9/29 preseason v Sens game thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

9/29 preseason v Sens game thread

If some of you don't mind, maybe we can get back to talking about hockey around here.

TT in net.

I believe NAS is at the game, so maybe a little peace around here.

Jack not doing play by play (?).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: 9/29 preseason v Sens game thread

Great start for the B's. They're skating like they're ready for the season to start.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

yah, it is preseason, but outshooting the Sens 13-2 so far and scored on the pp for 1-0 lead.  Not too shabby.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Can the the Bruins PP be that easy ?

I mean I hope...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Dale Arnold is back? 

Anybody know what's up with Jack?

What's up with all this?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Kinda like Corvo's game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Team looks good tonight. Marchand/Peverly are the shifty/speedy compliment to the strength/power of Lucic/Horton. It's great that we have Bergeron and BergeronA (or Krejci and KrejciA) to anchor both sets.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Oh well now back to the drawing board PP 1 fo 6 against the lowly Sens...

BadHab, Jack had a prior family engagement to attend too. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

I don't know about yous guys, but this game has the feel of a scrimmage.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Cup champs dominate most of the game and then lose to a bottom 3 team in the Conference... that would sting a little if it weren't pre-season. Hope Kampfer is okay (but he sure has taken a beating over his short career!)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Geoff Ward should be replaced.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

What happened to Kampfer? I was working.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: 9/29 preseason v Sens game thread:
    [QUOTE]What happened to Kampfer? I was working.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

knee

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I think that's an improvement :)

I wonder if Kampfer hurt the same knee again.  That would blow.

[QUOTE]Oh well now back to the drawing board PP 1 fo 6 against the lowly Sens... BadHab, Jack had a prior family engagement to attend too. 
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: 9/29 preseason v Sens game thread:[QUOTE]I wonder if Kampfer hurt the same knee again.  That would blow. In Response to Re: 9/29 preseason v Sens game thread : Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

from Projo Nov 26, 2010
    "Steve Kampfer won't play tonight against Worcester at The Dunk after injuring his right knee in Bridgeport."

So no not the same knee Oates. Kid does get hurt allot hope he grows out of it...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

He'll have to ask Ference about that one, Dog.

Winced a little bit at Kampfer "taking a beating."

I think Ottawa will have many nights like this over the regular season - 2-1 games where they're horribly outplayed but Anderson keeps them afloat.  Hey, maybe the Bruins should have kept Anderson and traded Tim Thomas?!?

[Digging in the archives for that one.  Wonder how many will jump on it?]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]He'll have to ask Ference about that one, Dog. Winced a little bit at Kampfer "taking a beating." I think Ottawa will have many nights like this over the regular season - 2-1 games where they're horribly outplayed but Anderson keeps them afloat.  Hey, maybe the Bruins should have kept Anderson and traded Tim Thomas?!? [Digging in the archives for that one.  Wonder how many will jump on it?]
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Ask Nitemare or Loyal Black n Gold to find it.  In the season 2009-10 DKrejci46 or PBergeron37 (the same) started a thread about how the Bruins should have kept Anderson over Thomas. 
    This just before he started that discussion on how he got 32mins in penalties or something like that .  Sorry could not resist.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Corvo looked great. Kampfer looked good.  Pouliot is awful.  Just plain awful.

Caron was fantastic.  Paille...oh poor Paille. 

Bartkowski looked better, but not enough to be an NHLer (yet?).

Krejci put on some great moves.  Horton flew around the ice.  Lucic was pretty invisible.

Bergeron, Marchand and Peverley FLY.  Bergeron and Marchand on the PK is a pleasure to watch. 

Kelly didn't do anything.  Campbell didn't either.  Same with McQuaid.

Despite the continued failure on the powerplay and the outcome, it was a fun game to watch.

It's a crime against humanity if Pouliot sticks and Caron goes to Providence.  A crime!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Paille's still a mean penalty killer and as long as he isn't required to hit the net when he shoots, can fire the puck pretty well.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]Kinda like Corvo's game.
    Posted by jwb413[/QUOTE]

I was there sitting upper deck behind Anderson the whole game.  Anderson looked like the best player on the ice last night. Absolute stoned Marchand or Bergeron on a one timer in the third. Game shoulda easily been 3/4-2 Boston.

Corvo aside from one or two boneheaded turnovers looked real solid. Chara of course dominant.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE] It's a crime against humanity if Pouliot sticks and Caron goes to Providence.  A crime!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

100% Agree Pouliot is just plain awful. Even the Balcony bums sitting near me where like ease up on him. Even though I dont think they even know who Pouliot is.

I swear EVERY TIME he touches the puck its a turnover. Caron like you said looked very solid though.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I guess that's (maybe) good news? I like Kampfer's game.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 9/29 preseason v Sens game thread : from Projo Nov 26, 2010 "Steve Kampfer won't play tonight against Worcester at The Dunk after injuring his right knee in Bridgeport." So no not the same knee Oates. Kid does get hurt allot hope he grows out of it...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I had the game on my laptop while I worked at home and the feed (of course) flickered n froze quite a bit. Caron is much better at positioning himself, not getting knocked of the puck and is better in the corner scrums ?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I haven't heard anything good about Pouliot. Caron, Kelly and Seguin could make a nice third line.

[QUOTE]Corvo looked great. Kampfer looked good.  Pouliot is awful.  Just plain awful. Caron was fantastic.  Paille...oh poor Paille.  Bartkowski looked better, but not enough to be an NHLer (yet?). Krejci put on some great moves.  Horton flew around the ice.  Lucic was pretty invisible. Bergeron, Marchand and Peverley FLY.  Bergeron and Marchand on the PK is a pleasure to watch.  Kelly didn't do anything.  Campbell didn't either.  Same with McQuaid. Despite the continued failure on the powerplay and the outcome, it was a fun game to watch. It's a crime against humanity if Pouliot sticks and Caron goes to Providence.  A crime!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]I haven't heard anything good about Pouliot. Caron, Kelly and Seguin could make a nice third line. In Response to Re: 9/29 preseason v Sens game thread :
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

I don't like what I see out of him either, lots of running around, a dumb penalty, more running around.

But at a million, I will still say not a bad signing and was still worth the gamble.  He's not done yet, maybe after Caron plays in front of him for a while he'll get religion.