$66mil doesn't get you what it used to

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

$66mil doesn't get you what it used to

"The Anaheim Ducks have locked Ryan Getzlaf in for the long-term. The team announced Friday afternoon that they have signed their captain to an eight-year contract extension with an annual average value of $8.25"

Dear Lord. I know we don't get to see the guy as much as others, but is he really worth it? More than Stamkos, Crosby, Nash, etc?

Buh-bye Perry.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

Re: $66mil doesn't get you what it used to

he is very good, dont get to watch him much but a very good player

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

"The Anaheim Ducks have locked Ryan Getzlaf in for the long-term. The team announced Friday afternoon that they have signed their captain to an eight-year contract extension with an annual average value of $8.25"

Dear Lord. I know we don't get to see the guy as much as others, but is he really worth it? More than Stamkos, Crosby, Nash, etc?

Buh-bye Perry.

I don't think so,whatever happend to players wanting to stay on team,because they liked it there or they wanted to win cup,all about the money now,doesn't seem to be any Izerman,or even Bourque's any more,when you have to pay 1 player 8.2 million,with cap tough to have good team around him,now they will have to get rid of Perry.I don't get it if i was a player playing for team that i liked living in city that i liked,i would be willing to take less money.Even for myself,my job pays very good money,but it's not where i grew up,but there are no jobs there that would pay me anything near what i make,if there was i would never have left that city,Don't no maybee it's just me

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.capgeek.com/ducks

The Ducks have plenty of money to re-sign Perry ($20M under) but they won't because the owner is a cheap skate, with plenty of cap space. Getzlaf to me, watching him live all the time, is worth it!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

The Ducks have plenty of money to re-sign Perry ($20M under) but they won't because the owner is a cheap skate, with plenty of cap space. Getzlaf to me, watching him live all the time, is worth it!

worth 8+? he's really good. but if you're making the long term commitment you should be able to get him at 6-7

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Getzlaf to me, watching him live all the time, is worth it!

I don't want to doubt you Sandog. But, to give me sense of how good you think he is, rate these four players (in your opinion):

Patrice Bergeron, Jonathan Toews, Ryan Getzlaf, Claude Giroux

(This is not a test, by the way).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

SanDog, I watch a lot of Anaheim games, just because I enjoy watching Getzlaf, Perry and Ryan, but please don't tell me this guy is worth as much as Crosby...

Right now 29 GM's just wet their pants, and this has driven up salaries due to this signing, which means none of these boneheads learned a thing during the lock out... good luck next year when the cap goes to $64 Mill next year.. They will not have $20M to spend ...right now it looks to be $14M left to sign 8 more players to fill a roster... meaning a $6M player has to go...

Right now Corey Perry is smiling because his value just went up a whole lot.. He just became an $8M player...

Max I saw Getzlaf at $6.5M -$7M which is probably the right number.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

For those saying he's a $7M vs. and $8M man, come on.  It's 12.5%.  They get their guy, they know the commodity, and they don't have to worry about Calgary sending an offer sheet.

He's a first line guy who (fill in the list of attributes).  That's a good deal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

For those saying he's a $7M vs. and $8M man, come on.  It's 12.5%.  They get their guy, they know the commodity, and they don't have to worry about Calgary sending an offer sheet.

He's a first line guy who (fill in the list of attributes).  That's a good deal.

Worth noting that the cap will go down another 8.5%, so that $1M can make a difference to the right team.  $8.25M seems a little pricey to me, but to your point, if he's your guy you have to give to get.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Soon Perry will be signed for a like amount of money.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Soon Perry will be signed for a like amount of money.....

Think the Ducks sighn him 16 million for 2 players

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

Think the Ducks sighn him 16 million for 2 players

Yes, I do.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

If your perry would you take a dollar less than what they just paid getzlaf? Here is when the cap starts to hamstring teams that are not attractive destinations for hockey players. Not saying cali isn't awesome but it isn't a top hockey market. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

but please don't tell me this guy is worth as much as Crosby...

Right now 29 GM's just wet their pants, and this has driven up salaries due to this signing, which means none of these boneheads learned a thing during the lock out... good luck next year when the cap goes to $64 Mill next year.. They will not have $20M to spend ...right now it looks to be $14M left to sign 8 more players to fill a roster... meaning a $6M player has to go...

Right now Corey Perry is smiling because his value just went up a whole lot.. He just became an $8M player...

Max I saw Getzlaf at $6.5M -$7M which is probably the right number.

