$8,376,191 Under Capo, Shoulda Done a Deal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: $8,376,191 Under Capo, Shoulda Done a Deal

I disagree with Zanon - he's not flashy, but I think he was a solid pick up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: $8,376,191 Under Capo, Shoulda Done a Deal:
    [QUOTE]I wasnt looking for the B's to make a Blockbuster trade. Yet. I wasnt thinking they were going to get useless players either. I mean Roslton, Mottau and Zannon?? Could of just kept the players they traded and brought up farm players to play. They couldnt do any worse then the players they traded for are doing. To sit here and say that management is waiting for Horton is crazy. Horton is pretty much a hit away from being done. Dont take much now that he has 2 or 3 concussions. So the B's could have done better. Gaustad would have been better then what they got, just not for a 1st rd pick. 
    Posted by PAULICAS1975[/QUOTE]
    Gaustad did go for a 1st round pick, so i guess the B's wouldn't have gotten him, right ?Its too late now, better be happy with what they have.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I don't think anyone in their right mind would give up a first for gaustad under normal circumstances. I think zanon is an awesome pick up and exactly what we needed. Rolston could push puliot/caron for the last forward job once he adapts to the system.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

PC did good, acquired 3 NHL players for nothing except Steve Kampfer.

Paul Guastad got a 1st, Oduya a 2nd/3rd.

So lets see the OP was begging for a defenseman. The ony defeneseman in the top30 in the league on a team that might move him is Mark Striet.

Lets say Streit is 2X the player that Gaustad is. That would make his value something like 2 firsts.

Thank god PC didn't do anything I mean we really missed out on Paul freakin Gaustad.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupporter. Show Gardensupporter's posts

The disaster was during the Celebration. We could have re-signed Michael Ryder for average money. Michael Ryder has 30% MORE Goals than ANY Bruin this season. 30%more. Also, Recchi retired and he was never replacee until a desperation 10 cents on the Dollar trade for Rolston to try to replace the obvious missing veteran presence. But the move was feeble and desperate because as posters in this thread point out there was little available at trade deadline time. I don't blame Chia for the terrible activity at the Deadline...there wasn't much to be had. I DO blame him for a HORRIBLE offseason. Unlike the pens, flyers etc this time was not built to deal with injuries.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]I wasnt looking for the B's to make a Blockbuster trade. Yet. I wasnt thinking they were going to get useless players either. I mean Roslton, Mottau and Zannon?? Could of just kept the players they traded and brought up farm players to play. They couldnt do any worse then the players they traded for are doing. To sit here and say that management is waiting for Horton is crazy. Horton is pretty much a hit away from being done. Dont take much now that he has 2 or 3 concussions. So the B's could have done better. Gaustad would have been better then what they got, just not for a 1st rd pick. 
    Posted by PAULICAS1975[/QUOTE]

And the Bruins 1st rounder at the time was even later in the draft . 
    The Bruins didn't have a 2nd rounder this time around so what did you think they would have to give ? 
    1st rounder is really overpaying.
    Besides Gaustad is a center and that's not what the Bruins need.  If there was a void at center maybe that's where Seguin would be.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

In Response to $8,376,191 Under Capo, Shoulda Done a Deal:
    [QUOTE]Left a fortune on the table-- to sink to Jeremy's Pocket. He's getting REALLY rich. Less Payroll spending...40% ticket price INCREASES..$8 10 ounce Beers! Could have brought in an Elite Forward and Top 4 Defenseman. You get what you pay for. Marty Turco. 78year old Brian Rolston. Mottau who looks like he has a dump in his butt skating around. Junk. Pure Junk. Results that are appropriate,
    Posted by dogwhacker[/QUOTE]

Name notwithstanding ( I quite like dogs ), I agree, a lot of quantity over qualaity there, a lot of Joe Zanussis but no Park or Ratelle ... It seems due to the protracted inactivity, every one got a hard on when Chia finally acted. The fact Zanon can't usurp Corvo is quite telling.... I did endorse Rollie's cannon on the PP, but it seems this was premature too... has he done anything ?? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

