$8 Million per

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

$8 Million per

for Scott Gomez: 7 goals, -15 rating

In comparison:
    Rookie Tyler Seguin: 11 goals, -4 rating
    Tough Guy Shawn Thornton: 10 goals, +10 rating
    Defenseman Dennis Seidenberg: 7 goals, +3

Boston talk radio would have a field day bashing a highly-compensated "star" for a performance like this one. I wonder how the Montreal fan base is taking it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: $8 Million per

Good point but do not forget Gomez usually picks it up in the playoffs...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

He also has 3 Stanley Cup rings on his resume.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In Response to $8 Million per:
    [QUOTE]for Scott Gomez: 7 goals, -15 rating In comparison: Rookie Tyler Seguin: 11 goals, -4 rating Tough Guy Shawn Thornton: 10 goals, +10 rating Defenseman Dennis Seidenberg: 7 goals, +3 Boston talk radio would have a field day bashing a highly-compensated "star" for a performance like this one. I wonder how the Montreal fan base is taking it.
    Posted by CafardoSaysTradeBrady[/QUOTE]
    i was just reading the story about him in Montreal gazette. the story is written by pat hickey and its "scott gomez cant explain awful season" its crazy how much money this guy gets payed and how little he produces. u think your mad at ryder for not living up to his contract. last 3 years comparison Ryder versus gomez
    micheal ryder-3 years-12 million  scott gomez-3 years-24 million
    235 games                              235 games
    63 goals-64 assists-127 points   25 goals-120 assists-145 points
    think about how much grief bruins fans give ryder for dogging it. then picture gomez here getting double the money for the same output.
    gomez must send glen sather love letters everyday. sather basically gave gomez a lottery ticket. the Montreal guys in forum does gomez receive the fans rath up there? i cant imagine  he doesn't.
    m/sports/Canadiens+Scott+Gomez+explain+awful+season/4604820/story.html

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: $8 Million per:
    [QUOTE]In Response to $8 Million per : i was just reading the story about him in Montreal gazette. the story is written by pat hickey and its "scott gomez cant explain awful season" its crazy how much money this guy gets payed and how little he produces. u think your mad at ryder for not living up to his contract. last 3 years comparison Ryder versus gomez micheal ryder-3 years-12 million  scott gomez-3 years-24 million 235 games                              235 games 63 goals-64 assists-127 points   25 goals-120 assists-145 points think about how much grief bruins fans give ryder for dogging it. then picture gomez here getting double the money for the same output. gomez must send glen sather love letters everyday. sather basically gave gomez a lottery ticket. the Montreal guys in forum does gomez receive the fans rath up there? i cant imagine  he doesn't. m/sports/Canadiens+Scott+Gomez+explain+awful+season/4604820/story.html
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold[/QUOTE]

Yep, you can blame Sather forn that one, plus Drury at 7 mill, plus Reddern at 6.5 mill, and the list goes on...At least Glen has good taste in cigars....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The guy has had a terrible season, but let's not pretend that he's a terrible hockey player.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Gomez isn't producing at all. The thing is, though, he's not floating: by and large he IS working and he hasn't mailed it in (like, say, Kovalev eventually did in 2009). He just isn't able to produce anything offensively.

Frustrating, and he has received some boos,  but he isn't getting the Brisebois treatment because people do at least see effort out of the guy. "Effort" isn't what you pay 8 mil a year for, but people are more willing to cut a bit of slack if they see a player give a d*mn.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

He's just completely snakebitten. I think he works hard like Kennedy said, but the guy has been cursed this season. If there was a stat that tracked most goal posts, I think Gomez would have set the record this year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

ill take gomez over thornton any day, but just not for that price tag

Sections
Shortcuts