Getzlaf means as much to Orange County as Crosby does to the Pittsburgh community. So I don't look at the signing as "Ryan is better than Crosby", it's economical for the owner of Anaheim to keep Getzlaf. Apparel, buttes in the seats etc.

The $20M was taken by me from next year, not this years CapGeek so it is correct as it is calculated already, so the Ducks can afford Perry. Corey probably already was an $8M a year man becuase there are plenty of teams that will be able afford Perry next year cause they need a 50 scorer. Yoou can't drive salaries up becuase of the cap and RFA status.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Wheatskins' comment:

I don't want to doubt you Sandog. But, to give me sense of how good you think he is, rate these four players (in your opinion):

Jonathan Toews

Ryan Getzlaf

Claude Giroux

Patrice Bergeron

PS. I have had the Center Ice hockey package for years now, so yes I watch them all...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

It is a lot of money but Getzlaf has to be on my top5 non-Bruins in this league.  Perry to the Bruins !! LOL... just kidding

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I agree San.  I think Perry comes back as well.  they have the cash and players contracts expiring.  They need to deal a goalie though.  I would love for boston to get perry or i hope he stays where he is at.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Wheatskins' comment:

Jonathan Toews

Ryan Getzlaf

Claude Giroux

Patrice Bergeron

PS. I have had the Center Ice hockey package for years now, so yes I watch them all...

I agree with this as well.  Same order for me.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"One down, one to go for Anaheim Ducks general manager Bob Murray.

Looking relieved after getting captain Ryan Getzlaf under wraps through the 2020-21 season, Murray now turns to fellow franchise cornerstone Corey Perry. He was characteristically tight-lipped about negotiations to extend the pending free agent when he spoke with reporters at the first intermission Friday night at Honda Center.

"We're going to attempt to sign him," Murray said.

"I've never commented on negotiations. I never will. Corey's group, Getzy's group -- none of us want to comment and we have been talking and there is nothing [to say]. I have no update for you."

I give it about 3 weeks until Perry is signed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Worth noting that the cap will go down another 8.5%, so that $1M can make a difference to the right team.  $8.25M seems a little pricey to me, but to your point, if he's your guy you have to give to get.

The cap will go down, but then it will go back up.  It's not going to continue on a downslide.  Each time it rises, the deal gets a little better.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

I agree San.  I think Perry comes back as well.  they have the cash and players contracts expiring.  They need to deal a goalie though.  I would love for boston to get perry or i hope he stays where he is at.  

Yeah would like to see him in Boston too but it would cost to much to get him,draft picks and prospects aren't going to be enough,hope he doesn't go to Leafs.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

The cap will go down, but then it will go back up.  It's not going to continue on a downslide.  Each time it rises, the deal gets a little better.

I was thinking about this and the timing of Getzlaf's deal, and frankly I think it's a sign that the NHL just released first Q numbers on revenue projections to the teams.  And it looks like they'll be back climbing at the same rate they were the last five years, which means 50% of the pie will still be more than 57% was last year by the time year two of that deal kicks in.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Why is anyone getting upset aboot this? He gets what he gets, no more no less. If the Ducks don't give it to him, then someone else will. That is the American way. That is Capitalism. That is what we all would want if we were in the same position. If Perry wants to take less to stay there then that is his choice. If he wants to go sign in Buffalo, for whatever reason, that is his choice. Don't we all wish just once in our life we had this type of decision to make. 

Unless they create a pay scale based on what the guy has done, and will do in the future, then you go with what the market is willing to pay at the specific time.

Who da f*** cares. It's not your money.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Perry,

Almost every contract is "too much" or "just a bit too high" around here. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to perrysound's comment:

Why is anyone getting upset aboot this? He gets what he gets, no more no less. If the Ducks don't give it to him, then someone else will. That is the American way. That is Capitalism. That is what we all would want if we were in the same position. If Perry wants to take less to stay there then that is his choice. If he wants to go sign in Buffalo, for whatever reason, that is his choice. Don't we all wish just once in our life we had this type of decision to make. 

Unless they create a pay scale based on what the guy has done, and will do in the future, then you go with what the market is willing to pay at the specific time.

Who da f*** cares. It's not your money.  

I like that you decided to speak Canadian in this post and I'd like to tackle the question. I think there are a number of posters who are feeling cheated and lied to by ownership during the lockout because here we are only weeks into a barely made up season (that threatened to not happen at all) and it's already business as usual. The fans are the only ones to have missed out on anything as it would seem as if ownership still has plenty of cash to offer the players for their services. I'm confident that before long, we'll be hearing again about how the owners aren't able to scrape by because the players are eating too much of thr pie.