7th Player Award?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: 7th Player Award?

The midget who can gets my vote...

Locked n loaded...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: 7th Player Award?:
    The midget who can gets my vote... Locked n loaded...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Great shot SanDog.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

Thomas, since  I expected him to be the backup this year, with Marchand close behind.  McQuaid, Campbell, Lucic, Bergeron, and Kampfer I think also deserve recognition.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Now we are on how many games McQuaid dressed for as a 7th Player Award resume?

Come on, guys.  I like McQuaid, but if you are going to hand out that award for games dressed (unexpectedly), every year, the 6th D Man would be a candidate, every year, just based on that alone.

At best Campbell challenges Marchand, but I think considering what Marchand has done as a rookie, he's a full notch up on Campbell.

Campbell has done well for those of us who weren't totally familiar with what he does, but his scrappy style wasn't unexpected either.

Just like Thomas has had the Vezina in his pocket since January, Marchand has had this award in his pocket.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

This is probably one of the easiest years to pick it...Marchand by a landslide

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Thomas, since  I expected him to be the backup this year, with Marchand close behind.  McQuaid, Campbell, Lucic, Bergeron, and Kampfer I think also deserve recognition.
    Posted by Eric66

Are you aware what the award means?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

BBR, we all do dummy, thomas was EXPECTED to be the back up, he will now win the vezina

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Thomas was going to be a "back up" after an offseason contract like that and a Vezina winner?

The only reason Thomas wasn't a Vezina candidate last year was due to that hip issue and inevitable surgery. Now he's a 7th Player Award candidate?

Do you take dummy pills just in the morning or at night, too?

What on earth?  Bruins fans are passionate and loyal, but please take the blinders off.

Thomas is an ALL Star, top flight goalie.  What's next, Chara is a candidate because he knocked out Pacioretty and that was unexpected?

As for the other names like Bergeron, Lucic or Kampfer, none of those fit the criteria for a 7th Player Award, for various reasons.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

ohhhh okay, i get it, this is the first season you've tuned in. First off he didn't sign this contract last off-season. This was actually the second year of his contract. Secondly, Tuukka Rask lead the NHL in goals againt average and save percentage last season, and was the starting goaltender down the stretch, and in the playoffs. Tuukka Rask was the starter in everyones eyes (except yours apparently) and got the nod on opening night. So yes, a goalie who was expected to start 30 games and be the back up being the leading candidate for the vezina trophy is exceeding expectations. next

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I will ask this question again:

Is it fair for a rookie, who has no previous body of work for which to compare, to be considered for this award?

I would really like to hear what you all have to say....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

ohhhh okay, i get it, this is the first season you've tuned in. First off he didn't sign this contract last off-season. This was actually the second year of his contract. Secondly, Tuukka Rask lead the NHL in goals againt average and save percentage last season, and was the starting goaltender down the stretch, and in the playoffs. Tuukka Rask was the starter in everyones eyes (except yours apparently) and got the nod on opening night. So yes, a goalie who was expected to start 30 games and be the back up being the leading candidate for the vezina trophy is exceeding expectations. next
    Posted by thedauber1

Then why is Thomas the #1 goalie again?  Great for Rask in 2009/2010, but this is 2010/2011 with Thomas meeting expectations with his last healthy season.

How is this so hard?

Rask is the goalie of the future, but I don't see Thomas blowing that lead in that series last year to Philly.  Rask was inexperienced.

Thomas gets better with age and the team actually plays better with him in net.

Multi-appearing All Stars do not get 7th Player awards nor are they tied to the understanding the they could be based off a previoius year's injury anyway.

You're DELUDED beyond all belief if you think an injury was going to put Thomas into back up mode at this point of his career at 6 million per.

This is a cap league.  No way they were looking to see Thomas ride the bench a la Manny Fernandez.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

In Response to Re: 7th Player Award? : Then why is Thomas the #1 goalie again?  Great for Rask in 2009/2010, but this is 2010/2011 with Thomas meeting expectations with his last healthy season. How is this so hard? Rask is the goalie of the future, but I don't see Thomas blowing that lead in that series last year to Philly.  Rask was inexperienced. Thomas gets better with age and the team actually plays better with him in net. Multi-appearing All Stars do not get 7th Player awards nor are they tied to the understanding the they could be based off a previoius year's injury anyway.
    Posted by BBReigns

how is this so hard for you? idk maybe because the first bruins game you watched was a month ago, but Thomas entered the season as the back up. the expectations were for him to either be traded (PC gave Timmy's agent permission to discuss trades with teams) or to be the back up. the 7th player award isn't just for rookies

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Laughable.  If they could have gotten a good deal, sure, they would have dealt him to clear his salary and hand the reins to Rask, but apparently there wasn't a team willing to give good enough to return to make that move.