[QUOTE]The disaster was during the Celebration. We could have re-signed Michael Ryder for average money. Michael Ryder has 30% MORE Goals than ANY Bruin this season. 30%more. Also, Recchi retired and he was never replacee until a desperation 10 cents on the Dollar trade for Rolston to try to replace the obvious missing veteran presence. But the move was feeble and desperate because as posters in this thread point out there was little available at trade deadline time. I don't blame Chia for the terrible activity at the Deadline...there wasn't much to be had. I DO blame him for a HORRIBLE offseason. Unlike the pens, flyers etc this time was not built to deal with injuries.
    Posted by Gardensupporter[/QUOTe]

Couldn't have put it better myself.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupporter. Show Gardensupporter's posts

Thanks hanra

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Jacobs.  I had no idea they were this far under.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]The disaster was during the Celebration. We could have re-signed Michael Ryder for average money. Michael Ryder has 30% MORE Goals than ANY Bruin this season. 30%more. Also, Recchi retired and he was never replacee until a desperation 10 cents on the Dollar trade for Rolston to try to replace the obvious missing veteran presence. But the move was feeble and desperate because as posters in this thread point out there was little available at trade deadline time. I don't blame Chia for the terrible activity at the Deadline...there wasn't much to be had. I DO blame him for a HORRIBLE offseason. Unlike the pens, flyers etc this time was not built to deal with injuries.
    Posted by Gardensupporter[/QUOTE]

30% sure does look like a lot!

Of course, he has six more goals than Seguin.  Doesn't look like much anymore, right?  Six goals over the course of Ryder's 71 games is about one extra goal every 12 games.  Yeah, that's relevant.

Thomas and Chara are veterans.  Heck, Bergeron is also.  They don't need another.

The team was eating alive by losing it's chemistry by injury and then from not being able to fill holes with Providence players.  (I told you guys at the beginning of the season that the PROB(lem)S were terrible.)

I sure am happy the team didn't trade away any picks or prospects to plug holes for two months in a quicksand team.

Nexy year they'll be healthy and together again and the fun will return.  For now, we enjoy the game of hockey.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: $8,376,191 Under Capo, Shoulda Done a Deal : 30% sure does look like a lot! Of course, he has six more goals than Seguin.  Doesn't look like much anymore, right?  Six goals over the course of Ryder's 71 games is about one extra goal every 12 games.  Yeah, that's relevant. Thomas and Chara are veterans.  Heck, Bergeron is also.  They don't need another. The team was eating alive by losing it's chemistry by injury and then from not being able to fill holes with Providence players.  (I told you guys at the beginning of the season that the PROB(lem)S were terrible.) I sure am happy the team didn't trade away any picks or prospects to plug holes for two months in a quicksand team. Nexy year they'll be healthy and together again and the fun will return.  For now, we enjoy the game of hockey.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Do you think fatigue, be it mental or physical, can be added to the mix as Julien said?  Coincidently the Canucks are 4-4-2 in their last ten games.  It's still a far cry from the Bruins' prolonged dip.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: $8,376,191 Under Capo, Shoulda Done a Deal : Do you think fatigue, be it mental or physical, can be added to the mix as Julien said?  Coincidently the Canucks are 4-4-2 in their last ten games.  It's still a far cry from the Bruins' prolonged dip.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

I am sure they are tired, but I don't think they're tired enough to play as poorly as they have been recently.  The lines are a mess and nobody has anyone else's back.  It's not the "team" that played last year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Ryder, year one of contract without the worry of CJ defensive thought, well, hell ya he is a olderkind.  So wait till next year, and the year after when he starts the Hendrix "you got me floating round and round" theme.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: $8,376,191 Under Capo, Shoulda Done a Deal : I am sure they are tired, but I don't think they're tired enough to play as poorly as they have been recently.  The lines are a mess and nobody has anyone else's back.  It's not the "team" that played last year.

Injuries = guys playing out of position, with unfamiliar linemates and d-partners, and also = depth guys playing in positions that they may not be 100% comfortable with, including call-ups.
    Fatigue = missed assignments, poor decision-making (poor pinches), leading to odd-man rushes, uncovered snipers and (often) playing from behind (which becomes even more difficult as fatigue takes its toll in the third period.
    Injuries + Fatigue = losing streak.

