7th Player winner no brainer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

7th Player winner no brainer

Can't say enough good things about this guy. I get more impressed every time I see him play. He's got a lot of strengths, poise might be his greatest. Chia gets high grades for this one.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Re: 7th Player winner no brainer

Kelly would be a good choice.
    But where there is voting, who knows. Could be Seguin.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Before I opened it, I thought of Kelly also.

Goals, defense, fights.

Good Bruin.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

Same as NAS I was thinking Kelly befroe I opened the thread.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Okay, for clarification, who are considered the 1st through 6th players?  Or is this not a literal award?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Boychuk

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Bergy

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

In Response to Re: 7th Player winner no brainer:
    Okay, for clarification, who are considered the 1st through 6th players?  Or is this not a literal award?
    Posted by DrCC

tell me this is open to a broad interpretation... the bruins 7th player award goes to the player "that performs above and beyond expectations". may as well call the award "the 2012 fan favorite". this is voted on by the fans(us) right?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I'll go w/ Bergy. Most consistent player night in and night out. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: 7th Player winner no brainer : tell me this is open to a broad interpretation... the bruins 7th player award goes to the player "that performs above and beyond expectations". may as well call the award "the 2012 fan favorite". this is voted on by the fans(us) right?
    Posted by adkbeesfan

Yes, a broad interpretation.  

I don't think it's that clear this year.

Certainly not as clear as Marchand last season or Lucic in 2008.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

co-mvp's are chara and bergy. for a literal "above and beyond", i'd go with campbell or kelly.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In Response to Re: 7th Player winner no brainer : tell me this is open to a broad interpretation... the bruins 7th player award goes to the player "that performs above and beyond expectations". may as well call the award "the 2012 fan favorite". this is voted on by the fans(us) right?
    Posted by adkbeesfan

Thanks.  So maybe more precisely, "fan favorite that isn't expected to star."  I would assume that rules out Bergeron and Seguin.  I'll have to go with JW's choice of Kelly too.  I don't think any of the other forwards have contributed above expectations like he has, and the only defender I would even think of nominating is McQuaid, and that's a stretch.

Given that it is fan-voted though, don't be shocked if Seguin wins.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Kelly hands down. The only 2 other guys I think should be considered are McQuaid & Boychuk.

But yes, Kelly by far.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Could be Seguin legitimately.  As much as I like the kid's game, I didn't expect him to be the team's leading scorer, didn't expect him to be as important to the attack as he's been, and didn't expect him to have outgrown the flinch so quickly.  That's above and beyond.

I expect Bergeron to be exactly what he's been - I even expect his scoring pace to drop in February and March - he's slumped at that time the last three years. 

I expect Kelly to be a strong defensive presence, to play a smart and generally clean game.  I don't expect him to fight...and win fights.  I have little faith that he will produce offensively - he may be the most cringe-inducing player to watch make decisions on a two-on-one.  He always makes the wrong decision when he actually makes a decision.  But at two key points in the season - the high points in a very uneven season - he was an offensive leader, scoring key goals the fall/early winter and then combining with Rolston for the short-lived winning streak that pulled them out of a long slumber.  He's got a career high for goals and is a point away from a career number of points.  All in all, he fits the bill.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

I think it could be Seguin. Did any of us really expect him to be the team's leading scorer ?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

I was thinking about this the other day and thought of Kelly. But i agree with
    BB7 Seguin fits the bill for 7th player. So either one would be a good choice.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Must be Kelly. Noone expected Kelly to score much, and certainly not 19 goals, plus his assists. He has also excelled in the role of 3rd line center. Claude's decision to move him to 1st line was not well thought out. as we all observed, but, Kelly dedicated every effort, above and beyond. That's the essence of the 7th player [gallery god's choice].

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Bergeron...110% 60+ min a game, no matter what the score is, or who the Bs are playing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

Bergeron...110% 60+ min a game, no matter what the score is, or who the Bs are playing.
    Posted by dbg1

Bergeron at 110% for every minute he is on the ice is what everyone has come to expect. Kelly has gone from the outhouse (shortly after his arrival) to the penthouse as a 3rd line center who plays his position well, is a constant defensive asset, and makes the players around him better. Didn't expect that, so Kelly would be my choice too.

Sections
Shortcuts