8 years 76 mil for Gino...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernB. Show NorthernB's posts

8 years 76 mil for Gino...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=425359

He will be making more than Crosby...WTF?? How does the Shero let that happen...

BBB

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Re: 8 years 76 mil for Gino...

Over the course of that contract, Crosby will make more money (by about $7M).  The difference is now they can't easily tack on low value years to the end of contracts to lower the cap hit.

I'm actually surprised by this.  I really thought Pittsburgh would go in a new direction, and Malkin would be gone.  I guess it could still happen.

-- Proud user of Chambraigne; Now with Wiener Scent! --

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Yikes Pitt just sacrificed their future with this contract. They now will pay two forwards what the bruins pay almost their entire defense. Pitt is up against the cap next season and now for the near future with this contract. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

what are repurcussions for Letang? He's up after next season and losing a skilled D like him on a team that already lacks skilled D would cripple them. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Nice reward for a pitiful performance in ecf. Shero going with the " defense last" approach I suppose. Shoulda lost to islanders.

ending threads since '07

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to heyoo's comment:

Yikes Pitt just sacrificed their future with this contract. They now will pay two forwards what the bruins pay almost their entire defense. Pitt is up against the cap next season and now for the near future with this contract. 

When you have two forwards of that skill level you have to pay them. He's one of the best.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to 86redsox's comment:

Nice reward for a pitiful performance in ecf. Shero going with the " defense last" approach I suppose. Shoulda lost to islanders.

Ding!

Sections
Shortcuts