$7,000,000 scoring touch

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Re: $7,000,000 scoring touch

In Response to Re: $7,000,000 scoring touch:
    The last Bruin to score from this spot was Micheal Ryder. There's no one on the team right now (aside from maybe Horty) with the kind of strength, power and touch it takes to beat an NHL goalie from 45ft.  
    Posted by bim09

So what!

Ninety-five percent of the goals in the NHL are within the area 5 feet of the crease.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

45 foot drifters should never go in, no matter who the shooter. It's called bad goaltending. There's nothing skillful about it.

In Response to Re: $7,000,000 scoring touch : $7,000,000 scoring touch : Actually closer to $8 (7.8) Seguin's one timer was right into the goalie, not skillfully placed in a corner like Nash did and Stamkos does. You really think a snipe from the slot is as good as a 45 ft drifter from just inside the blue line? Are you alright? I'm glad your not scouting for the Bruins - and if you are, God help us all.
    Posted by bim09

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I'm hoping that Toronto pulls off the Nash trade. They'll rape their system yet again, and add another overpaid player with a long contract. It'll be nice to see them miss the playoffs for another ten years in a row.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Seguin's shot has been clocked approaching 100 mph. He has power, touch, and boatloads more overall talent than Rick Nash. Marchand has similar touch. There is lots of talent on the Bruins roster that is similar to what Nash brings, and it's all much, much cheaper and doesn't require a lopsided trade to bring in.

The last Bruin to score from this spot was Micheal Ryder. There's no one on the team right now (aside from maybe Horty) with the kind of strength, power and touch it takes to beat an NHL goalie from 45ft.  
    Posted by bim09

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Here is a interesting stat: Even in junior hockey Rick Nash was a minus player. Look it up! Do you need flashing lights and sirens to warn you of the impending danger of having this guy on your hockey club?
    Posted by Wheatskins

Only 2 players on the '01-'02 team were plus players.  Look it up!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In Response to Re: $7,000,000 scoring touch : Only 2 players on the '01-'02 team were plus players.  Look it up!
    Posted by bim09

Does that mean he has never ever been on a good team? I guess so.

But, he has so much talent. How can that be?

Do you need the fire trucks and ambulances, too. Danger, danger, danger.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Seguin's shot has been clocked approaching 100 mph. He has power, touch, and boatloads more overall talent than Rick Nash. Marchand has similar touch. There is lots of talent on the Bruins roster that is similar to what Nash brings, and it's all much, much cheaper and doesn't require a lopsided trade to bring in. In Response to Re: $7,000,000 scoring touch :
    Posted by OatesCam

Seguin has about as much power as he does grit.

Rask and a 1st is not lopsided for Rick Nash.  Nash plays every night.  What's Rask do most nights? I think the more important question is: why?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Rask and a 1st is not lopsided at all, but I am very doubtful it would get it done. Most people suggest Krejci, which I think is plain foolish. DK is extremely valuable and underrated. Rask and a 1st for Nash is not a bad trade in and of itself. I actually thought it might be a good idea to trade Rask this past off-season.  The problem is I don't think Nash is the Bruins most pressing need.  In the short term they need depth. Their first line is scoring more than a goal a game, while their second is not far behind. That makes their top-6 better than any in the league. Nash might make them a little better, but not much. The players are already really good and play solid all-around games.  They also have good attitudes and good chemistry. There is no way to predict how plopping Nash in there will affect things. There is concern that with one or two injuries, the talent on the third line drops way off.  That should be addressed. Replacing a 30 goal scorer with another 30 goal scorer (that we hope might score 40 or more) is not the most effective way to improve the team.

Seguin has a powerful shot.  It was clocked at 96 mph.  That is not up for debate.

In Response to Re: $7,000,000 scoring touch : Seguin has about as much power as he does grit. Rask and a 1st is not lopsided for Rick Nash.  Nash plays every night.  What's Rask do most nights? I think the more important question is: why?
    Posted by bim09

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: $7,000,000 scoring touch : Ron Francis, Scott Niedermyer, Chris Pronger, Marc Savard? Martin St. Louis, Brett Hall, Adam Oates, Cam Neely, Rick Middleton? Some of them got more ice time, but some of them we're also considered expendable. 
    Posted by nitemare-38

That's quite a list of players. Too bad none of them fit the criteria.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: $7,000,000 scoring touch : That's quite a list of players. Too bad none of them fit the criteria.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Sure they do. Players that were moved to a better team with less ice time. Some got more ice time after the move, but they played better after moving to a better team. No?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: $7,000,000 scoring touch : Sure they do. Players that were moved to a better team with less ice time. Some got more ice time after the move, but they played better after moving to a better team. No?
    Posted by nitemare-38

Not 1 guy was an established star who took is game to another level with his new club.

Sections
Shortcuts