A Call For Unity and Focus

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

A Call For Unity and Focus

Hey all.

I think all Bruins fans are nervous--maybe excited--heading into tonight's do or die Game 6.

I've noticed on the boards since Game 5 what I consider a kind of unsettling lack of focus on what really matters. In other words, there are a lot of threads about  Vancouver's biting, cheap shots, and what we all agree is pretty disgraceful play over the first 5 games, but it's time now to put that behind us. There's no point anymore sniping w/the Canucks fans who have trolled these boards, and equally, the wrangling about what coach Claude has or has not done, etc., is now pretty much moot. Claude will do what he does and if he doesn't realize the urgency of the situation by now he never will.

I would just love to see some unity among the believers now--and especially those who have shown ME the light over the course of what has been--and will continue to be--this amazing Bruins playoff run.

We all have our strong feelings about this team. Some are angry over what they feel has been sub-par coaching or effort by some players; others are deeply supportive of what's brought the team to the near-precipice of the first Cup since 1972. I know it's hard to not let your emotions run away when you read something a fellow fan has written that offends your own sensibilities but I'm asking for some unity as we head into tonight's critical Game 6.

My own view--and I will state it this one more time because this will be my last post until after Game 7--is that should the Bruins indeed win tonight (as I choose to believe they will) Game 7 is a lock for Boston. They WILL win the deciding game if they can just get back to Vancouver...I am so certain of this that it will be the one game of all these playoffs I will watch with calm, almost zen-like appreciation for the manner in which they win; beer in hand, utterly and completely at peace and ready for watching Captain Chara raise hockey's ultimate prize over his head on vancouver ice--even if the game goes into overtime(s).

So I guess what I'm saying is rather than break off into factions of who believes what should be done; who's to blame for being down 3-2; whether the season will be a success or failure based on ultimate outcome...let's get unified with the force and passion we all have as fans of the Boston Bruins...who love the sports of hockey and this team above all others. Positive vibes and shows of strength in numbers.

We can't control the fates.
    We can't control the trolls who will inevitably hijack this thread.

But we can control our own message and collective energy for the Boston Bruins.

I'll be watching with some nervousness tonight, but thanks to many on this board who were kind enough to welcome me back after my own doubts early on had this team dead and gone, I'll be believing that the Bruins will emerge victorious and will head back out west to bring home the Stanley Cup.

All I have left to say is:

Go Bruins!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Re: A Call For Unity and Focus

In Response to Re: A Call For Unity and Focus:
    [QUOTE]I want the team to play with that edge again. I admit, I am pretty annoyed they didn't in Game 5. I don't get it.  I felt they did a nice job avoiding taking penalties and stemming the edge Vancouver had early, but they seemed to lack interest in the 3rd. I didn't expect a win, but to not channel that on the road is concerning. That and the PP issues in Game 5 really made it disappointing. I know your focus is to be positive, so here it is: 1. They were not likely to win 3 or 4 in a row against Vancouver anyway. 2. They seem to play better when they put themselves in tight spots, so the play tonight should be good from the B's. 3. Thomas is clearly the superior goalie over Luongo. 4. Boston will be the underdog in a Game 7, where they thrive. I'll take my chances with Thomas up against the wall and the pressure on Luongo. 5. Tomas Kaberle hasn't been a hero yet. Heh
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

You make many good points, though there is one which I must disagree with.  "They seem to play better when they put themselves in tight spots".  If you mean "backs against the wall", then I would have to agree with you (though, the ultimate test of that is tonight).  But if you're talking about "tight games", then I would have to disagree.  In every game this series where the score was close, the Canucks have prevailed, and have done so late in the game, or in OT.  This suggests that the Canucks have more composure when the pressure is the greatest on both teams.

And while you're certainly correct that Kaberle hasn't been a hero yet, neither have the Sedins or Kesler.  And who would you bet your money on to come through in a big game, them or Kaberle?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

ever heard of last change? when the canucks have it, they are only slightly better than the b's. when the b's have last change they have so far beaten up the canucks. that will have to hold true tonight, obviously, for the b's to stay alive. GO B'S!!!!!!!! one more win!!!!!! 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

I certainly see your point, but in my opinion, "generous bounces" don't acknowledge the fact that the Canucks generated the more dangerous chances on goal in their wins.  I think it was only the stellar play of Thomas that kept Games 1 and 2 close, even though the shots were pretty close in both games.  I think both those games were decided by the Canucks capitalizing on mistakes by the Bruins' D at critical moments.

If you want to talk about "generous bounces", I think the Bruins received 2 of them in Gm 3;  the broken stick on the first goal, and Kesler's own goal on the second, which sent the B's on their way. To their credit, they capitalized on a suddenly discombobulated Canucks team to make it a rout.  Game 4 reinforced my contention that, when the B's lead by 2, then the Canucks play a predictable style, which good teams can exploit. 

