A Centreman? A Defenceman? Or both?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Re: A Centreman? A Defenceman? Or both?

Bruins with Dallas permission can talk to Richards before a trade is finalized.  Bruins and Richards workout an agreement to sign after the trade. 

Is resigning Richards a good possibility? probably not. Thats why giving up Rask or Seguin is also very unlikely

Richards is a premier center in the league right now. He has 5 good years left before his play starts declining. Seguin may have a good 15 year nhl career ahead of him. But Richards having a great upcoming 5 years is a surer thing

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: A Centreman? A Defenceman? Or both?:
    [QUOTE]Bruins with Dallas permission can talk to Richards before a trade is finalized.  Bruins and Richards workout an agreement to sign after the trade.  Is resigning Richards a good possibility? probably not. Thats why giving up Rask or Seguin is also very unlikely Richards is a premier center in the league right now. He has 5 good years left before his play starts declining. Seguin may have a good 15 year nhl career ahead of him. But Richards having a great upcoming 5 years is a surer thing
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

Richards isn't Crosby.  He wasn't very spectacular from '07 to '09.  In fact, he was downright average at best, prompting many to call his contract absurd.

Did you just find out about hockey this season?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

IMO, they need a top 4 d-man and I'd like to see another gritty winger.

My vote is Kaberle for the d-man, Phillips for 2nd choice

David Clarkson for the winger, Chris Neil for 2nd choice

Can't have Wheeler and Ryder floating around during the playoffs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

NAS was he spectacular last year? He only scored 91 points. How about this year?

You watched him two games ago pick the Bruins team apart. 

He was injured two years ago, of course he is not going to be the greatest. Nobody also stated he is Crosby. But he is a top 5 centreman in the league right now. James Neal and Loui Erickson have no business being in the top 15 in scoring but thanks to Richards they are.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]NAS was he spectacular last year? He only scored 91 points. How about this year? You watched him two games ago pick the Bruins team apart.  He was injured two years ago, of course he is not going to be the greatest. Nobody also stated he is Crosby. But he is a top 5 centreman in the league right now. James Neal and Loui Erickson have no business being in the top 15 in scoring but thanks to Richards they are.
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

Loui Erickson has been getting better every year.  Every year.  You know so little about hockey, I think you just started following it this season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Centreman? A Defenceman? Or both? : Loui Erickson has been getting better every year.  Every year.  You know so little about hockey, I think you just started following it this season.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    James Neal is no slouch either.Yaz knows hockey as well as your average 10 year old.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Bring back Kessel.  Send them Wheeler and Ryder.
    A one-dimensional selfish sniper for 2 X nothing.
    They can be
    easily replace by Sauvé, Caron or Colborne.

A win-win trade. Burke get rid of a bad contract and Chiarelli of two players without contract next year.

I would retake Kessel on my team anytime

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Centreman? A Defenceman? Or both? : Loui Erickson has been getting better every year.  Every year.  You know so little about hockey, I think you just started following it this season.

At least my perception is realistic. You can act like you know everything though, don't worry

Erikson has been getting good thanks to the help of Richards. You make it sound it he is self made 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

[QUOTE]Relax with the 4th line talk!  How about having the best 1st or second line, instead of the best 4th line, which should see 5 mins a game!  NAS, you make it sound like if we made a move on the 4th line it will shatter cup hopes.  How about having a PP that was under 10% in 42 games without savvy last year, now that will cripple your team.  Figuring out who to play at 4th line center sounds like a problem the 80's Oilers would have, not our bruins.
    Posted by bigbadbruinsfan[/QUOTE]

With Cj behind the bench, Camp has to stay on the 4th as he overuses it and hopefully not the first like he has done many times in past, with Bitz, PJ and recently Camp.

If Cj plays the 4th 5 mins a game, we are a contender, the 80's Oilers had a run  and gun coach and I could have centered half those wingers.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Brad Richards will be back in Tampa next year.  He's not available.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

[QUOTE]Brad Richards will be back in Tampa next year.  He's not available.
    Posted by olsonstephanie[/QUOTE]
    No way. Unless Vinny settles for 3rd line duty. With Vinny and St. louis' big contracts and Stamkos due a big raise next season, cant see him returning to tampa

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

You should have your keyoard taken away. Kessel has one of the five worst contracts in the entire NHL. He's 5th in scoring on his team, with less goals than Grabobski, and less points than Versteeg. At 5.4 million only Chara would be paid more than Kessel, and he's producing less than Bergeron, Krejci, Lucic, or Recchi.

