53 Saves...FIFTY THREE SAVES!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: 53 Saves...FIFTY THREE SAVES!

Unbelievable.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Even a casual Bruins fan like me could see that that was one awesome performance by Rask.  And, yes, I thought the penalty killing was off the charts as well.  (Pardon the intrusion - I usually hang in the Pats forum)

you're very welcomed !  If Rusty comes chimes in so can you and TcAL !

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Tuukka was an absolute stud! He played the epitome of a solid, patient and well positioned game. He earned every bit of his first star!   ...he did get first star, right?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

And people, lets start spelling his name correctly, he has earned that, right?

Two U's two K's (two points)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

just as in the '11 playoff run with TT, i've stopped looking behind tuukka after shots. you almost know he's going to stop the puck. he's twenty something (25 or 26?), top 5 in the league, and a boston bruin! we are spoiled rotten fans, for that i'm thankful. ONE MORE WIN!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Even a casual Bruins fan like me could see that that was one awesome performance by Rask.  And, yes, I thought the penalty killing was off the charts as well.  (Pardon the intrusion - I usually hang in the Pats forum)

No intrusion at all. The Pats and Bruins are my two favorite teams (sports) and I read on the daily for a year before ever posting here and now I don't spend as much time on the Pats boards anymore. Most of the regular posters over here are really cool (at least they have been to me) and an interesting read. Unfortunately there are trolls a plenty but they are the same d-bags from the Pats boards. Welcome to this side. I feel you'll like it more. The regulars are must reads.

Rask was a beast last night and I was surprised, almost shocked to read that he was the number two star last night. Patrice had a solid game and the game winner but Rask was the main reason the Bruins won last night.

I took one of my students (who graduates tomorrow) and we had a blast. I asked him at the end of the first OT if he needed us to leave due to the time and he said he'd rather not leave the game early no matter the time. I think I shed a tear of joy at his response ;)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Thanks BsLegion and ROWDYRODRUST.  I will confess that my level of hockey knowledge is not what it might be as compared to where I am with the Pats, Celts and Sox but I know quality competitive performances when I see them and the B's have been amazing in this series, absolutely amazing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Absolutely unreal. As much as I'm not one to like the whole Thomas/Rask comparisons and what not, as Rask has more than proven that he's an outstanding goalie in his own right, but this game was very similar to game 2 against Philly. Philly got blown out the game before, and came out guns-a-blazing in game 2, only to be stone-walled by Thomas. That was a game that Boston had no business winning, much like this one. Luckily, the 19th man on the ice for the Bruins stood on his head, and hopefully disheartened Pittsburgh just like Thomas did to Philly, and the Bruins can dominate in game 4.

6 million? Easily. He has done more than enough to prove that he's the goalie for the Bruins. Just don't sign him to any Lebrongo contract.

I saw someone asked if he was the first star.....somehow, a few news outlets (98.5 definitely did) gave Bergeron the first star. Without Rask, this doesn't go to OT. Not even close.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

He's got the perfect temperament for a goalie. I loved Thomas, but I love Rask's ability to take over the job. We have had the best two goalies of the last 5 years in my opinion. And Subban is on the way as well!

I think he lost a couple of Chicklets Fred--The Turk

The goal isn't for the Bruins to take a beating for the team, it's to cause the opponents to take a beating for theirs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

In response to Bunker Spreckles' comment:

In response to hangnail's comment:

Tugnutt!

When I saw the total, I thought of it.  I did.  Incredible game by Rask.

Why ? Is 53 the new 70 ?

I dont get it either.The performance of Tugnutt in that game and Rask in last nights have nothing in common. Nothing. If you watched last nights game and the play of Tuuka reminded you of Ron Tugnutts performance that game, I would love to know why.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

In response to Bunker Spreckles' comment:

In response to hangnail's comment:

Tugnutt!

When I saw the total, I thought of it.  I did.  Incredible game by Rask.

Why ? Is 53 the new 70 ?

I dont get it either.The performance of Tugnutt in that game and Rask in last nights have nothing in common. Nothing. If you watched last nights game and the play of Tuuka reminded you of Ron Tugnutts performance that game, I would love to know why.

One was a nothing regular season game against the Nordiques and one was in the ECF's against the vaunted Pittsburgh Penguins. I can see the similarities........? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

One was a nothing regular season game against the Nordiques and one was in the ECF's against the vaunted Pittsburgh Penguins. I can see the similarities........? 

[/QUOTE]

........a regular season 3-3 tie ( Uggh, I hated ties ) compared to a playoff double overtime conference final thriller.

Yup, it's memories of Tugnutt all over again.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

Absolute brilliant performance by Tuukka last night , my son and I were in awe at how he was so positionally sound, calm , and incredibly smooth . A joy to watch him between the pipes !

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to mikzor's comment:

Against the supposed most potent offense in the game. Salute to the defense too.

Right now he's making them look like the most impotent offense.  The Pens have 2 goals in three games.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Against the supposed most potent offense in the game. Salute to the defense too.

Right now he's making them look like the most impotent offense.  The Pens have 2 goals in three games.

The odds in Vegas would have been astronomical for this prediction.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Against the supposed most potent offense in the game.Salute to the defense too.

The odds in Vegas would have been astronomical for this prediction.

While you're saluting the defense, I hope you're including all the Bruins' linemen who have been backckecking so fiercely. The defense has really been a total team effort.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to trouts' comment:

[/QUOTE] While you're saluting the defense, I hope you're including all the Bruins' linemen who have been backckecking so fiercely. The defense has really been a total team effort.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, I've noticed their pass rush protection has been amazing also.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Wait the Bs got John Hannah ?!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Anyone else hear that Rask is the only goalie in more than a year to shut out the Pens? He follows up the shutout with a GAA of 0.78 over the next 2 games. All this against the highest scoring playoff team ( through 2 rounds) in 30 years.

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

What are the chances Tim Thomas sticks his head out of his cave and gives Rask kudos...just a sound bite? I honestly didn't think there was any way in blue hell we would get the quality of goal tending we've gotten - I thought Rask was up and coming/solid, but I've seen many of our goal tenders over the years be solid and never make it past the first round. On the flip side I've seen us many times lose to a hot goalie in the playoffs (even though we were the better team) - this is refreshing to see...we may of caught lightning in a bottle twice. He stopped 158 out of 160 shots? Amazing.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"What are the chances Tim Thomas sticks his head out of his cave and gives Rask kudos...just a sound bite?"

Wouldn't be suprised I believe that Tuukka has mentioned it a few times that they have kept in touch.

Sections
Shortcuts