7th Player Award?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: 7th Player Award?

The midget who can gets my vote...

Locked n loaded...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: 7th Player Award?:
    The midget who can gets my vote... Locked n loaded...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Great shot SanDog.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

Thomas, since  I expected him to be the backup this year, with Marchand close behind.  McQuaid, Campbell, Lucic, Bergeron, and Kampfer I think also deserve recognition.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

This is probably one of the easiest years to pick it...Marchand by a landslide

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

BBR, we all do dummy, thomas was EXPECTED to be the back up, he will now win the vezina

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

ohhhh okay, i get it, this is the first season you've tuned in. First off he didn't sign this contract last off-season. This was actually the second year of his contract. Secondly, Tuukka Rask lead the NHL in goals againt average and save percentage last season, and was the starting goaltender down the stretch, and in the playoffs. Tuukka Rask was the starter in everyones eyes (except yours apparently) and got the nod on opening night. So yes, a goalie who was expected to start 30 games and be the back up being the leading candidate for the vezina trophy is exceeding expectations. next

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I will ask this question again:

Is it fair for a rookie, who has no previous body of work for which to compare, to be considered for this award?

I would really like to hear what you all have to say....

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

In Response to Re: 7th Player Award? : Then why is Thomas the #1 goalie again?  Great for Rask in 2009/2010, but this is 2010/2011 with Thomas meeting expectations with his last healthy season. How is this so hard? Rask is the goalie of the future, but I don't see Thomas blowing that lead in that series last year to Philly.  Rask was inexperienced. Thomas gets better with age and the team actually plays better with him in net. Multi-appearing All Stars do not get 7th Player awards nor are they tied to the understanding the they could be based off a previoius year's injury anyway.
    Posted by BBReigns

how is this so hard for you? idk maybe because the first bruins game you watched was a month ago, but Thomas entered the season as the back up. the expectations were for him to either be traded (PC gave Timmy's agent permission to discuss trades with teams) or to be the back up. the 7th player award isn't just for rookies

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

gotcha. okay, i get most of it now. Your a guy that doesn't understand that this is the post lock-out era, and that there is indeed a salary cap, sorry old man, things have changed. the one thing i don't get is did you watch what happened last season with the goaltending?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Your Seventh Player Award Nominee just threw it out front of the net...to a Flyer...for a goal.  I know a lot of people love McQuaid, but honestly, if you watch the games, you'll see how many of his passes end up on the opposition's stick.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

And Chara made the exact same pass ( soft backhanded pass up the middle to a Flyer defenceman ) 3:00 into the 3rd. Then seconds later gave it away again.

Try watching other 3rd pairing defenceman throughout the NHL similar to having McQuaids limited skills and you'll see the same thing. He is no different then some of the lowerechelon defenceman throughout the league.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: 7th Player Award? : Instead of wasting time here, and dedicating another sig line to me, why not address the important topic.  You know, the attack threads that you started?   Yeah, they're waiting for you. http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a0d190bb9-6882-4397-9ce1-e66db723d396Discussion%3ab95ec70d-a8fb-47e2-833b-7bf6b7a35997&plckCurrentPage=4
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Speaking of wasting time ^^^^^^^^^^^^^.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

simple question: what did you expect from Thomas this season? (at the START of the season)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wil39. Show wil39's posts

#18 Brent Hughes
    Posted by lereve77

LOL

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wil39. Show wil39's posts

Thomas, Lucic, Marchand, Campbell, Thornton - couldn't go wrong with any of them. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: 7th Player Award? : And Chara made the exact same pass ( soft backhanded pass up the middle to a Flyer defenceman ) 3:00 into the 3rd. Then seconds later gave it away again. Try watching other 3rd pairing defenceman throughout the NHL similar to having McQuaids limited skills and you'll see the same thing. He is no different then some of the lowerechelon defenceman throughout the league.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Same play by Chara!  What's wrong with these guys? 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Why don't you pay attention and read all of the posts before you start spewing your worthless drivel.  You're such a fraud.

See my sig.

Sections
Shortcuts