A Bright Spot About The Loss

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

A Bright Spot About The Loss

Hopefully that's the end of that stupid chain, and the entire idea is put to rest.  The jacket was quirky, new and fun.

Let it die.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Re: A Bright Spot About The Loss

You think the chain was bad? Did you see the 'Broadway' hat on Kreider, after the Rangers' win?
    All kidding aside, I think the chain was just a carry-over from winning the cup, and athleetes' superstitions about jinxing what worked (and least in their minds).
    With the 1st round loss, I would be surprised to see another prop, next playoff.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to A Bright Spot About The Loss:
    Hopefully that's the end of that stupid chain, and the entire idea is put to rest.  The jacket was quirky, new and fun. Let it die.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

If you had put your hockey documentary bigotry aside for a few hours of your life and watched some of the hbo 24x7 stuff, you would have seen some of the cool ones teams have had.  One team stole a shovel from a construction crew in the building and presented that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Anything that helps bring a team together more I'm all for. Sometimes it's chicken & beer.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: A Bright Spot About The Loss:
    In Response to A Bright Spot About The Loss : If you had put your hockey documentary bigotry aside for a few hours of your life and watched some of the hbo 24x7 stuff, you would have seen some of the cool ones teams have had.  One team stole a shovel from a construction crew in the building and presented that.
    Posted by BadHabitude

A lot of people love that 24x7 show.  I have no interest in it.  It's reality TV, hockey style.  I don't like to get into the lives of the players.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: A Bright Spot About The Loss : A lot of people love that 24x7 show.  I have no interest in it.  It's reality TV, hockey style.  I don't like to get into the lives of the players.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I wonder why ?
    nor do you like nicknames, hockey lingo and hockey trade talk (I'm with you on the last one 70% of the time)
    You are a particular character.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: A Bright Spot About The Loss : A lot of people love that 24x7 show.  I have no interest in it.  It's reality TV, hockey style.  I don't like to get into the lives of the players.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Doesnt really focus on the players lives, more about the locker room, meetings, practices, basically behind the scenes at the rink. pretty cool, you should give it a look.
    I agree with the chain and the whole idea all together, it's time has passed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: A Bright Spot About The Loss : I wonder why ? nor do you like nicknames, hockey lingo and hockey trade talk (I'm with you on the last one 70% of the time) You are a particular character.
    Posted by BsLegion

I'm fine with trade talk, so long as it makes sense.  99% of it doesn't.  See:  Rask for Kane.  Pure stupidity.  Nicknames, lingo ect, is for the players.  We aren't the players.  We are the fans.  I cannot stand when people pretend they are more than what they are.  "Segs" isn't a buddy of mine.  He's a hockey player on the team I watch.  He's "Seguin" or "Tyler Seguin" to me.  I honestly see the use of nicknames for the players, the inserted lingo and the "we/us/our/" stuff as incredibly immature. 

They are players.  We watch the games.  Children have nicknames and use "we/us/our".  Grown men calling another man "Savvy" or "Bergy"?  Pathetic.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: A Bright Spot About The Loss : Doesnt really focus on the players lives, more about the locker room, meetings, practices, basically behind the scenes at the rink. pretty cool, you should give it a look. I agree with the chain and the whole idea all together, it's time has passed.
    Posted by kelvana33

I know a lot of people love that stuff.  I just don't.  I don't care what goes on in the meetings or behind the scenes.  I rarely even care about interviews.  On the ice is the only time any of them matter.  Once in a while I'll read an article and something will stick out, but in general, it's all just rhetoric.

Behind the scenes should stay behind the scenes.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I like writing Ovie because I don't want to make a mistake with his name or look it up to make sure how to spell it.
    What about that Russian kid the Bruins drafted playing the the OHL , K......?  ouch

