5Observations from 10-18 vs. Canes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

5Observations from 10-18 vs. Canes

1. 4th line was brutal.  On the ice for first 2 goals by the canes.  Anthony Stewart probably wishes he played the B's every night!  Last year the 4th line usually won the battle of energy lines and made a difference, not so much early on this year.

2. The refs were poor last night.  i'm not going to fresk out and claim they were the reason why the Bruins lost the game.  However they sure let the Canes get away with alot of chopping after the whistle.

3. Skinner is much more willing to go to the dirty areas the Seguin is, but I am OK with that.

4. Why is Bartkowski even on this team?  Loved how he took a knee on the 1st goal.  CJ has absolutely no confidence in him, he  even tried to to give him some confidence by going right back to him after the 1st, but it was clear he's not ready!

5. CJ is not going to sit back and let guys float!  Milan Lucic have you received the message?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hijoe1. Show Hijoe1's posts

Re: 5Observations from 10-18 vs. Canes

In Response to 5Observations from 10-18 vs. Canes:
    [QUOTE]1. 4th line was brutal.  On the ice for first 2 goals by the canes.  Anthony Stewart probably wishes he played the B's every night!  Last year the 4th line usually won the battle of energy lines and made a difference, not so much early on this year. 2. The refs were poor last night.  i'm not going to fresk out and claim they were the reason why the Bruins lost the game.  However they sure let the Canes get away with alot of chopping after the whistle. 3. Skinner is much more willing to go to the dirty areas the Seguin is, but I am OK with that. 4. Why is Bartkowski even on this team?  Loved how he took a knee on the 1st goal.  CJ has absolutely no confidence in him, he  even tried to to give him some confidence by going right back to him after the 1st, but it was clear he's not ready! 5. CJ is not going to sit back and let guys float!  Milan Lucic have you received the message?
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

Other then taking it out on the refs (the bruins deserved most of the penalties they were given), you watched the EXACT same game I did. The 4th line shouldn't even be seeing the ice right now the way they are playing, and Bartkowski is lost but at least he has an excuse being inexperienced. What possible EXCUSES can Lucic and Horton have for there play? They are just out crusing around like it is a sunday afternoon skate. the BRUINS are about 2 seconds late on every play. The hang over is for real and is HANGING OVER.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]1. 4th line was brutal.  On the ice for first 2 goals by the canes.  Anthony Stewart probably wishes he played the B's every night!  Last year the 4th line usually won the battle of energy lines and made a difference, not so much early on this year. 2. The refs were poor last night.  i'm not going to fresk out and claim they were the reason why the Bruins lost the game.  However they sure let the Canes get away with alot of chopping after the whistle. 3. Skinner is much more willing to go to the dirty areas the Seguin is, but I am OK with that. 4. Why is Bartkowski even on this team?  Loved how he took a knee on the 1st goal.  CJ has absolutely no confidence in him, he  even tried to to give him some confidence by going right back to him after the 1st, but it was clear he's not ready! 5. CJ is not going to sit back and let guys float!  Milan Lucic have you received the message?
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

Milan Lucic floating last night ? Disagree .

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

We've played six games, admittedly a small sample size.

But we've only scored 6 goals, avg of 1.8 per game.

This was our same problem two years ago, we couldn't put the puck in the net.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In Response to Re: 5Observations from 10-18 vs. Canes:
    [QUOTE]In Response to 5Observations from 10-18 vs. Canes : Milan Lucic floating last night ? Disagree .
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Prior to his demotion to the third line, he was not skating or hitting.  I would say floating, you may not.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Ya, I knew this forum would be blowing up today. LOL Im fine with the loss. Its early in the season. Im fine with the loss because at least the team made it entertaining with all the fighting and filling the penalty box where there wasnt enough seats. The B's are a frustrated team right now. Yes, lack of scoring is the issue. Hopefully they will get it turned around.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

[QUOTE]We've played six games, admittedly a small sample size. But we've only scored 6 goals, avg of 1.8 per game. This was our same problem two years ago, we couldn't put the puck in the net.
    Posted by SomethingBrewin[/QUOTE]

That's quite the math work! :)
    My only problem with the goonery was Horton's double minor on the turtle (Gleason?). Gotta be smarter there. They need to be awakened and I don't think tonight will do it for them. A trade may be coming very soon.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'm just not fine with the Bruins finishing efforts right now plus Horton and Lucic are boring to watch, not winning battles along the wall. I thought Corvo, Bergeron, Marchand, Peverley's, Siedenberg's and Kelly's efforts were stellar last night.

