60 minute effort

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StJohnsbruinsfan. Show StJohnsbruinsfan's posts

60 minute effort

Good to see from the B's! Two early goals and kept the pressure on Philly. Looked like a different team tonight. Timmy didn't have to steal this one, but still with some nice saves to keep the cushion. Also destroyed them on face-offs.

GO B's!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StJohnsbruinsfan. Show StJohnsbruinsfan's posts

Re: 60 minute effort

And add the late PP goal!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Absolutely right SJ. Maybe their strongest effort of the year. Very few checks went unfinished. Philly didn't look like they had an answer for Boston's physical game tonight. Another effort like that and this series will be over. How much do people like CJ's system now? Chara was a beast, the 1st line was great again, bring on game 4!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StJohnsbruinsfan. Show StJohnsbruinsfan's posts

Yes he was a beast tonight. His shot was hard as usual but also hitting the net. No chance for the goalie on those bullets.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

It may have taken 2 years but I am happy to finaly see this team play hard for 60 more often than not! I even give claude credit... did i just really say that?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: 60 minute effort:
    It may have taken 2 years but I am happy to finaly see this team play hard for 60 more often than not! I even give claude credit... did i just really say that?
    Posted by LUCICmilan17

Hey, sometimes the truth hurts.......this isn't one of those times.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StJohnsbruinsfan. Show StJohnsbruinsfan's posts

I'm thinking we wait until we win the 4th to give him his due credit.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

Impressive indeed. The Bruins put on a clinic tonight. Let's take care of business Friday night.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

If CJ takes all the heat when the B's lose or play poorly, we have to give him credit when they play as well as they did tonight.  I actually see him alot less stressed than he looked in the HABS series.....

What I like, is that they did not go into a defensive shell, as they have in the past (same situation)...perhaps some of the heart-breaking losses and blown leads this past season taught them a lesson?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The Bruins aren't a soft team and have skill Flyers have no answer for the Bruins top three lines plus Boston has Timmy. I wanted more speed on this team PC got it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StJohnsbruinsfan. Show StJohnsbruinsfan's posts

In Response to Re: 60 minute effort:
    If CJ takes all the heat when the B's lose or play poorly, we have to give him credit when they play as well as they did tonight.  I actually see him alot less stressed than he looked in the HABS series..... What I like, is that they did not go into a defensive shell, as they have in the past (same situation)...perhaps some of the heart-breaking losses and blown leads this past season taught them a lesson?
    Posted by SmokingJoe

Yes, maybe they finally realized keeping the puck in the offensive zone and not in our end keeps the puck out of our net as well. I liked the push back in the third as well and not the usual sitting back even though we did have a 3 goal lead.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

That was like men against boys out there tonight. Complete domination!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

When the Bruins' minds are locked on performing as the more determined team, their effort appears as it did tonight in one of their most thorough displays of the season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from StJohnsbruinsfan. Show StJohnsbruinsfan's posts

Krejci and Bergeron were unbeatable in the face-off circle tonight as well. I'm pretty sure he was 100% in the circle. Krejci is a man on a mission in this round.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Philly made a push there in the 2nd, but Boston took all the momentum back and then shut it god in the 3rd. That's the type of play that really excites me. Put the puck in deep, use speed, hit everything in sight, get back defensively to avoid odd-man rushes.

It was a perfectly executed gameplan....and you're right that it wasn't passive. Great win.

Sections
Shortcuts