7th Player Award Charity $

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: 7th Player Award Charity $

Let us know when the Bruins lose a first round pick and the coach/GM gets fined a half a million dollars for cheating.

Then we'll discuss this further.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

At least Jacobs has dignity.

THIS GUY DOESN'T.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Let us know when the Bruins lose a first round pick and the coach/GM gets fined a half a million dollars for cheating.

Bettman doesn't run his league like Goodell does, so that makes no sense.   Goodell is a loonybird.

He suspended a coach an entire year for some bounty rumors and allows HGH in the NFL. I am fairly certain Goodell is not a good example to counter with in here. LOL

As for you in love with Jacobs to the point of posting TWICE back to back to deflect from only a $5,000 donation, it tells the board all it needs to know, JAcobs Lover.

i think you misunderstood the meaning of "lol." it means laugh out loud. You're supposed to use it after you say something funny. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Bettman doesn't run his league like Goodell does, so that makes no sense.   Goodell is a loonybird.

He suspended a coach an entire year for some bounty rumors and allows HGH in the NFL. I am fairly certain Goodell is not a good example to counter with in here. LOL

As for you in love with Jacobs to the point of posting TWICE back to back to deflect from only a $5,000 donation, it tells the board all it needs to know, JAcobs Lover.

You responding about the league's commissioner instead of the buffonery the Pats owner tells the board all it needs to know.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

okay, so you're just old and bitter. good for you. they spend to the cap, enjoy hating life. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

You responding about the league's commissioner instead of the buffonery the Pats owner tells the board all it needs to know.

Did you just call the best owner in sports (and it ain't close) a buffoon?  Name another fanchise that was a laughinstock 20 years ago that built a dynasty and is basically in the conf title game or series every year before the season starts.

Ya can't.

What Kraft has done is the model not only for sports owners, but business owners, worldwide.

Jacobs has been a crook for over 40 years. Big difference.

Maybe you should do your homework before you come on here & spout off sounding like a real idiot! 

Jacobs is extensively involved in numerous charitable efforts, most recently donating $1 million to Roswell Park, one of the nation's most respected cancer institutes. He gave a record $10 million to the University of Buffalo to establish the Jacobs Institute to support world-class heart and vascular care, research and teaching. He's also given millions to the Cam Neely Foundation since it started! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

i think you misunderstood the meaning of "lol." it means laugh out loud. You're supposed to use it after you say something funny. 

You don't think a billionaire like Jacobs only donating 5000 is comical? I do. He probably wipes his rectum with toilet paper that costs more than that from his lair in Buffalo.

See, you have to have a sense of humor with Jacobs at this point. He thinks the 2011 Cup wipes away what he really is.

It doesn't for me and thousands of Bs fans, mostly the older ones who remember what he's done here through the years.

Actually, the "older fans" who seemingly can't keep up.

The fans that are still stuck in 1992 and think Anson Carter is coming through that door are the buffoons that dont know the first thing about the game. Disclaimer, I'm probably older than you, and watched Orr from the Garden rafters... but I pay attention to the game rather than get stuck in a 20 year old mindset of delirium that does nothing but prove you haven't followed the Bruins for quite some time.

Idiots that cling to some bizarre hatred of Jacobs are among the most clueless "fans" there are.  The guy spends to the Cap every season.  He allowed PC to double pay Dave Lewis (mistake) and Claude, because Claude was a game-changer.  How did that investment work out?  Oh, and he threw a lot of $ at that tall guy, too.  I hear he's pretty good.

But there's always that dinosaur who's proud that he remembers to hate Jacobs because of stuff from 20 years ago. That sort of lazy make-believe fandom keeps you from, I dunno, watching a game or something?

The owner of a team with the record this team has had, and the stunning cultural organizational turnaround they have had since they dumped Thornton?   Yeah, call me a Jacobs lover.   If you think that's a bad thing, there's nothing about your perspective Im interested in.

By the way, did you hear that Babe Parilli doesn't play for the Pats anymore?  Yeah, probably not.  Carry on.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Something that brings my attention to this post is, where does Jacobs make his millions a year ? Not from the bruins i guarantee you that, however i agree a measly 5000 dollars is more of an insult, I mean seriously, what does that do for any charity. I wish undercover boss would invite him to the show, maybe he will realize how the economy really is over there.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Yeah, let's complain that a guy didn't give enough of his money away. 

You know how much money I gave to charity last year?  No you don't, because it's none of your business.  No man tells another man how to spend or save his money.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

Something that brings my attention to this post is, where does Jacobs make his millions a year ? Not from the bruins i guarantee you that, however i agree a measly 5000 dollars is more of an insult, I mean seriously, what does that do for any charity. I wish undercover boss would invite him to the show, maybe he will realize how the economy really is over there.