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yeah, if I ever write "Bergy" or "Koko" it's because I'm being lazy, not overly familiar.  Mostly I'll go with PB or AK if it's clear who I'm talking about.  That part is the same as the players - you find shorthand for people when you're constantly saying (or writing) their names.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: A Bright Spot About The Loss : I'm fine with trade talk, so long as it makes sense.  99% of it doesn't.  See:  Rask for Kane.  Pure stupidity.  Nicknames, lingo ect, is for the players.  We aren't the players.  We are the fans.  I cannot stand when people pretend they are more than what they are.  "Segs" isn't a buddy of mine.  He's a hockey player on the team I watch.  He's "Seguin" or "Tyler Seguin" to me.  I honestly see the use of nicknames for the players, the inserted lingo and the "we/us/our/" stuff as incredibly immature.  They are players.  We watch the games.  Children have nicknames and use "we/us/our".  Grown men calling another man "Savvy" or "Bergy"?  Pathetic.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Darth Quaider, Johnny Rocket etc..I'm with ya on this one, can't stand it when fans refer to the players by their locker room nicknames.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: A Bright Spot About The Loss : Darth Quaider, Johnny Rocket etc..I'm with ya on this one, can't stand it when fans refer to the players by their locker room nicknames.
    Posted by kelvana33

I don't have as much of a problem with fans nicknaming their favourite players as much as I do when on-air personalities adopt the same practice.  To me it reduces their supposed impartiality even further.  I clearly remember Leaf blowhard play-by-play voice Joe Bowen calling Curtis Joseph "Cujo" in an interview years ago. 

I didn't like it then and still am not fond of hearing people such that Penguin announcer, the "beat him like a rented mule" guy refer to Evgeni Malkin as "Geno."  He's not the only one as it seems to be an increasing reality of sports broadcasting.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In Response to Re: A Bright Spot About The Loss : I don't have as much of a problem with fans nicknaming their favourite players as much as I do when on-air personalities adopt the same practice.  To me it reduces their supposed impartiality even further.  I clearly remember Leaf blowhard play-by-play voice Joe Bowen calling Curtis Joseph "Cujo" in an interview years ago.  I didn't like it then and still am not fond of hearing people such that Penguin announcer, the "beat him like a rented mule" guy refer to Evgeni Malkin as "Geno."  He's not the only one as it seems to be an increasing reality of sports broadcasting.
    Posted by RichHillOntario

Like how the leafs announcers call Gustavsson "Monster" on air, even though he's a below average back up on a bad team, not sure how he even got that nickname.

"What a save by the Monster!!!!!!" ... meanwhile the Leafs are losing 5-0 to Montreol.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: A Bright Spot About The Loss : Like how the leafs announcers call Gustavsson "Monster" on air, even though he's a below average back up on a bad team, not sure how he even got that nickname. "What a save by the Monster!!!!!!" ... meanwhile the Leafs are losing 5-0 to Montreol.
    Posted by Bisson1

Exactly, Bisson.  When on-air people call them by nicknames it seems too buddy-buddy for me instead of what it's supposed to be; an accurate, entertaining and hopefully neutral reporting of a sports event.  By the way Gustavsson's nickname was a reference to his 6-3 height.  Think a teammate or coach back in Sweden game it to him. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: A Bright Spot About The Loss : Exactly, Bisson.  When on-air people call them by nicknames it seems too buddy-buddy for me instead of what it's supposed to be; an accurate, entertaining and hopefully neutral reporting of a sports event.  By the way Gustavsson's nickname was a reference to his 6-3 height.  Think a teammate or coach back in Sweden game it to him. 
    Posted by RichHillOntario

It should be in reference to how scared the team that plays in front of him is.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

I suppose "Gronk" is lame, NAS?

The only exception to the "off-the-ice fodder" that you have is anything negative pertaining to Marchand.

I understand I'm not part of the team; when I'm feeling lazy, I'll type "we" instead of "the Bruins". It has nothing to do with me feeling any more involved with the team, it's just lazy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I suppose "Gronk" is lame, NAS? The only exception to the "off-the-ice fodder" that you have is anything negative pertaining to Marchand. I understand I'm not part of the team; when I'm feeling lazy, I'll type "we" instead of "the Bruins". It has nothing to do with me feeling any more involved with the team, it's just lazy.
    Posted by TheGuyWithDaThing

That's my take on it too.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Guilty of posting "Seids" out of pure laziness.

The 24/7 stuff is excellent because it does give a window into what the players are dealing with and helps some of the clowns around here realize that it's a job for the players. It helps explain why Thomas can smile after a Game 7 loss, or why Marchand doesn't care about what some fans think.

I think if more people watched that kind of stuff, there would be less injury from jumping on and off the bandwagon so much, and we wouldn't have to deal with a lot of speculation that takes place. "Is Thomas hated by his teammates because of his political beliefs junk." A peek behind the scenes would put that to rest.

Sections
Shortcuts