In close games, the Canucks seem to have the edge, for whatever reason.  Perhaps Luongo is more focussed when the game is tight. Perhaps the Canucks stick to their defensive gameplan in those situations. 

For the Bruins, the key seems to be the 2nd period.  It's where they have seized control of the game in their 2 wins.  For the Canucks, if the game is tied or if they're within 1 after 2, then they seem to turn it on in the 3rd. 

It would surprise me if Game 6 didn't follow that prescription, but, as they always say: "That's why they play the games".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number4forever. Show Number4forever's posts

In Response to A Call For Unity and Focus:
    [QUOTE]Hey all. I think all Bruins fans are nervous--maybe excited--heading into tonight's do or die Game 6. I've noticed on the boards since Game 5 what I consider a kind of unsettling lack of focus on what really matters. In other words, there are a lot of threads about  Vancouver's biting, cheap shots, and what we all agree is pretty disgraceful play over the first 5 games, but it's time now to put that behind us. There's no point anymore sniping w/the Canucks fans who have trolled these boards, and equally, the wrangling about what coach Claude has or has not done, etc., is now pretty much moot. Claude will do what he does and if he doesn't realize the urgency of the situation by now he never will. I would just love to see some unity among the believers now--and especially those who have shown ME the light over the course of what has been--and will continue to be--this amazing Bruins playoff run. We all have our strong feelings about this team. Some are angry over what they feel has been sub-par coaching or effort by some players; others are deeply supportive of what's brought the team to the near-precipice of the first Cup since 1972. I know it's hard to not let your emotions run away when you read something a fellow fan has written that offends your own sensibilities but I'm asking for some unity as we head into tonight's critical Game 6. My own view--and I will state it this one more time because this will be my last post until after Game 7--is that should the Bruins indeed win tonight (as I choose to believe they will) Game 7 is a lock for Boston. They WILL win the deciding game if they can just get back to Vancouver...I am so certain of this that it will be the one game of all these playoffs I will watch with calm, almost zen-like appreciation for the manner in which they win; beer in hand, utterly and completely at peace and ready for watching Captain Chara raise hockey's ultimate prize over his head on vancouver ice--even if the game goes into overtime(s). So I guess what I'm saying is rather than break off into factions of who believes what should be done; who's to blame for being down 3-2; whether the season will be a success or failure based on ultimate outcome...let's get unified with the force and passion we all have as fans of the Boston Bruins...who love the sports of hockey and this team above all others. Positive vibes and shows of strength in numbers. We can't control the fates. We can't control the trolls who will inevitably hijack this thread. But we can control our own message and collective energy for the Boston Bruins. I'll be watching with some nervousness tonight, but thanks to many on this board who were kind enough to welcome me back after my own doubts early on had this team dead and gone, I'll be believing that the Bruins will emerge victorious and will head back out west to bring home the Stanley Cup. All I have left to say is: Go Bruins!!
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

Well said.....I am totally with you on this one.  By the way, don't know if anyone else has ever brought this up, but none of Vancouver's division rivals made the play-offs this year.  So Vancouver had the convenience of "piling up" points all year within their division.  Just some food for thought.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrr. Show NeelyOrr's posts

Agree tryto bearit. Lets stay positive and forget about the SCABS fans pretending to be Vancouver fans. Bruins WILL WIN TONIGHT AND TAKE THE CUP HOME>>>>>GO BRUINS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

we are with you TTBI, Go Bruins.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bleedinblackandgold. Show Bleedinblackandgold's posts

Agreed totally with the OP.

Have faith. This team has fought back before, and tonight, they will do it again.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Call me sad but I've been thinking about this game all day from driving to work, to meeting deadlines to doing the dishes back home.

Funny thing is I feel pretty calm about tonight because I know the Bs have the focus, unity and fortitude to win tonight and in game 7. Believe it. I do. And so should you.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

TTBI.

Well said, and I concur whole heartedly. There is nothing we can do about the eventual outcome or the trolls. I'm trying to let it go.

Que Sera Sera.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

One heck of game upcoming tonight. Gotta B-Lieve! GO BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUINS!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogojuicer. Show gogojuicer's posts

TTBI,
    Without a doubt one of the best posters on this site. Always enjoy reading your posts.

Thank You also to other great posters: bslegion,Fletch,Dez,Stanley,Nas,wally,nitemare,rwtk,red,dcbruins,drcc,crowls,shupe,dom,kelvana,sandog,kennedy and I'm sorry I can't remember anybody else cause I'm too nervous!
    I don't post much but I'm on this site at least twice a day and you guys really made this year awesome.
    Go Bruins!!!

I Believe!!!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts