7th Player Award

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

7th Player Award

How does Daniel Paille not win the 7th Player Award? Hamilton winning it is a joke. Hamilton hasn't surpassed my expectations. He has been exactly what I thought he would be, a rookie who still makes mistakes. Paille has more goals than Lucic. He has more goals than Peverley. He has as many goals as Krejci & Bergeron. He is also one of our top penalty killers. He has 10 goals from the 4th line. That is exceeding expectations. Hamilton wouldn't even be in my top 2 or 3 for this award. I would have had Campbell & Khudobin ahead of him as well. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: 7th Player Award

I voted for Hamilton and now feel shame.  You are right abou Paille and Campbell.

Khudo gave up 2 of the worst goals I've ever seen in the NHL, both when he was simply not alert which for me is unforgiveable as a professional goalie - any league - not just the NHL.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

Not really sure how Hamilton ended up with the award. Thought it was a given that Paille was going to win it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from getoffthephone. Show getoffthephone's posts

In response to lordy4's comment:

How does Daniel Paille not win the 7th Player Award? Hamilton winning it is a joke. Hamilton hasn't surpassed my expectations. He has been exactly what I thought he would be, a rookie who still makes mistakes. Paille has more goals than Lucic. He has more goals than Peverley. He has as many goals as Krejci & Bergeron. He is also one of our top penalty killers. He has 10 goals from the 4th line. That is exceeding expectations. Hamilton wouldn't even be in my top 2 or 3 for this award. I would have had Campbell & Khudobin ahead of him as well. 

For sure he should have won.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

I thought Marchand should of won.  Who would of expected him to lead the team in goals, points, PP goals, & Shorthanded goals?  Paille and Campbell a close 2nd and 3rd.  Hamilton wasn't even a consideration for me.  Hasn't been great in his own end, and offensively dissapeared after the first 6 weeks or so.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

Paille should have won...on the bright side though, great game!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Paille got robbed. Rask was my two and Campbell third.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The rookie defenseman played 17 minutes per game and very, very rarely looked out of place.  There were only a few times when I thought, "What a bonehead!  Oh wait, he's an 18 year old rookie." 

I would have been fine with Paille (10 goals!) or Campbell, but am very comfortable with the selection of Hamilton.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

The rookie defenseman played 17 minutes per game and very, very rarely looked out of place.  There were only a few times when I thought, "What a bonehead!  Oh wait, he's an 18 year old rookie." 

I would have been fine with Paille (10 goals!) or Campbell, but am very comfortable with the selection of Hamilton.

u get one pick fool.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Saying Paille has more goals than Lucic and Peverly as a measuring stick is like saying my grandmother is the most agile lady at the retirement home.

Instead, you have to look at who has had the greatest unexpected impact on the team, and Hamilton, Paille and Campbell all are valid choices. Not based on points, but simply because they influenced more games than one would expect them to. It's not a beauty contest. The kid's done more than you could ever expect a young defenceman to do. No shame in that pick.

Of course, this is coming from a guy who still thinks Rask is playing well above expectations, even though those expectations were already high. But I think I'm the only one. Maybe a simple MVP for him would do.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Agree with this, Hamilton was a fine selection.  Paille would have been fine too.

Was strange to see that Hamilton was a healthy scratch on the night he wins the award, though.  He came out for the photo-op, but couldn't get off the ice fast enough. 

Have to think he is in the press-box for the playoffs.  I think that woud be a mistake, but at least he got a new Kia Sorento.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Have to think he is in the press-box for the playoffs.  I think that woud be a mistake, but at least he got a new Kia Sorento.

Agree. It looks like CJ is going to sit the kid in favor of McQuaid and Redden... I'm not convinced McQuaid has his strength back from surgery yet.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Agree with this, Hamilton was a fine selection.  Paille would have been fine too.

Was strange to see that Hamilton was a healthy scratch on the night he wins the award, though.  He came out for the photo-op, but couldn't get off the ice fast enough. 

I agree that it would be a mistake to not dress him for the playoffs. I do not think he is a defensive liability and he has so much upside to his offensive game that he should absolutly dress.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

How about a '13th Forward Award'? Awarded each year to the Bruins forward who manages to fly under the radar making a great show of effort to very little, or no effect.

This year's winner is.... Rich Peverley!!

Congratulations Rich! What do you win?! You win Claude Julien's undying, unwavering, unquestioning loyalty and support - no matter what!

A little negative, I realize, but *Fluto keeps beating the drum for Soderberg to be the 'odd-man out' when/if Horton returns, come Playoff time. This rankles because, in his short time here, I believe Soderberg shows WAY more, offers way more than Peverley*. (*zero creativity, imagination or finish)

(* the same Fluto beating the drum for Hamilton's demotion, come Playoff time. Can't tell whether Fluto 'feels' or desires these things or is just merely trying to read Julien's mind, his tendencies. Either way, they're both wrong.)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I really think the 7th player award stinks because us canadians dont get a vote and we should, were fans to, i could care less about any draws to be won, i would certainly allow if i ever won anything to be donated to someone in need or charity.

Anyhow I would of chosen Paille because he is just been so valuable to this team and plays his heart out, I actually thought last night, this guy is finally turning into a good player.

As far as Hamilton goes hes not out of place for winning it either, I agree with Nas, dam reliable for a rookie and you gotta remember one thing too, he played junior and then the world championships then on to boston at age 19, thats alot mentally and physically.

Congrats to him and kudos to the rest who deserve it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Wally, I still have a hard time with the fans voting at all.  You may recall, it used to be the selection of a mythical group of balcony season ticket holders called the Gallery Gods.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Campbell's short stint fill-in scoring exploits were interesting enough, but Paille made the most sense to me.  Khudobin was expected to be a capable backup, and that's what he's been.  Marchand scoring at slightly better than a 30 goal pace for an 82 game season isn't that surprising given last year's totals and where he's at in his career - leading the team is a function of others not playing up to par (partially).  So yeah, Paille.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krispy73. Show Krispy73's posts

Funny that Dougie wins the award and was scratched again last night. It should have been Paille. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Bingo.....

19 year old D man, 17 minutes a game and second leading scoring D man on a team in need of some offensive skill on the back end. He was worthy.

That said, I think CJ may start Redden instead of Doughie when the playoffs start. Veteran with playoff experience trumps rookie.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

Wally, I still have a hard time with the fans voting at all.  You may recall, it used to be the selection of a mythical group of balcony season ticket holders called the Gallery Gods.

Don't like the fans voting.  I am surprised that they went with Hamilton non he less...

Sections
Shortcuts