$8,376,191 Under Capo, Shoulda Done a Deal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogwhacker. Show dogwhacker's posts

$8,376,191 Under Capo, Shoulda Done a Deal

Left a fortune on the table-- to sink to Jeremy's Pocket. He's getting REALLY rich.
    Less Payroll spending...40% ticket price INCREASES..$8 10 ounce Beers!

Could have brought in an Elite Forward and Top 4 Defenseman.

You get what you pay for.

Marty Turco. 78year old Brian Rolston. Mottau who looks like he has a dump in his butt skating around.

Junk. Pure Junk.

Results that are appropriate,

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobforte2002. Show bobforte2002's posts

Re: $8,376,191 Under Capo, Shoulda Done a Deal

What elite players got moved at the deadline?  Third line checking centers like Paul Gaustad cost Nashville a first round pick.  Would you have given up a first round pick for Gaustad?  It Doesn't matter if your answer is yes or no because to bring in any elite player (Gaustad is not elite), regardless of salary, you're talking multiple first round picks and some combination of either young prospects (Hamilton, Spooner, Knight, Kokochlev) or some guys on the current roster like Krejci or Lucic.

You're also going into next year with around $8M in cap space ($12M if you count Marc Savard on LTIR).  Yet you still have to sign Rask, Kelly, Campbell, Thorton and Paille (forget about signing the other FAs Rolston, Corvo, Zanon, Turco and Mottau).

Even if you don't sign some of Kelly Campbell, Thorton, Paille you are going to have to sign players from other teams to replace these guys. $12M to sign Rask and the rest of these guys doesn't leave a whole lot of Cap wiggle room.

Now if you have $8M and lets say all you had to do is give $8M to the Devils for Kovalchuk and nothing else (no players, picks or prospects) and there was no salary cap, well sure we should have done that deal.  Sadly the world you're suggesting doesn't exist.

One or even two higher end players alone couldn't bring this team out of it's current funk.  This team is tired and injured and its clear fatigue and burnout from last year has caught up to them.

All you have to do is make the tournament and you got a shot.  It's a given they'll make the playoffs and who knows what happens then. I'm not rooting for it but baring another cup victory, losing early and getting a long off season where everyone comes back healthy and rested next year wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

Sacrificing the future when so many core players are already signed and some good prospects are on the verge to go all in for this year's team, that in all honesty doesn't look at all like it's ready for a long cup run well is just sort sighted.

I'm not happy with the way they are playing and all the injuries but I'd be a whole lot more pissed off if they gave up the likes of Hamilton and other core future assets to try and make a final push in a year that just doesn't look like they are capable of making it to the finals.

There's still a shot they turn it around this year as constituted and that they go deep.  And if not we won last year and are set up for at least the next 3-5 years for long cup runs.  All is not lost.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Forte don't waste your time. The Jacob rants are starting again. 
    Imagine if the Bruins would have given up their 1st round dratf pick to the Oilers for Hemsky and some other dead beat ,  today the Oilers would have both Hall and Seguin.
     or Giving up their 1st round pick (Seguin) and 2-3 other players for Kovalchuk.  Then maybe not getting him signed or signing him at 10m a year with no more cap space . That meant , No Horton, no Kelly, no Peverley, no contracts to Bergeron , no contract to Krejci and NO CUP.
    These are the trades that don't happen and made the Bruins succesful.
    The Bruins would have no cup and these type of posters would still be ranting the same thing. The OP will never understand.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

You do realize that the other team would have to want to give up this elite player, don't you? Maybe you don't understand how trading works....

In Response to $8,376,191 Under Capo, Shoulda Done a Deal:
    Left a fortune on the table-- to sink to Jeremy's Pocket. He's getting REALLY rich. Less Payroll spending...40% ticket price INCREASES..$8 10 ounce Beers! Could have brought in an Elite Forward and Top 4 Defenseman. You get what you pay for. Marty Turco. 78year old Brian Rolston. Mottau who looks like he has a dump in his butt skating around. Junk. Pure Junk. Results that are appropriate,
    Posted by dogwhacker

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Chiarelli shoulda traded Paille Campbell and Thornton for Perry Ryan and Getzlaf!

SMH

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

I agree with all, except the original post. No reason to trade the farm for someone. If this team didnt have injuries we would be fine. Im glad the team will be back next year and that we have money to give everyone new deals. The future looks bright for this team. May not be as bright as we like in the coming months, but next season will start well. Everyone should return from injuries.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

I think he could have done better than Rolston for a forward, especially if he knew that Horton wasn't coming back.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogwhacker. Show dogwhacker's posts

So we're all just super fine with Rolston, Mottau, and Turc?
    Thats creativity? brilliance? Thinking out of the Box?

Couldn't entice some one to trade a Top 6 Forward or a Top 4 D-man?

Can't be done??

Impossible?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: $8,376,191 Under Capo, Shoulda Done a Deal:
    I think he could have done better than Rolston for a forward, especially if he knew that Horton wasn't coming back.
    Posted by KrayzieJoe

I think PC is hoping, as we all are, that Horton will be back.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

So we're all just super fine with Rolston, Mottau, and Turc? Thats creativity? brilliance? Thinking out of the Box? Couldn't entice some one to trade a Top 6 Forward or a Top 4 D-man? Can't be done?? Impossible?
    Posted by dogwhacker

Idon't no if there was much out there at the trade deadline,but i think where Chirelli,failed was in the off season,to busy celebrating cup win,he never replaced Rechhi,or Ryder,he had lots of money to spend and didn't go after any free agents other than Poulin,there had to have been more out there?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

