6 years, $36 million for Eberle

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

6 years, $36 million for Eberle

Between him, Hall and Skinner it's pretty clear what the ballpark for Seguin will be.

My question is, do you feel that, at this early stage of his career, Seguin deserves to be the second highest paid player on the Bruins? Just an open question, as I don't have a strong personal opinion either way.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: 6 years, $36 million for Eberle

Regardless of what year he's in, he did lead the team in scoring at 19-20 years old and has no where to go but up. No problem with him getting that money, he's is the present and future of this franchise.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Sign him now to that kind of deal, if he continues to progress like most of us think he will the deal will look real good.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Red, I think it's just simple inflation that'll  make him the 2nd highest paid Bruin. I also don't think anyone in the room would feel slighted by the concept of him getting that type of money. Lastly, Lucic might end up getting signed for somewhere in that neighbourhood too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Once again, the owners keep handing out the type of contracts that they are supposedly against in the next CBA.  I have nothing against Hall, Skinner or Eberle but the owners handing out these deals before Sept. 15th is a joke.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I would first offer Lucic 4.5-5 per season and then I would sign Seguin to his inevitable 6 million per.  At that point we will certainly lose a player or two from the rest of the free agents.  I believe Horton and everyone else already sees the writing on the wall.  I'm not even all that confident that we could re-up with Rask and Marchand in addition to Seguin and Lucic without severely limiting the bottom half of the roster.  I think one solution is to trade Krejci, which would probably allow us to keep, Seguin, Lucic, Marchand and Rask.  However they do it, I would like to find a way to keep these four guys.  Having rookies in the system would help alleviate the pains on a tight fit under the cap so hopefully, these young guys we all talk about continue to mature. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Agree that the only thing that seems wrong about this is the fact the owners are hissy fitting that they need the players to bear more of a financial burden for the leagues sake on one hand while handing out 6mil contracts with the other.

I guess you can have your cake and eat it too.

I think Edmonton is screwed when all the ELC's expire and they have 9 guys who want 6mil plus.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to 6 years, $36 million for Eberle:

Once again, the owners keep handing out the type of contracts that they are supposedly against in the next CBA.  I have nothing against Hall, Skinner or Eberle but the owners handing out these deals before Sept. 15th is a joke.

The answer to this is really very simple.  If they sign these guys now, the contracts will be "rolled back" if and when there is a roll-back.  In other words, these contracts will be brought into line with whatever new system is brought in, so signing them now provides both a coveted player and the team with some security.  If you're pointing to the six rather than five year term, I would suggest that the five year limit is a first offer by the owners, there's a long way to go and the number of years is only going to go up as they negotiate, and an extra year of security is a nice bonus to get the player to sign now rather than wait and see what happens.  They're hardly "against" this kind of contract.  The only other element that they might be perceived to be "against" is that these are second and third year players, but it's pretty hard to argue that Eberle at a point per game, Skinner with a 30 goal season and the same pace in an injury year, Hall with an impressive points/game, and Seguin leading the Bruins in scoring are getting their dollars only on the basis of potential.

People just want to hack on the owners.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Gregory Campbell's daddy had something to do with this contract and as we know Colin Cambell fixed the 2011 Stanley Cup along with Jordan Eberle's dad HA HA HA HA!!!"

Just thought I would go ahead n get that in here to save some time for our buddy...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

"Gregory Campbell's daddy had something to do with this contract and as we know Colin Cambell fixed the 2011 Stanley Cup along with Jordan Eberle's dad HA HA HA HA!!!"

Just thought I would go ahead n get that in here to save some time for our buddy...

You eliminated the middle null, I mean man, dawg.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

As for the Eberle deal itself, well, the market has now been officially set.  It's possible Seguin gets 2/$9M or something as a transitional deal ("You see, Tyler, the salary you sign for now will be rolled back, but in two years, you'll be able to come back and ask for $6M without the roll back.  Whadda say?").  But smart money says the market rules and the Bruins, already caving to the pressure created by Edmonton and Carolina by negotiating now, take the template they've been given and make sure Seggy Stardust stays a Bruin for Five Years...Five Years....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Between him, Hall and Skinner it's pretty clear what the ballpark for Seguin will be.

My question is, do you feel that, at this early stage of his career, Seguin deserves to be the second highest paid player on the Bruins? Just an open question, as I don't have a strong personal opinion either way.

"Deserve's got nothin' to do with it." - William Munny.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

"Once again, the owners keep handing out the type of contracts that they are supposedly against in the next CBA. "

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Eberle is likely going to regress next year. his shooting % was 18.9 last year, obscenely high. Of the past 30 highest shooting percentages, in the last 7 years, every single player has regressed significantly.

He might maintain the same production given that RNH will be that much better, but he'll definitely dip in efficiency. Not even Sidney Crosby can score on that high a % of his shots.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Olsonic's comment:

Eberle is likely going to regress next year. his shooting % was 18.9 last year, obscenely high. Of the past 30 highest shooting percentages, in the last 7 years, every single player has regressed significantly.

He might maintain the same production given that RNH will be that much better, but he'll definitely dip in efficiency. Not even Sidney Crosby can score on that high a % of his shots.

I'm not saying his shooting pct will be that high but I think he is a young player who's overall game will only get better.