I'm still convinced that the Bruins think they can turn it on when they feel like and win...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Of coarse I didn't see the game. Saw highlites. Did the Bruins show emotions in all 3 periods ? They sure seemed testy in the 3 period. Is Corvo okay ? I heard he had to go to the dressing room. Did he come back ?...thanks for posting guys.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 5Observations from 10-18 vs. Canes : Prior to his demotion to the third line, he was not skating or hitting.  I would say floating, you may not.
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

Correct .

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]I'm just not fine with the Bruins finishing efforts right now plus Horton and Lucic are boring to watch, not winning battles along the wall. I thought Corvo, Bergeron, Marchand, Peverley's, Siedenberg's and Kelly's efforts were stellar last night. I'm still convinced that the Bruins think they can turn it on when they feel like and win...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Corvo looked really nice moving the puck, especially after coming back from the hit.  I felt bad for Bergeron at the end of the game, as he was on the ice a lot during those 5 on 3's busting his hump.  I think that your last statement personifies a Stanley Cup Hangover more then anything else.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

A bit of a crazy game. Glad to see Claude's emotion perk up. Thought the refs favored Carolina by not equalling penalties on all combatants, and used the Misconduct too much. Don't know why Chara stepped in on Harrison unless he just wanted to stir the pot. A lot of carolina jabs that the refs "obviously" did not see. Abysmal call on Chara with Skinner hamming it up. Then to give Marchand a misconduct for telling Skinner to stop the sh--. Not smart or controlling calls by the refs, but equally dumb by Horton when Gleason turtled. refs missed Gleason's jab to Lucic's back then wondered why Looch was upset; then no game on Allen for 3rd man in or instigator, or something. Then later the ref leaned on the rail in front of Carolina bench and chatted with bench. Did not look totally un-biased. Thought the Bruins top lines looked better in the early going, but Bartkowski was not , and the 4th line is being outplayed constantly, unlike last year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

what bothered me most was how the refs took over the game, it was a 2-1 game and gearing up for a great finish, cant blame them for Hortons dumb penalty but after that it became a joke and the officials by handing out misconducts and giving the candy canes 5 minuts of 5-3 completely ruined what would have been a great finish.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

The only positive to take from the loss is at least they got emotional.  Hopefully this will be the turning point for the team.  I'm thinking they blow out the Leafs on Thursday on pent up emotion alone.  This better at least wake up Lucic and Horton.  I for one think that Lucic needed to get pissed to start to get his game back.  No more "finesse" from Lucic, I wan to to see more crash-bang-shoot out of him.  If there was ever a time to break up our two "power forwards" this is it.  They have officially played themselves out of their top line role.  Shake it up for next game just for the heck of it and see what happens

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonbruins69. Show bostonbruins69's posts

[QUOTE]We've played six games, admittedly a small sample size. But we've only scored 6 goals, avg of 1.8 per game. This was our same problem two years ago, we couldn't put the puck in the net.
    Posted by SomethingBrewin[/QUOTE]

Just a quick question.  If we have played 6 games and scored 6 goals how do you come up with 1.8 per game?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ingrizzlebizzles. Show ingrizzlebizzles's posts

Marchand to the ref, "You're a $$#@ing idiot."

LOL

so at least there was that. Oh and Caron had a few shifts where he looked like he knew what he was doing so that was good. He still does that very annoying "I'll wait until the last second to put my stick in a good position" (resulting in the stick being late) which is surprising because fundamentals are supposed to be his strong suit. 