Research, it won't kill you.

[QUOTE]Bring back Kessel.  Send them Wheeler and Ryder. A one-dimensional selfish sniper for 2 X nothing. They can be easily replace by Sauvé, Caron or Colborne. A win-win trade. Burke got rid of a bad contract and Chiarelli of two players without contract next year. I would retake Kessel on my team anytime
    Posted by BlueChip99[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

If Arniel was invisible why was he kept so late before being cut? He was one of the last three or four forwards cut. He was also the first forward called up from Providence this year, not Suave, not Caron, not Hamill, not Colborne.

You're not paying attention if you thing he was invisible. How many days did you go to camp?

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Centreman? A Defenceman? Or both? : I guess I just don't understand how, in your mind, Arniel is even ready for NHL duty.  What has he done to suggest that he is?  In rookie camp, he was invisible.  In the few Providence games I've seen this year, he's been invisible. Tell me more about his skills and accomplishments.  I really must be missing something here.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

[QUOTE]You should have your keyoard taken away. Kessel has one of the five worst contracts in the entire NHL. He's 5th in scoring on his team, with less goals than Grabobski, and less points than Versteeg. At 5.4 million only Chara would be paid more than Kessel, and he's producing less than Bergeron, Krejci, Lucic, or Recchi. Research , it won't kill you. In Response to Re: A Centreman? A Defenceman? Or both? :
    Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]

Hockey is played on ice, not on internet. Get you head out of statistics and reflects. Scoring goals is the hardest thing to do on a rink. Only a handful of NHL skaters can score 35 to 40 goals per year. The past year, only a dozen.(Kessel can do it). Ok he's a bit lazy in regular season, but he`s a killer In The Playoffs.

The reality is that Burke will never accept this trade.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Why we can not rely on past statistics.
    Because Hockey is like life, in constant motion.

Kovalchuk = 17 G. 17A. up to 11m$ per year practically for the eternity. Result Devil in the bottom.

Malkin = 9M. per year for the Eternity.
    He has a torn ACL and MCL. Surgery Is A Possibility. DR. Bylsma Told reporters. "I'm not sure if There Is a Possibility rehab."   Remember you Marco Sturm.

Savard 2 last years 66 games played  = 12 goals.
    4M$ a year for the eternity.

After a concussion even Crosby`s future is uncertain.
    9M$ per year. for the eternity.
    Pat Lafontaine, Eric Lindros, Paul Kariya, Marc Savard.
    Its tells you something?

Kessel 5.4M$ per year. 23 year hold, 35-40G per year. 

I`ll take him on my team anytime.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Centreman? A Defenceman? Or both? : Hockey is played on ice, not on internet. Get you head out of statistics and reflects. Scoring goals is the hardest thing to do on a rink. Only a handful of NHL skaters can score 35 to 40 goals per year. The past year, only a dozen.(Kessel can do it). The reality is that Burke will never accept this trade.
    Posted by BlueChip99[/QUOTE]

kessel has never scored 40 goals and isnt even close to on pace to do so. Who needs to get out of the internet? Even wilson is gettin disgusted with Kessel no thanks.

He is not ever welcome back in boston. He needs to glide around with Jumbo Joe in SJ then maybe he'll be able to hit 40 goals or something. But not in the east no way.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from darrenryan. Show darrenryan's posts

Kaberle will be a Bruin....mark it down

ive heard a couple reports that he wants to stay in the North east....well only Montreal and the Bruins are a playoff team, and i dont think he waives his NTC to go to a bottom feeder, so its down to us and Montreal. Although Montreal could make a play for him, i think we have more to offer, That in the fact that Montreal and Toronto hate each other and fans would not enjoy that move....that leaves Boston...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

defense is the deepest position besides goal for the b's- why get another d-man? they lost a top line center-pick up a top line center/wing. the best defensive team in hockey does not need another d-man...they need help up front, the back end is solid.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

The Bruins need both.

