9 is not where the bruins want to be picking.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

9 is not where the bruins want to be picking.

First off, for those of you who don't want to talk about the draft until the playoffs are over, thats fine, i respect your opinion, just move on from this thread, i don't need to hear about how this topic is stupid to talk about now.

9 scks. The Bruins should either trade up, or trade out of the first round.
    My logic here: the Bruins really don't need any "project picks." They have a lot of guys that could pan out down the road, but are not yet NHL ready, and while its important to keep guys like that flowing through the system, there is no doubt, the window of opportunity is open. Players like Landeskog, RNH, and most importantly Larsson would be too good to pass up, but if you can't get up there, then get some talent we can use now.

Things the bruins could really use going forward...surprise surprise, goal scoring winger, and a big time d man to really change the dynamic of our back end. There isn't much available on the free agent market. In terms of left wingers the only one that seems remotely attractive is simon gagne, and personally i wouldn't offer a long term contract to him. Same thing with the right wingers, only Hejduk even sparks any interest. On the blue line theres nothing really.

That leaves trade, and that pick could be a huge piece of any potential trade.

What do you guys think, if PC decides to try to dangle that pick who should he go for and who might be available? Might Calgary be willing to move on from Iginla and begin rebuilding?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Re: 9 is not where the bruins want to be picking.

One of the western teams is over the cap and has a lot of RFA's...look to make a deal....I only just started to look at the cap numbers. Playoffs for me right now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to 9 is not where the bruins want to be picking.:
    [QUOTE]First off, for those of you who don't want to talk about the draft until the playoffs are over, thats fine, i respect your opinion, just move on from this thread, i don't need to hear about how this topic is stupid to talk about now. 9 scks. The Bruins should either trade up, or trade out of the first round. My logic here: the Bruins really don't need any "project picks." They have a lot of guys that could pan out down the road, but are not yet NHL ready, and while its important to keep guys like that flowing through the system, there is no doubt, the window of opportunity is open. Players like Landeskog, RNH, and most importantly Larsson would be too good to pass up, but if you can't get up there, then get some talent we can use now. Things the bruins could really use going forward...surprise surprise, goal scoring winger, and a big time d man to really change the dynamic of our back end. There isn't much available on the free agent market. In terms of left wingers the only one that seems remotely attractive is simon gagne, and personally i wouldn't offer a long term contract to him. Same thing with the right wingers, only Hejduk even sparks any interest. On the blue line theres nothing really. That leaves trade, and that pick could be a huge piece of any potential trade. What do you guys think, if PC decides to try to dangle that pick who should he go for and who might be available? Might Calgary be willing to move on from Iginla and begin rebuilding?
    Posted by thedauber1[/QUOTE]
    How about Brooks Laich as a free agent? Similar skill set to Ryder but with double the effort. I also think you're not giving enough credit to the depth available in this draft. Most of the top 10 is reasonably interchangeable.You could draw a name(of picks rated 3-10) out of a hat and have a decent chance at a quality player. No one figured Cam Fowler would drop to 12 and go on to play in 76 games. This year's rankings of just the N.A. skaters features quality at 6-10(Coutourier,Baertschi,Strome,Murphy,Siemens).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Even if the B's were in the top-3, what are the chances that player makes an immediate impact- see Tyler Seguin?  Especially if CJ retains his job combined with this club's depth, it is really unlikely that another 18-19 year-old kid is even given the chance to make an immediate splash with the big club.

The NHL draft is not the NFL draft, most of the players picked in 2011 1st round won't see the NHL for 1-3 years, nothing new there.  Nothing wrong with stockpiling your organization with quality prospects (chips).  I also would have no problem using the pick in a trade to help the team in other areas of immediate need.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Love talking about the future of the Bruins (ie the draft). IMO trading up or down makes little sense for the B's in THIS years draft. Getting into the top 3 might be too prohibitive but its the only move I'd make. Trading out of the 1st round, I'd only do it if it got me a later 1st rounder and one in next years draft. Dont see #9 warranting that much. Otherwise, keep filling up Providence with prospects and baby B's. We have a few wingers in Providence that could be pushing for spots AND Seguin as well. Of the current roster, we are only losing Ryder, Kelly, and Recchi. Would I trade that pick for Iginla, absolutely. But it would take MUCH more than that.

Go Bruins!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

complaints about the draft when they're in the playoffs.

unreal.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

hey 86....why don't you read the post, i don't care if you don't want to talk about the draft....DON'T POST

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: 9 is not where the bruins want to be picking.:
    [QUOTE]hey 86....why don't you read the post, i don't care if you don't want to talk about the draft....DON'T POST
    I'm with you Dauber. I love talking prospects.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Ya never a bad time to talk more hockey...

Also, I wouldn't mind trading up but not out...

By all accounts, there seem to be 5-7 solid prospects at the top of the draft.  And after seeing Fowler drop like a diving Canadien last year, I think there is a good chance for one of them to fall to 9...

