9-0 and Campbell goes down to block a shot???? Insanity

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

9-0 and Campbell goes down to block a shot???? Insanity

Imagine that , Campbell dives in front of a slapshot to block a shot in a 9-0 game !!! wow ! That's a team player!
    I might just put his name on my next jersey or Bruin T.

p.s. Hab and Canuck fans can only come up with " He's the son of Collin Campbell, that's why the Bruins are favoured"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: 9-0 and Campbell goes down to block a shot???? Insanity

Insanely beautiful.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to 9-0 and Campbell goes down to block a shot???? Insanity:
    [QUOTE]Imagine that , Campbell dives in front of a slapshot to block a shot in a 9-0 game !!! wow ! That's a team player! I might just put his name on my next jersey or Bruin T. p.s. Hab and Canuck fans can only come up with " He's the son of Collin Campbell, that's why the Bruins are favoured"
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

BsL - Agreed.  Bet that didn't go unnoticed by his teammates.  The Canucks were far too busy reading their own press clippings about how great they were and believing the Bruins didn't belong on the same ice as them (Former Leaf associate GM Bill Watters said that one).  It would appear the Habs are content to allow the Montreal French-speaking media to run the club.  All the while Gregory Campbell still remains the son of Colin Campbell. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

And the D'Men continue to pinch in when the puck is in the offensive zone -- even when ahead by 2 goals -- or 3 or 4 or 5, Etc. Big difference from years ago when they would go ahead by 1 goal and sit back attempting to protect the lead. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: 9-0 and Campbell goes down to block a shot???? Insanity:
    [QUOTE]And the D'Men continue to pinch in when the puck is in the offensive zone -- even when ahead by 2 goals -- or 3 or 4 or 5, Etc. Big difference from years ago when they would go ahead by 1 goal and sit back attempting to protect the lead. 
    Posted by zamboni24[/QUOTE]

zamboni - Good point.  Remember in past years we'd be nervously cringing whenever the Bruins would go up 2 goals in the first period fearing they'd take their feet off the gas and let the opposition back in the game?  So far it doesn't seem like that occurance will happen with the same frequency or result.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

yup....thats what makes this team great....how about chris kelly this year as well.  DK/Bergie/Kelly/Campy.  Find me a team that has 4 all around talented centers....stop looking.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]yup....thats what makes this team great....how about chris kelly this year as well.  DK/Bergie/Kelly/Campy.  Find me a team that has 4 all around talented centers....stop looking.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Bozak, Connelly, Grabovski...um...forget it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]yup....thats what makes this team great....how about chris kelly this year as well.  DK/Bergie/Kelly/Campy.  Find me a team that has 4 all around talented centers....stop looking.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

And this is with Marc Savard -- probably the best of the lot when healthy -- out. It's too bad. I hate it for him because Savard, with Chara, was a major cog in the Bruins getting back on track a couple of years back. He deserves to be part of this great run.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 9-0 and Campbell goes down to block a shot???? Insanity : zamboni - Good point.  Remember in past years we'd be nervously cringing whenever the Bruins would go up 2 goals in the first period fearing they'd take their feet off the gas and let the opposition back in the game?  So far it doesn't seem like that occurance will happen with the same frequency or result.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

I remember the Game 4 loss to Tampa in the Conference Finals last year.  They got a 3 - 0 lead and lost.  Way too similar to the Game 7 loss to Philly the year before.  I think they learned their lesson after that game.  That's why when they went up 1 - 0 in the Game 7 of the Cup Finals (and especially when they got it to 2 - 0) I knew that they were going to win.....they had to prove that they had the "killer instinct".  It was the final test that they needed to pass.  And they relished in the challenge.

This year has proven that they didn't just cram for the exam.  They absorbed the material.....they haven't forgotten it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 9-0 and Campbell goes down to block a shot???? Insanity : I remember the Game 4 loss to Tampa in the Conference Finals last year.  They got a 3 - 0 lead and lost.  Way too similar to the Game 7 loss to Philly the year before.  I think they learned their lesson after that game.  That's why when they went up 1 - 0 in the Game 7 of the Cup Finals (and especially when they got it to 2 - 0) I knew that they were going to win.....they had to prove that they had the "killer instinct".  It was the final test that they needed to pass.  And they relished in the challenge. This year has proven that they didn't just cram for the exam.  They absorbed the material.....they haven't forgotten it.
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]
    jalvis - Well said.  They're sticking the dagger in. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to 9-0 and Campbell goes down to block a shot???? Insanity:
    [QUOTE]Imagine that , Campbell dives in front of a slapshot to block a shot in a 9-0 game !!! wow ! That's a team player! I might just put his name on my next jersey or Bruin T. p.s. Hab and Canuck fans can only come up with " He's the son of Collin Campbell, that's why the Bruins are favoured"
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

When the B's got Campbell with Horton, he seemed like such a "throw-in" to me.  Maybe a spot on the 4th line, maybe a reason Colin would stop screwing the B's.

