A Bruins And Hawks Cup Final - Damien Cox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

A Bruins And Hawks Cup Final - Damien Cox

Cox says it's difficult to not side with Crosby/Malkin and the others in the Pens' offense but among other things sees the key being the Bruins will puncture whomever is in goal for Pittsburgh.  I agree. 

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/2013/05/31/nhl_playoffs_2013_kings_face_tough_test_in_bid_to_repeat_cox.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: A Bruins And Hawks Cup Final - Damien Cox

Best line from the article...

although a stumble in the final week of the regular season cost Boston the No. 2 seed to a Montreal team that clearly didn’t deserve it.

Couldn't agree more!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Best line from the article...

although a stumble in the final week of the regular season cost Boston the No. 2 seed to a Montreal team that clearly didn’t deserve it.

Couldn't agree more!

So true, hang.  That line and this one: Zdeno Chara is still one of the most unique forces of nature in the sport.  Ditto for Milan Lucic when he’s on his game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Should be a fun series RHO.  The B's will need both of them playing at their highest level, along with many others.  I have confidence they can win but it will take a lot of hard work and a few blessings from the Hockey Gods!  Felger and Mazz were comparing this series to the Van series, noting that the big difference is that this Pit team is much more mentally tough and won't let the B's push them around like Vancouver did.  It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Should be a fun series RHO.  The B's will need both of them playing at their highest level, along with many others.  I have confidence they can win but it will take a lot of hard work and a few blessings from the Hockey Gods!  Felger and Mazz were comparing this series to the Van series, noting that the big difference is that this Pit team is much more mentally tough and won't let the B's push them around like Vancouver did.  It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

Funny you should say that.  Until the Cox article the feeling I got from listening to local Toronto sports media outlets was somewhat similar; that the Pens with their offense are too strong for the Bruins to handle.  I see the Bruins' defensive play being tough for the Pens.  The Bruins are going to return to Boston with no worse than a split. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Cox says it's difficult to not side with Crosby/Malkin and the others in the Pens' offense but among other things sees the key being the Bruins will puncture whomever is in goal for Pittsburgh.  I agree. 

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/2013/05/31/nhl_playoffs_2013_kings_face_tough_test_in_bid_to_repeat_cox.html

I like Damien's thinking.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

I've never really looked at Damien Cox as a leading authority on hockey. I don't mind him but favour the TSN panels.   Any way you slice it its time to get this train rolling. I am pumped for tonight!  To quote Mills Lane: "Let's get it on!"