Pouliot appears to be a bust at this point and should be down on the 4th line with Paille moving to 3rd. I'll repost the lines to help out the Claudester

LKH (L Pev H while Krejci's out)
    MBS
    Paille Kelly Pev (Paille Kelly Caron while Krejci's out) 
    Pouliot Campbell Thornton

Paille had his first bad game in a long while last night but he's been far more consistent and useful than Pouliot. Campbell too. Campbell has looked pretty good so far.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 5Observations from 10-18 vs. Canes : Just a quick question.  If we have played 6 games and scored 6 goals how do you come up with 1.8 per game?
    Posted by bostonbruins69[/QUOTE]

Sorry, we've played six and scored 11   1.8333333

6 on the mind for some reason.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Ive sat back and said nothing during this past 6 games, waiting for what we are all waiting for and thats the Bs team to show up as a team. So far, they havent. Watching lucic gives me the impression he just doesnt know wth hes doing. Horton played better with some emotion. Corvo is good. Seguin looked good but imo should be playing with peverly and pick any other speedy winger. It seems the nhl sent a message to the bruins that what helped them win the cup last year isnt going to work this yearm ( ala 3rd period rough stuff. ) The canes goated and benefited from it.
    Did anyone miss DK ? I think so

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ingrizzlebizzles. Show ingrizzlebizzles's posts

Speaking of Marchand, he's not really playing well right now. Last few games he's been a turnover machine. Methinks he need more Seguin.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]
    On your point number 5.  Good for CJ.  Milan - a 30 goal season and 1 Cup does not mean you can rest on your laurels.  I am a big fan of the tough hard nosed Lucic who works hard and goes to the net hard.  When his feet are not moving he is brutal!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Only observation I'de like to point out is if Julien gives the 4th line that many minutes they cannot have the other teams 4th line score on them consistently.
    2 games vs the Canes and 2goals by their 4th line against our 4th line.
    Sure we can blame Bartkowski but that's too easy.  The root of their frist goal happens because the Bruns 4th line was not strong on the puck and turned it over a couple of times.
    Their 2nd goal I think Rask on any other day would have that.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]Only observation I'de like to point out is if Julien gives the 4th line that many minutes they cannot have the other teams 4th line score on them consistently. 2 games vs the Canes and 2goals by their 4th line against our 4th line. Sure we can blame   Bartkowski but that's too easy.  The root of their frist goal happens because the Bruns 4th line was not strong on the puck and turned it over a couple of times. Their 2nd goal I think Rask on any other day would have that.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

I am not so sure anymore that Rask would have that on any other day.  I know the numbers don't back me up, but he is starting to remind me of Andrew Raycroft.  Not in his save % or goals against average, but in his demeanor.  Is he mentally tough?  I am not so sure.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

[QUOTE]The only positive to take from the loss is at least they got emotional.  Hopefully this will be the turning point for the team.  I'm thinking they blow out the Leafs on Thursday on pent up emotion alone.  This better at least wake up Lucic and Horton.  I for one think that Lucic needed to get pissed to start to get his game back.  No more "finesse" from Lucic, I wan to to see more crash-bang-shoot out of him.  If there was ever a time to break up our two "power forwards" this is it.  They have officially played themselves out of their top line role.  Shake it up for next game just for the heck of it and see what happens
    Posted by Chappy28[/QUOTE]

Blow out the Leafs?? I would like for you to be right but the Leafs have no losses yet and thanks to Center Ice package -- I've seen a few of their games. Granted it was just the Jets tonight but if not for a solid performance by Pavelec -- Leafs would have blown them out. Kessel really feeling his oats so far this season. Lupul also looking sharp.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 5Observations from 10-18 vs. Canes : I am not so sure anymore that Rask would have that on any other day.  I know the numbers don't back me up, but he is starting to remind me of Andrew Raycroft.  Not in his save % or goals against average, but in his demeanor.  Is he mentally tough?  I am not so sure.
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

So, sell high is what you are saying?

Sections
Shortcuts