The back-end is not 'solid'. I'd like to see the Bruins add some size and experience, if only for depth (the Tour de France of team sports is the NHL Playoffs) If they don't want to do that, if it won't be a significant upgrade, they'd, at the very least, be smart to hold onto Stuart, they're gonna need him.

At Forward, now that Marc Savard is going on the LTIR, they have the perfect amount of Cap space to add depth (again, size (of heart) and experience) to their Forward Corps.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]defense is the deepest position besides goal for the b's- why get another d-man? they lost a top line center-pick up a top line center/wing. the best defensive team in hockey does not need another d-man...they need help up front, the back end is solid.
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

Have you seen our Power play lately?  Kaberle would improve it by a wide margin he has a skill set that we just do not have.  He is certainly not my first choice but would be an improvement. 

There is a new owner taking over in Buffalo and the rumor is that they will sell hard and he wants a tough lineup.  A deal of Stuart + for Leopold would also give us the PP quarter back we are missing.  It would also leave us cap space for an upgrade at forward.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]defense is the deepest position besides goal for the b's- why get another d-man? they lost a top line center-pick up a top line center/wing. the best defensive team in hockey does not need another d-man...they need help up front, the back end is solid.
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]
    Often times you'll see an increase in the forwards scoring as a result of the D moving the puck quicker.Kaberle wouldn't be brought in to shore up the D as much as to create more offence from backend.Like you stated,we don't need help keeping the puck out.It's the putting it in that the Bruins have trouble with.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]Kaberle will be a Bruin....mark it down ive heard a couple reports that he wants to stay in the North east....well only Montreal and the Bruins are a playoff team, and i dont think he waives his NTC to go to a bottom feeder, so its down to us and Montreal. Although Montreal could make a play for him, i think we have more to offer, That in the fact that Montreal and Toronto hate each other and fans would not enjoy that move....that leaves Boston...
    Posted by darrenryan[/QUOTE]

I could see the Redwings or Rangers making a play to get Kaberle. Ultimately it will come down to what B. "

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

With the cap space available now, I expect PC to make a move for a rental.  It's hard to say if a forward or D would be more vaualble.  Early on the defense looked like it needed a boost, but it has looked very strong for some time.  With Stuart as a spare it's even deep.  The last two games the 3rd line has looked a bit weak.  I would say wait until closer to the dealine to evaluate a little more.  If a high-end rental is available for a reasonable price I would take either position, but they have to be good enough to move a current player to the press box.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]Ok now, dont bit me head off armchair GM's, but how about getting Kaberle ahnd Grabovski from TO, if Burke would trade, that is.  21 Goals, 39 PTS and a plus rating on a terrible team.  Kaberle would surely be the best pick up for our particular needs.  What would it take?  Our 1st and second, Wheeler and Hamill?
    Posted by joebondo[/QUOTE]

Let me see we trade them Kessel who is getting run out of town now for 2 top 5picks.

Then they trade us Kabs/Grabo for the combined failures of Wheeler Hamill and a crap pick???

Yeah that sounds like burke.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Gotta back up, I think, and look at what the team actually needs - not what it has needed or what it lost - then what's available and what it will cost to fill the gap.  Then you deal for the best fit whether that's a veteran D who can QB a PP or a speed winger or a centre.

Most trade discussions have started with the idea that the Bruins could deal a C because that was their strength in terms of depth.  Now....  Probably the only expendable pieces are Paille and Wheeler.  Wheeler's stopped scoring again after a short burst, Paille only draws in due to injuries, and both might have some limited value.  To get a player who would actually help the Bruins, though, you'd either have to create other gaps that your prospects might fill or you'd have to deal picks.  So - get the best player that addresses one of this team's three needs who can be had for a combination of those players and picks/prospects.  That might mean Joe Corvo or Anton Babchuk rather than Weber or Suter, or one of the less-desirable Flames if Feaster holds a fire sale - Morrison, Tanguay, Hagman, Stajan.

Sections
Shortcuts