their anticipation and speed kicked in all game long.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 5 Observations from 10-20 vs. the Leafs : Thomas did connect with Seguin for the breakaway, to me the linesman blew the call.
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

I thought his trailing foot was off the ice.  Initially I went by the crowd reaction and Seguin's reaction, and thought it was a good play.  But seeing the replays I thought he lifted it.  I also thought he had enough time to make sure he dragged the foot. Got ahead of himself IMO.   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 5 Observations from 10-20 vs. the Leafs : I believe someone on this board yesterday mentioned Lucic needed a message sent and then was chastised by the so called 8,000 post experts on this board.  Just saying.
    Posted by bobforte2002[/QUOTE]

You have another thread dedicated to yourself.  Please go there and play .  Also, no need to annoy us twice. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 5 Observations from 10-20 vs. the Leafs : Not his strongest performance.  However, he has been moved around more then anyone else because of his flexability of playing up and down the line up at any forward spot.  Let's see if the lines stay the same for a few games and see where everyone is at.
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]
    That's why I was happy to see them sign him to an extension. He's a late bloomer with good skills and hockey sense and flexible enough to move up and down the lines.
    I just thought on a few occasions he didn't seem to be putting in a full effort out there.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Thanks for everyone posting on Observations...Nice break down....Just wanted to add...that the Coaches knew which D man was going to be #6, but he was on IR at the start of the season, so they played Bart till he was healthy

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks for everyone posting on Observations...Nice break down....Just wanted to add...that the Coaches knew which D man was going to be #6, but he was on IR at the start of the season, so they played Bart till he was healthy
    Posted by Stuke50[/QUOTE]

Not sure where you are going with this?  I thought Adam was our 6th d-man and Bartkowski and Kampfer were battling for the 7th spot?

Sections
Shortcuts