5 reasons why this team isn't going to win the cup

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

5 reasons why this team isn't going to win the cup

1) Ryder > than Pouliotte.  Lazy as he was he scored key goals when it mattered.
    2) No Recchi = no leadership.
    3) Facebook and Politics.  Goaltending isn't what it was
    4) Best player is a 20 year old.  
    5) We re not the biggest and baddest team anymore.

All this is resulting in not winning the close games, not winning the games we should win, not stealing any games.  Same opinion stands even if they pull out a win today.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Re: 5 reasons why this team isn't going to win the cup

Can't argue...you can throw in a brutal PP again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

PC has to be concerned with what he has been seeing the last few weeks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

The NYR had better goaltending today. That's why they won. If you asked Torts, I bet you he was pleased with the result but not with the overall performance.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dosul. Show dosul's posts

It should be 5 reason why this team is not going to win a playoff game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Why do you even imagine that this Bruins team can win two cups in a row? When was it last done? who did it?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Weak post...the odds are already against a repeat.  Fair to say that they have not been playing well recently, but trying to channel Ryder, Recchi and Mark Zuckerberg as reasons to jump off the band-wagon???  

B's played one of their better games in a long time against a quality opponent in their building.  A couple of bad bounces were the difference.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Fairweather Matt. Don't antagonize yourself watching the Bruins until the playoffs.

Do you think the Rangers will win the Cup?

Here are three reasons they won't:

1. Nathan Horton
    2. Rich Peverley
    3. Andrew Ference

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If the Bruins get healthy going into the playoffs I'm confident. When Boston was on a roll Recchi, Ryder, Facebook politics, big and bad had nothing to do with the Bruins now it suddenly does so I disagree with this threads OPs reasoning.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Rangers today had a higher compete level! Bs seem to lose theirs a few months ago but maybe they can find it. We'll have to see which is the real Bs team, the average at best team now or the team that tore it up earlier.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

When your good you are lucky as well. Queen Henri just better today than TT with some help from the pipes. Rangers always seem to convert on the bounces. Another game with double the shots and around half the finishes. Rangers mirror B's template for success from last year. Good balance of size, speed, age, toughness and leadership. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: 5 reasons why this team isn't going to win the cup:
    Rangers today had a higher compete level! Bs seem to lose theirs a few months ago but maybe they can find it. We'll have to see which is the real Bs team, the average at best team now or the team that tore it up earlier.
    Posted by thefly8

Yeah the Rags compete level was higher all right, 11 shots(?) after 2 periods. wow.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Null, did you make it out of the parking lot? Did you watch your step.

Don't hang around parking lots, better to hang out in the traffic. Highways would be better - better to get run over by a Mack truck.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

band-wagon?  fairweather fan?  hahah I have been a die heart since 1970.  True its almost impossible to win back to back cups but I still want to be close.  This team was supposed to be better than last years team and the truth is that if it wasn't for 7 weeks of out of this world results we would be no better off than the leafs.  Yes we have injuries but so does every other team.  

Hopefully we can turn it around and thats not impossible.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

When your good you are lucky as well. Queen Henri just better today than TT with some help from the pipes. Rangers always seem to convert on the bounces. Another game with double the shots and around half the finishes. Rangers mirror B's template for success from last year. Good balance of size, speed, age, toughness and leadership. 
    Posted by zamboni24

What game were you watching? The B's outshot the Rangers 2-1.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Things sure look brutal but I've had it with freaking out everytime the Bs lose.

We'll see what happens come the play offs. Too soon to make predictions.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yes we have injuries but so does every other team.   Hopefully we can turn it around and thats not impossible. Posted by mattbs

I agree depth has been an issue but I also think the Bs will turn it around.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

No one knows if Peverley or Horton will be healthy or 100% for the playoffs.  No one knows if TT will actually turn it on and stop reading Thomas Paine. No one knows if the NYR will collapse. No one knows if the Jets will suddenly come out of nowhere and take everyone surprise because Pavelec pulls a Halak and stands on his head. No one knows.   No one knows.   No one knows. All we DO know is right now, on March 4, the Bruins have been playing ugly for 20+ games
    Posted by ipot

Ipot, this is why I'm not going to worry about what might happen. I know what this team is capable of if they can get healthy. If they don't, so be it. We'll all see in April.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Posted by thefly8

fly - I honestly did not see this.  In fact, I thought the Bruins showed the kind of industrious form that's largely gone missing over the last several weeks.  As I saw it the not only matched the NYR competitiveness but exceeded it.  Thomas makes the stops after the Bruins climb out of their 2-0 and and hole and we could be looking at a different result.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ErnestoGiove. Show ErnestoGiove's posts

You lose 11 straight and whaaaat? Thomas is way too old to be a differenc maker. Julien needs to go. Horton is a bust. Down 2-0 to Montreal having to go back to Montreal, no way. Game 7 again? No way. Flyers? We're gonna get killed. Ok, nice sweep but Lightning are too fast too powerful. 1-3-1, damaged? Finals, really? Vancouver is too deep too strong. Dammit, down 2-0 again. We can't score. Or can we? Ummm yep.

How quick we forget!!

Get it out of the way. If you want to pack it in - pack it in. Get out first round - no pretenders in the playoffs. 

No repeat but no cake walk.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: 5 reasons why this team isn't going to win the cup : I agree.  All I'm saying is that none of us can control the future.  Are they safely in the playoffs?  I'd say yes, but they need to string a solid 10 game spurt out of the remaining 18 to give themselves that luxury.    
    Posted by ipot

ipot - And to get their play sorted to where it's back to being its most effective Try to reduce any bad habits they've perhaps slowly allowed to creep into their game.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

B's may not repeat as Cup champs, but they'll sure as hell be one tough out if they do go down.

Sections
Shortcuts