82 Games?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gaaucoin. Show gaaucoin's posts

82 Games?

NESN ran a poll..."Is the 82 game regular season too long?"  I don't think so. I like hockey. 82 games gives me more chances to see more games. TV, live, it does not matter to me. Shorten the season, intensity gets ratcheted up a little as the number of games goes down. A shorter season means more rested players during the playoffs. Also, less time to recover if injured. Lots of considerations exist. Anybody care to express their feelings. A guy I work with wants to see 60 games...30 home & home series or some such format. Whaddaya think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: 82 Games?

I would not mind  a 75ish game schedule myself. I mean, I really could care less if the B's do not have their annual regular season game against the likes of CBJ or Phoenix. Probably, less chance for injuries too (7 games less). Unfortunately, the owners for the clubs that should not be need original 6 teams to come to help with the gate receipts.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

30 home and home match-ups would be foolish. Playing the Coyotes the same amount of times as divisional team like the Habs doesn't make sense. I like the schedule as it is, with 82 games. I see no reason to change it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

30 home and home match-ups would be foolish. Playing the Coyotes the same amount of times as divisional team like the Habs doesn't make sense. I like the schedule as it is, with 82 games. I see no reason to change it.

[/QUOTE]

I agree the interdivisional games take precedence. There is a reason why the B's-Habs-TO-Buff-and even OTT really seem to hate each other and it is good for the fans. On the other hand, playing the likes of CBJ/Phoenix etc at all makes little to no sense to me.

Sections
Shortcuts