It's widely stated that JJ gives plenty to charities. He doesn't need to give anything else to anyone. He's giving $5000 to a charity of the players choice. The player isn't giving anything out of his own pocket. It's given under the players name from Jacob's. Unlike some of us ungrateful fawks in here. I bet a charity is extemely happy with a $5000 donation. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Rusty, everytime you come here you make even more of a fool of yourself. Bounty rumors? No, more like they have it on tape. People don't lose millions of dollars and their right to do their job based on rumors. Did you not read the investigation?

God your dumb. No wonder you've been banned 20 plus times.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Does an owner who borrows from public funds to build an arena is more honorable than one who does not?  JJ built TD Garden with his own money.  To wit:  money is used differently in our society. JJ is what he is, a sucessful businessman.  Who knows what he contributes to charity?  Who knows what intentions people give to charity by others? Yawn.  Look at the whole picture, not just one piece of the jigsaw picture puzzle.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Yeah, let's complain that a guy didn't give enough of his money away. 

You know how much money I gave to charity last year?  No you don't, because it's none of your business.  No man tells another man how to spend or save his money.

Spot on.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Not to beat the same drum here, but $5000 to Jeremy Jacobs is probably about on par with $20 to me.  

I give a bunch of money to a few charities annually that are important to me, and then I give $20 to a whole variety of things from fundraisers to some friend's walk or cause.

If someone I didn't know showed up and told me that one of my $20 donations to some cause was "cheap" because I make X per year, I would promptly tell them to Fawk Off.

The guy is giving $5,000 to charity, under someone else's name.  Without any more knowledge or discussion of his personal finances and other acts of charity, how can anyone possibly say this is a bad thing?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:

Does an owner who borrows from public funds to build an arena is more honorable than one who does not?  JJ built TD Garden with his own money.  To wit:  money is used differently in our society. JJ is what he is, a sucessful businessman.  Who knows what he contributes to charity?  Who knows what intentions people give to charity by others? Yawn.  Look at the whole picture, not just one piece of the jigsaw picture puzzle.  

You want to see greedy?  At least Jacobs hasn't sued a small town over billboards.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Just more of Rusty and his uneducated dribble. Claims people are Jacobs lovers for posting facts when he is the biggest Belichick groupie of them all.

LOL @ a coach being suspended because of rumors. Perfect example of someone not knowing what they are talking about. Not only was there a bounty program, the coach paid the players for causing injuries to other teams players.  This guy is the biggest whack job of them all, can't believe he even dares to come in here after all the times he's been proven wrong.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

On the Pats side, he just informed me that the B's traded for Kevin Stevens, who was "done" and on an expiring contract.

Stevens had 88 points the year before and had 27 points in 27 games when they got him.

And his expiring contract? 

The Bruins got him in August of 1995.

In February of 1994, he signed a six year deal.

Boom.  Yard sale.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Just more of Rusty and his uneducated dribble. Claims people are Jacobs lovers for posting facts when he is the biggest Belichick groupie of them all.

LOL @ a coach being suspended because of rumors. Perfect example of someone not knowing what they are talking about. Not only was there a bounty program, the coach paid the players for causing injuries to other teams players.  This guy is the biggest whack job of them all, can't believe he even dares to come in here after all the times he's been proven wrong.

Tell him to stay on the Pats board.  He's gonna get banned again if he keeps spamming here.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

It's widely stated that JJ gives plenty to charities. He doesn't need to give anything else to anyone. He's giving $5000 to a charity of the players choice. The player isn't giving anything out of his own pocket. It's given under the players name from Jacob's. Unlike some of us ungrateful fawks in here. I bet a charity is extemely happy with a $5000 donation. 

Exactly, nite.  Sure, if you're giving to the American Cancer Society or Mt. Sinai or whatever, $5000 is a small amount of what they need to keep research and care going.  Cancer and childrens' charities are voracious recipients of donations for a lot of reasons.  Jacobs could give his entire fortune to them and it probably wouldn't be enough.

On the other hand, there are a lot of local charities for whom $5000 can be the difference between existing and not, serving 100 people and serving 500 people.  Programs that provide cab service for seniors or meal service for seniors; programs that provide after school activities for kids; organizations that train guide dogs for the blind; animal rescue orgs...all of these services provided by charities could be funded forever by what Jabobs gives to medical research - I mean all of them combined, not individually.  So $5000 to the right charity could make a huge difference.

Personally, I like it when a player takes that $5000 and combines it with his own contribution to something he cares about. 

[sidebar - so this is Rusty's latest moniker?]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Off subject a bit was reading in Buffalo news that Jacobs was interested in purchasing the Bills,is this just old news that I'm just hearing now.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

IMO long term experience with JJ, he should sell the Bs and buy all Buffalo, wing nut!  Read above to understand I am not supporting his ownership only that he is a business man.  I also think public funding of sports teams is dumb. I am sure his charity list is long.  Yet some give to charity for selfish reason not philanthropic reasons.  Who knows what his intentions are at this point of history???? Back to the 7th player award,  IMO opinion only one reward is worth boasting, The Cup.  

Sections
Shortcuts