And if not, draft Oleksiak or McNeill and call it a day...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

9 could be the next Berg or Skinner that surprises delightfuly.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

with a ton of cap room, i think that pick should be dangled

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to 9 is not where the bruins want to be picking.:
    [QUOTE]First off, for those of you who don't want to talk about the draft until the playoffs are over, thats fine, i respect your opinion, just move on from this thread, i don't need to hear about how this topic is stupid to talk about now. 9 scks. The Bruins should either trade up, or trade out of the first round. My logic here: the Bruins really don't need any "project picks." They have a lot of guys that could pan out down the road, but are not yet NHL ready, and while its important to keep guys like that flowing through the system, there is no doubt, the window of opportunity is open. Players like Landeskog, RNH, and most importantly Larsson would be too good to pass up, but if you can't get up there, then get some talent we can use now. Things the bruins could really use going forward...surprise surprise, goal scoring winger, and a big time d man to really change the dynamic of our back end. There isn't much available on the free agent market. In terms of left wingers the only one that seems remotely attractive is simon gagne, and personally i wouldn't offer a long term contract to him. Same thing with the right wingers, only Hejduk even sparks any interest. On the blue line theres nothing really. That leaves trade, and that pick could be a huge piece of any potential trade. What do you guys think, if PC decides to try to dangle that pick who should he go for and who might be available? Might Calgary be willing to move on from Iginla and begin rebuilding?

It's 3-2 Boston leading Montreal.  Right now I couldn't care if the Bruins could draft the ghost of Henri Richard.  It's playoff hockey and that's all that matters.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from geez77. Show geez77's posts

as long as we dont draft another zach hamill. im looking for the bruins to draft a franchise cornerstone defenseman

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

There is no sure thing in this draft.  #9 is just as good as #3 and as good as #33. 

And anyways, even if we want to "trade up", guess who every team will ask Boston for... Tuuka Rask.  So forget it. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

which is why i'm in favor of trading that pick for a roster player

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]which is why i'm in favor of trading that pick for a roster player
    I'm just not sure you can get good enough value in return for #9.I'd rather roll the dice on the pick right now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to 9 is not where the bruins want to be picking. : How about Brooks Laich as a free agent?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Oh here we go!  Dez's version of Raffi Torres!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

NAS,

I mentioned Laich a while back.  But he is gonna command a healthy raise.  I could see the oilers jumping on him. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]NAS, I mentioned Laich a while back.  But he is gonna command a healthy raise.  I could see the oilers jumping on him. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

So what you're telling me is that you and Dez are going to double team me with Laich all summer long?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 9 is not where the bruins want to be picking. : So what you're telling me is that you and Dez are going to double team me with Laich all summer long?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    I'm having trouble imagining why any team wouldn't want Laich on their 3rd line.Solid bet to score 20 and he plays with some jam(but clean with very few pims).What's not to like?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Back to the subject:

9 is an awful place to pick, really a crapshoot.  Last summer people went crazy about the 15, and instead the B's reeled in Double OT Horton and Destroy Tommy Pyatt Campbell.

I'd be fine if they traded the pick for a proven player.  This team is young and powerful, but next year there are going to be some holes to fill. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Back to the subject: 9 is an awful place to pick, really a crapshoot.  Last summer people went crazy about the 15, and instead the B's reeled in Double OT Horton and Destroy Tommy Pyatt Campbell. I'd be fine if they traded the pick for a proven player.  This team is young and powerful, but next year there are going to be some holes to fill. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I think the 9th overall will be a pretty fun pick.

Gamble? - for sure, but they have been getting better at the game.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

heres my question, well questions. 1. is there any chance that Calgary would be willing to trade iginla? sure they could keep him for the duration of his contract, and fight to finish in the 11-7 range, or they could move him and begin the rebuilding process. question 2. what would it take to get him? the 9th overall is a nice start, but surely it won't be enough. I don't think moving out any roster players would improve this team, unless calgary would want kelly, or boychuk. maybe kampfer plus another pick would be enough? The Bs have a lot of cap room with the cap projected to be at 62 mill.

Looch (4) Krejci (3.75) Hort (4)
    Marchand (2.5?) Bergy (5) xxxx
    Peverly (1.325) Kelly (2) Seguin (.9)
    Thornton (.85) Campbell (1.1) Paille (1)

Chara (6.5) Kaberle (4?)
    Seids (3.25) Ference (2.25)
    Boychuk (1.875) McQuaid (.6)

Thomas (5)
    Rask (1.25)

thats 51.15....lots of room (all assuming savard is not on the active roster)

lots of room

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I say it all depends how they finish this playoffs. If Philly gets ousted in the first round or two and Boston does the same, I see a Philly-Boston deal that sends TT to Philly. They have strong forwards but have been searching for a goalie for 2 decades. I think Philly would jump knowing theyre a goalie away.Perhaps send them TT along with the pick for Giroux or Leino etc.. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]I say it all depends how they finish this playoffs. If Philly gets ousted in the first round or two and Boston does the same, I see a Philly-Boston deal that sends TT to Philly. They have strong forwards but have been searching for a goalie for 2 decades. I think Philly would jump knowing theyre a goalie away.Perhaps send them TT along with the pick for Giroux or Leino etc.. 
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

You know Claude Giroux is a total stud, right?  He lead Philly in scoring this season.  He scores, he hits, he plays shorthanded.  They're not letting him go for a 37-year-old with a heavy contract and the #9 pick.  If they want Giroux, they'd have to give up one of the Golden Boys (Lucic, Krejci, Bergeron or Seguin).