So we're all just super fine with Rolston, Mottau, and Turc? Thats creativity? brilliance? Thinking out of the Box? Couldn't entice some one to trade a Top 6 Forward or a Top 4 D-man? Can't be done?? Impossible?
    Posted by dogwhacker

dogwhacker...I've said the same thing I agree 100% with you ..its a shame that players like Rolston , Turco, Mottau ..3 finished players oldies wear the BRUINS jersey ...Imagine : not good enough for the NYI but getting ice time with the Stanley Cup Champs...thats shows how desperate we are ...sad and painfull to watch

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (2012 ...scrapped)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Posted by dogwhacker

what did he give up for them ? it was only for depth.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

No, it can't. Why would another team want to trade these awesome players? In response to "Re: $8,376,191 Under Capo, Shoulda Done a Deal":
    So we're all just super fine with Rolston, Mottau, and Turc? Thats creativity? brilliance? Thinking out of the Box? Couldn't entice some one to trade a Top 6 Forward or a Top 4 D-man? Can't be done?? Impossible? Posted by dogwhacker

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

He said he is 99% sure Horton will be back for the playoffs. In response to "Re: $8,376,191 Under Capo, Shoulda Done a Deal":
    I think he could have done better than Rolston for a forward, especially if he knew that Horton wasn't coming back. Posted by KrayzieJoe

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Posted by dogwhacker

Without giving up the store? Yes.
    Johnny Oduya was 6th on the depth chart for the Jets, and he netted a 2nd and 3rd rounder. A 6th D for a 2nd and 3rd... and you wanted him to get a top 4 D AND a top 6 forward in that market?

Answer me this... How? How should he have done it? (and if you mention the name Hamill, I'm going to scream)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Saving money now sounds like pure genius. Look at the team. It's young--you got Bergeron just becoming a veteran, you have Marchand, Seguin, McQuaid, Boychuk, Caron to build around. You still have Chara, Seidenberg, Thornton, Ference, Campbell, Paille, Peverly, Horton, Kelly all far from past their primes (maybe all in their primes). Why needlessly spend for what was a short list of available trade guys. Next year, you get a different lot and you have money for different purposes including shoring up possibly a new goalie situation. They didn't really have a chance to acquire a Gonchar/Nilander like they did in 04, which still didn't get them past the Habs that year. Getting Kaberle proved very little in the Cup run. Kelly, Peverly only really came through in the playoffs, not in last year's reg. season. Rolston might be a guy who does better in the playoffs, scores some key goals. Zanon is ok d-man, and gives team a better situation with injuries. They never really replaced Ryder (or Recchi), but Recchi was a big locker-room guy, and that's hard to find--a leader the whole team can rally behind. The team will right the ship soon, and like last year, most of you will pretend you never ripped the Cup champions when you in fact really ripped them good when they were at their lowest points.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: $8,376,191 Under Capo, Shoulda Done a Deal : Without giving up the store? Yes. Johnny Oduya was 6th on the depth chart for the Jets, and he netted a 2nd and 3rd rounder. A 6th D for a 2nd and 3rd... and you wanted him to get a top 4 D AND a top 6 forward in that market? Answer me this... How? How should he have done it? (and if you mention the name Hamill, I'm going to scream)
    Posted by red75

and the Bruins this trade deadline had no 2nd round pick to trade.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from schlich. Show schlich's posts

Kitchner  --  I give you an A for content.  But if you don't improve up your english by the end of the semester I'll have to fail you.

In Response to Re: $8,376,191 Under Capo, Shoulda Done a Deal : Idon't no if there was much out there at the trade deadline,but i think where Chirelli,failed was in the off season,to busy celebrating cup win,he never replaced Rechhi,or Ryder,he had lots of money to spend and didn't go after any free agents other than Poulin,there had to have been more out there?
    Posted by kitchener

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Who got the best deal before the trade deadline?
    Or any deal where you really like the player at the trade deadline.

What would that self same deal have cost the Bruins?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonFan07. Show BostonFan07's posts

I agree with the whole Turco thing, but unless you have a time machine to go back before the deadline and trade for another goalie with the knowledge Rask will get hurt 3 days after the the deadline, you can't make a big deal about that.

Zanon and Mottau will be the 7-8 d-men when everyone is back and healthy.

Rolston, as much as I love him, is only holding a spot in the lineup until Peverley and hopefully Horton come back.

If you're a real fan you'll stop compaining and accept tha the team is in a rough patch. I personally do not think they will be a top seed in the playoffs if they even make it and if they lose out it will be on the last day. If they make it in they wont last more than 6 games unless they have a serious turn-around.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

You can blame Jacobs for the high beer and ticket prices but you really can't blame him for not spending on players.

Since the lockout, he has allowed PC to spend to keep every player that has come through here besides Kessel. PC needs to think about the long term and if you traded for a superstar, you'd have to give up on Seguin, Horton, Lucic, or a Kelly down the line.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

We shoulda traded for NASH!

/Sarcasm.

Although Parise and Suter are an interesting pair that will be UFA's this summer... No sarcasm there.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Chiarelli shoulda traded Paille Campbell and Thornton for Perry Ryan and Getzlaf! SMH
    Posted by lambda13

See now I knew someone else agreed this deal could have gotten done Tongue Out

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

I wasnt looking for the B's to make a Blockbuster trade. Yet. I wasnt thinking they were going to get useless players either. I mean Roslton, Mottau and Zannon?? Could of just kept the players they traded and brought up farm players to play. They couldnt do any worse then the players they traded for are doing. To sit here and say that management is waiting for Horton is crazy. Horton is pretty much a hit away from being done. Dont take much now that he has 2 or 3 concussions. So the B's could have done better. Gaustad would have been better then what they got, just not for a 1st rd pick. 

Sections
Shortcuts