But he's been a revalation.  Tremendously talented penalty killer, energy guy, smart player. Love him.  Tough too.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Campbell is a tough, dedicated player. He also realizes that he can increase his value and contract with the way he is playing. Plus he is saddled with Thornton, who always gives 100% of his limited skills, but relies on Campbell and Paille to cover up his mistakes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i feel like i'm going to wake up tommorow and this was all just a dream. if this is the case, let me dream a little longer, please. two years ago, this francise "found a way to lose", and broke our hearts. what's happening now is nothing short of complete bliss. this team is for the ages, multiple cup good. let's all be sure to appreciate it while it's happening. they are a singular force, and they seem unstoppable at the moment.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Gotta preserve the shutout for Rask -- I loved it.  These guys really seem to respect eachother.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

[QUOTE]i feel like i'm going to wake up tommorow and this was all just a dream. if this is the case, let me dream a little longer, please. two years ago, this francise "found a way to lose", and broke our hearts. what's happening now is nothing short of complete bliss. this team is for the ages, multiple cup good. let's all be sure to appreciate it while it's happening. they are a singular force, and they seem unstoppable at the moment.  
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

Well said! It reflects exactly what I've been thinking. I keep waiting for a massive injury problem to burst our bubble but I am enjoying the ride. Maybe things are evening out as it seemed we were always the victim of serious injuries to key players starting with Orr and continuing through to Savard. It's our turn now and it is sweet to witness. Keep 'er goin'.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]Gotta preserve the shutout for Rask -- I loved it.  These guys really seem to respect eachother.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought as soon as I saw the block - it wasn't about the home score, it was about the away score and trying to help his buddy keep the goose egg. I;ve heard Messier say that it's not about playing for yourself, or playing for the fans or the logo on the front of your jersey. The truly great teams he played on excelled because they played for each other, and no one wanted to let one of their buddies down. Seems like what we have here right now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoBruins02169. Show GoBruins02169's posts

@adkbeesfan,  well put.  two seasons ago people were trashing TT and now people are singing his praises.  I was wearing his jersey proudly and never stopped believing he was better than that. 

And now Soupy sacrifices body and limb to preserve a shutout when the game's been out of hand since 4 minutes in?  I hope Tuukka brought him the ice pack personally to say thanks.

but this is just the latest example of this TEAM and the way they stand for each other, cover each others' backs and just simply show up to play, win lose, or draw as a team. 

They are fun to watch.  makes up for being there during the Dave Lewis days!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I am really at a loss for words to describe this team right now. The inconcistancies of last season have disapered. Besides the first month of the season this team has been running like a methodical high performance machine. I remember how frustrated I used to get in recent years because it would seem like the bruins would play a good period maybe another half good period get a lead then just sit back. This season the norm has become to play the elusive "full 60". Sure is fun to watch and I am very pleased to say I was wrong I wanted nash for rask and felt this team needed a scoring stud to win again. Well now I regress that feeling and its just amazing how good solid we are on all of our lines. We have team speed but also are the most physicaly tough team in the league. Tuukka and Thomas in the net what a pleasure and joy to watch we are very luck to have them both. Basicly its like right now this team is a swiss army knife with its versitilaty it can slice its opponents in many different ways.

I don't know if we will repeat but you can't flat out convinse me as of right now that there is another team better than the bruins. Also either claude learned some things and improoved or the bruins are just flawlessly executing his system now.  I just never invisioned this happening with claude behind the bench last season. I feel I have finaly now seen the light.

Now after pumping the boys tires I hope they don;t lay an egg saturday. Every team has some clunkers but the bruins since october have had very few total no show games. Can't wait for the nucks game saturday would be fun to beat them but even if we lose the game they can't take the cup away!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

This team gets it. They are mentally tough and have really developed a killer instinct. When they get teams down now they goreally go for the kill. 

Sections
Shortcuts