$7,000,000 scoring touch

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

$7,000,000 scoring touch

The Bruins don't have anyone that can snipe like Rick Nash.

This is the kind of skill and touch that wins playoff games.

Exhibit A - Top of the circle
    Exhibit B - Off the rush

You trade for players like this when they become available.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: $7,000,000 scoring touch

In Response to $7,000,000 scoring touch:
    The Bruins don't have anyone that can snipe like Rick Nash. This is the kind of skill and touch that wins playoff games. Exhibit A - Top of the circle Exhibit B - Off the rush You trade for players like this when they become available.
    Posted by bim09

How many playoff game winning goals has he scored in his career?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

He has what...22 goals this year?  If it were Stamkos, I would agree with you 100%.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

Personally, I'd rather go after Parise in the offseason

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to $7,000,000 scoring touch:
    The Bruins don't have anyone that can snipe like Rick Nash. This is the kind of skill and touch that wins playoff games. Exhibit A - Top of the circle Exhibit B - Off the rush You trade for players like this when they become available.
    Posted by bim09

Amen, I say bring him in. Sniper don't grow on trees, they score from them.

He comes here, he'll score at a pace we havent seen here since the days of Neely. Don't click on his stats and make your judgement there, watch him play and you'll see what your getting. I said he's a top 5 talent and I stand by that, once he goes to a better situation I'll be proven correct.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

Not when you have to give up roster players, draft picks, and prospects now on the way to the playoffs. Best player on a bad team just ain't worth it.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'm confident once people see him with their black n gold glasses on they'll come over to my side.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In Response to Re: $7,000,000 scoring touch:
    In Response to $7,000,000 scoring touch : How many playoff game winning goals has he scored in his career?
    Posted by dezaruchi

So your questioning his talent?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to $7,000,000 scoring touch : How many playoff game winning goals has he scored in his career?
    Posted by dezaruchi

1 less than Stamkos.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In Response to Re: $7,000,000 scoring touch : So your questioning his talent?
    Posted by bim09

It's closer to 8 million, and he scores about as much as Marchand, Seguin, and Lucic will down the road. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

7.8?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

lolol this nash stuff is getting out of hand.

He would look amazing here thats for sure. He'd look even better playing with Krejci but you'd have to trade Krejci to acquire him (DOH!)...

Krejci+Rask+Spooner = Nash

Is it worth it?

I also just heard someone on the radio say that the B's should acquire Carter. When DA asked what it would take he said "IDK Zach Hamill??" I literally could not stop laughing and figured that, that caller definitely posts on this site.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

lolol this nash stuff is getting out of hand. He would look amazing here thats for sure. He'd look even better playing with Krejci but you'd have to trade Krejci to acquire him (DOH!)... Krejci+Rask+Spooner = Nash Is it worth it? I also just heard someone on the radio say that the B's should acquire Carter. When DA asked what it would take he said "IDK Zach Hamill??" I literally could not stop laughing and figured that, that caller definitely posts on this site.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey

I think the deal could get done with just Rask.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: $7,000,000 scoring touch : I think the deal could get done with just Rask.
    Posted by bim09

Mostly everyone would disagree with that (except for your B's faithfull here). Semi-proven young upcoming goalie for a perennial all star 40+ Goal Scoring power forward?

Although most the league is high on Rask, Nash is on an entirely different level in terms of value IMO.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

In response to "Re: $7,000,000 scoring touch":
    lolol this nash stuff is getting out of hand. He would look amazing here thats for sure. He'd look even better playing with Krejci but you'd have to trade Krejci to acquire him (DOH!)... Krejci+Rask+Spooner = Nash Is it worth it? I also just heard someone on the radio say that the B's should acquire Carter. When DA asked what it would take he said "IDK Zach Hamill??" I literally could not stop laughing and figured that, that caller definitely posts on this site. Posted by I-Like-Hockey
    Wow, what a fool lol! Imo Carter is the worst contract in hockey too for a soft injury prone player

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

the only way PC even takes a sniff at Nash is if the B'S fail to score another goal prior to the deadline....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Personally, I'd rather go after Parise in the offseason
    Posted by lordy4

^This. If Nash's cap-hit was around $6-6.5 Million, I'd love to have him, provided the deal was resonable. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

He would look amazing here thats for sure. He'd look even better playing with Krejci but you'd have to trade Krejci to acquire him (DOH!)... Krejci+Rask+Spooner = Nash Is it worth it?
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey

Nash would look real good centered by Seguin and/or Bergeron plus you still have Peverley or Kelly as your 3rd line centers that is what makes the Nash trade intriguing.

If Howson insists on Rask with Krejci than yes I agree that is outrageous. When offering a NHL Stanley Cup playoff proven commodity and a OHL stud that is quite allot to start the negotiations.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

They are going to use that money in the off season to sign Ryan Suter !

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaso#7. Show Yaso#7's posts

The Boards overreacters are at full force.  Yeah Nash would look good in B's uni but you have to way the pros and cons:

Pros:  Solid All Star player who can bury the puck.

Cons:  7.8 mill cap hit for years to come
             Rask-- (Top notch 24 year old Goalie) + possibly Krejci/ Dougie Hamilton and Top future Draft pick or a similar  package with others to get him.

Cons out weigh the Pros by a big margin.

Try to Selane from the Ducks to fill the scoring & power play shortages and then spend the money on a player like Parise in the off season and you do not have to give up any assets other then the cash to do so.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

while PC figures out how to get the B'S some offense he could help the d by trying to acquire Roman Hamrlik, whom the Caps are trying to move....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: $7,000,000 scoring touch : So your questioning his talent?
    Posted by bim09

No. I am questioning his talent in relation to salary and what player/s would be moved in order to get him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: $7,000,000 scoring touch : 1 less than Stamkos.
    Posted by kelvana33

I'm not sure how that relates to my question but thanks I guess.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

trying to acquire Roman Hamrlik, whom the Caps are trying to move.Posted by days-of-Orr

Just have to be careful of 35+ contracts. He fits the mold Julien knows him (ex-habs) and it would be a depth move with playoff experience.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In Response to Re: $7,000,000 scoring touch : Just have to be careful of 35+ contracts. He fits the mold Julien knows him (ex-habs) and it would be a depth move with playoff experience.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Hamrlik has only one year left at 3.5....

but i have a feeling that PC will go after his chubby Czechmate instead, Jaro Spacek....

Sections
Shortcuts