That has no bearing on his position on the team, though.

This is still an inevitable reality at some point in the next 2 years.

But, to think a Vezina winning All Star is somehow just going to conceder his spot because he had offseason surgery is ludicrous logic.

You go into camp, have the competition and may the best man win.

Thomas came out and immediately picked up from his Vezina 2008/2009 season.

My first Bruins game was during the 1982/1983 season, by the way. March, 1983. Calgary Flames.  Had those crappy luxury box seats with the bad brown vinyl chairs. It ended in a  tie, 2-2, if memory serves.

I have seen many historical games, like Neely's 50 goals in 1993/1994 or Bourque's career 1000 point game in the '91/'92 season.

I could go on and on.  I was at the last game at the Garden before they put up the visitor's locker room entrance awning.  Yup.  2nd row seats that game.

Saw the guy ready to throw that punch at Steve Yzerman.

Remember the drunk guy on the ice who got drilled by the linesman? Yup. Was at that one, too.

What about the bench clear in 1988 against the North Stars? Yup.

What about Neely's sick spinorama in the Fall of 1992 against the Senators and a confused Darren Madeley in net?  Yup.

What about his ridiculous series of moves agains the Nordiques in the 93/'94 season when he flummozed Stephane Fiset? Yup. Another classic.

I once got Janet Jones's photo at a concession stand in 1993.  Yup.

These are just the ones off the top of my head. I also played hockey growing up and know a lot about it.

So, you desperatley trying to talk down to me, probably won't work, little guy.

You're one of these little teenie bopper homers that thinks everything is perfect in Bruins land.  Good luck with that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

gotcha. okay, i get most of it now. Your a guy that doesn't understand that this is the post lock-out era, and that there is indeed a salary cap, sorry old man, things have changed. the one thing i don't get is did you watch what happened last season with the goaltending?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

1. I am not that old. Certainly not old enough to be called "old man".

2. Yes, I watched a goalie log veteran minutes for the first time in his career and he blew a 3-0 series lead in Round 2.

I don't get this is a cap era?   BAwahahhahahah!

Have a clue much?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Your Seventh Player Award Nominee just threw it out front of the net...to a Flyer...for a goal.  I know a lot of people love McQuaid, but honestly, if you watch the games, you'll see how many of his passes end up on the opposition's stick.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

And Chara made the exact same pass ( soft backhanded pass up the middle to a Flyer defenceman ) 3:00 into the 3rd. Then seconds later gave it away again.

Try watching other 3rd pairing defenceman throughout the NHL similar to having McQuaids limited skills and you'll see the same thing. He is no different then some of the lowerechelon defenceman throughout the league.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: 7th Player Award? : Instead of wasting time here, and dedicating another sig line to me, why not address the important topic.  You know, the attack threads that you started?   Yeah, they're waiting for you. http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a0d190bb9-6882-4397-9ce1-e66db723d396Discussion%3ab95ec70d-a8fb-47e2-833b-7bf6b7a35997&plckCurrentPage=4
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Speaking of wasting time ^^^^^^^^^^^^^.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

simple question: what did you expect from Thomas this season? (at the START of the season)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wil39. Show wil39's posts

#18 Brent Hughes
    Posted by lereve77

LOL

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wil39. Show wil39's posts

Thomas, Lucic, Marchand, Campbell, Thornton - couldn't go wrong with any of them. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: 7th Player Award? : And Chara made the exact same pass ( soft backhanded pass up the middle to a Flyer defenceman ) 3:00 into the 3rd. Then seconds later gave it away again. Try watching other 3rd pairing defenceman throughout the NHL similar to having McQuaids limited skills and you'll see the same thing. He is no different then some of the lowerechelon defenceman throughout the league.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Same play by Chara!  What's wrong with these guys? 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Why don't you pay attention and read all of the posts before you start spewing your worthless drivel.  You're such a fraud.

See my sig.

Sections
Shortcuts