8 points from 9th.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

8 points from 9th.

With no reason to believe the B's are going to or can get better, what are the chances of holding off the epic collapse? CJ says the team is fatigue ( I say lazy) and with a lot of games coming up this won't change. I hope we don't see another big Boston lead!

You can sure see the lack of leadership now!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

Re: 8 points from 9th.

Buffalo is in 9th.  And they have been playing well.

We have one game in hand. 

Buffalo plays the Canadiens tomorrow night.

Tyler Myers still suspended.

Boston's next game is Sat vs Philly at home, and then vs Toronto at home. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

After what I saw tonight there are no easy points for this team...I am really worried.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

How sad is it that we have to hope Montreal beats Buffalo to ensure they don't catch us.... Maybe this is a strategy for rhe B's to conserve ebergy for the play offs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I just figured out what's wrong with all of you naysayers... You're Red Sox fans!

The Bruins are not the Sox. This ain't baseball, 8 points is not easy (or usually even possible) to make up in the three point era.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: 8 points from 9th.:
    I'm not worried.  I don't care.   I've watched awful hockey for 2.5 months from this team.  No excuse for this. None.  Tonight was their statement - they're happy to ride off with their millions and their 2011 rings.  WE are the suckers for "apologizing" for them. Red, 8 points IS easy to make up when the team ahead of you is earning ZERO points.  Make sense?  0 points in 4 games.  It's not about Buffalo catching the Bs; it's as simple as the Bs finishing 1 point less than the Capitals = 6 points .   
    Posted by ipot

How does finishing one point less than the Caps but still having more points than the Sabres or Jets put them out of the playoffs. It doesn't. Also, they're not 8 points from 9th, they're 9 points. You ever watch hockey?

Damn paranoid Sox fans.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Those last 4 games on the schedule look pretty darn important now.  First the Rangers, then the Pens (two teams likely battling it out for the #1 seed), then Sens and closing out with the Sabres, two teams chasing the B's for the Division lead or that #7 or #8 slot, depending on what happens in the last 2 weeks of March.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I say they reel off 6 in a row or 7 out of 8 going into the playoffs.

They're terrible right now but I haven't lost hope and refuse to jump ship.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Heck, I'd be happy with a close loss.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

It's interesting that people think because a team is losing that they will continue to lose despite winning more often than losing overall.  Last year Guy Boucher stated he was happy his team was losing in March so they could get the funk out of their system before playoffs.  Here's a story about the Lighting (who ended up, as you know, battling the Bruins in game 7 of the conference final) who were playing bad hockey in March last year. They were 9 points up on 9th place but unable to move up. As Boucher said, the team had been treading water for some time, not playing for anything. They righted the ship heading into the playoffs and did just fine.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/lightning/content/tampa-bay-lightning-coach-guy-boucher-who-says-he-never-looks-standings-does-just

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

In Response to 8 points from 9th.:
    With no reason to believe the B's are going to or can get better, what are the chances of holding off the epic collapse? CJ says the team is fatigue ( I say lazy) and with a lot of games coming up this won't change. I hope we don't see another big Boston lead! You can sure see the lack of leadership now!
    Posted by thefly8

Would such a collapse even eclipse the Red Sox debacle last year?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

To read some of the posts the Bs cannot win any more games this year.  OMG we are not speaking of the Islanders here!  If the Bs can muster a .500 record in the next couple weeks then the playoffs begin.  Chicago looked horrible going into the playoffs last year, and came back to almost eliminate Vancouver.  I rather go with positives than to take anti depressants!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In Response to 8 points from 9th. : Would such a collapse even eclipse the Red Sox debacle last year?
    Posted by pschuller

Hard to say which one would be worse. I never thought I would see another  collapse similiar to that of the 2011 Red Sox had so soon. I honestly don't know which one would be worse- The Red Sox blowing a 9 game lead in September & not making the playoffs or the defending Stanley Cup champs doing the unthinkable & not make the playoffs after sitting comfortably in 2nd place in the Eastern Conference for most of the season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: 8 points from 9th. : Yes it does, red.  Are we looking at the same standings?   Bs are 8 points ahead of the 9th place Sabres. As of right now: Bruins - 83 points (2nd place) Capitals - 78 points (8th place) Sabres - 75 points (9th place) Deduct 6 (-6) from the Bs = 76 points.   = the Bruins would be in the 9th place with 76 points; the Sabres drop to 10th; and the Jets drop to 11th.  (based on the assumption the Sens would then take #2) See? But, this isn't about math.  We should NOT be thinking about playoffs.   We should be thinking about getting a win. the Bruins need to worry about getting a W first.  The playoffs are irrelevant if they don't get a W. And another.  And another.  I hope kelvana is right about them running 6 of 7, but they have a a West Coast trip coming up.  The Kings and the Sharks are fighting for spots themselves. I'm not thinking playoffs right now.  I'm thinking: just win 1 flippin game.  And I'll see where they're at on Game 82.  And I really hope it's not 8th. No 8th seed has won a Cup.
    Posted by ipot

Wow, you're still wrong. Deduct 6, and the Bruins are behind the Caps in point - The Sens move to 2nd, the Caps move to 7th and the Bruins sit in 8th, the Sabres stay in 9th and the Jets stay in 10th.

As I said, a bunch of paranoid Sox fans.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

One game at a time. 2 points for every win. There are strong players on this team, and the key is leadership. Claude has the ball or puck, and needs to show them the goal

Sections
Shortcuts