Both the Canucks & Bruins have fatigue;  the Bruins, however, also have a raft full of injuries, plus have teams nipping at their heels.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Spot on North, the Canucks revived their current season without major loss of talent.  The Bs are not playing as a team, a system, and their goaltending is not rescuing their deficiencies.  As a general pessimist, not on these boards, I think the Bs have a chance.  Last year many on here would have been please with a second round ECF title.  The Canucks were thinking Cup.  Thus, reality checks are due to all teams.  I have advanced the idea that if the Black Hawks had beat the Canucks in the seventh game last year, well, the Bs may not have one the Cup.  I am an optimistic person in sports, afterall only one team wins in thirty.  Cheers.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shortpops. Show shortpops's posts

The Bruins won the cup last year and then management took a lackadaisical attitude and failed to replace their most valuable retiree,Mark Recchi who with his locker room attitude did much to win the cup last year.  Seemingly noone on the current team has replaced his presence. Experience in the form of a winning personality is a priceless ingredient  at playoff time and the Bruins clearly miss what Mark Recchi brought to the table  Also the top farm team needs to be stocked with good young skilled players who can come up at injury time and play well on a consistant basis.    That description fits only about one or two of the  farm team players who came up this year. In other years there seemed to be a ready stable of quality players down on  the farm but not this year.  Then there is the matter of the coach connecting with the players. After the last 3 games one wonders who is listening to anyone.  Then there is a goalie situation which needs to be addressed by resting an obviously tired Tim Thomas .

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: $8,376,191 Under Capo, Shoulda Done a Deal : I am sure they are tired, but I don't think they're tired enough to play as poorly as they have been recently.  The lines are a mess and nobody has anyone else's back.  It's not the "team" that played last year.

Do you see the Bruins as fractured in this regard?  Playing largely as individuals and without cohesion especially at the back end?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

I think it's difficult to have "cohesion" when you have so many regulars injured, and people playing in unfamiliar positions.  When that's the situation, the importance of playing the system is paramount.  However, fatigue makes that difficult, and couple that with the difficulty of new players learning the system, and you have a recipe for inconsistent play.  I'm sure that the coaches in Providence are attempting to have the players there play the same general system as with the big team, but when you factor in the NHL pace, all of a sudden things don't look like they did back in Providence, and you find yourself chasing.  Once one guy gets out of position, then entire rest of the team has to attempt to compensate.

And although I don't see a lot of Bruins games, the few highlights I see, plus the odd national NBC game, shows me that defensive breakdowns, caused by all the factors above, are killing them right now.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: $8,376,191 Under Capo, Shoulda Done a Deal : Do you see the Bruins as fractured in this regard?  Playing largely as individuals and without cohesion especially at the back end?
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

Remember when (and I don't feel like looking up the exact players) a Bruin got caught with a clean but heavy hit at the blueline and Ference attacked him without thought?

THAT was the team.

Look at the response to the cheapshots now.

Nothing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: $8,376,191 Under Capo, Shoulda Done a Deal :  Both the Canucks & Bruins have fatigue;
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

Nobody here cares a lick about the Canucks, troll.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: $8,376,191 Under Capo, Shoulda Done a Deal : Remember when (and I don't feel like looking up the exact players) a Bruin got caught with a clean but heavy hit at the blueline and Ference attacked him without thought? THAT was the team. Look at the response to the cheapshots now. Nothing.

Absolutely.  One incident I do recall is how Ference went after Pouliot straight away in last year's playoffs.  I think it was Boychuck who was racing back into his end followed by a Hab player who reached the puck at the same time.  Pouliot skated in seconds later and launched himself at Boychuck with a spinning, near-flying elbow-type manouver. 

Ference didn't give him a chance to reach the Boston blue line before taking him on.  I love that.  Presently a former trademark of the Bruins.  Makes Lucic's sly remark about the Bruins being a different kind of team than the Sabres seem so hollow.