A couple questions about Savard

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

A couple questions about Savard

Anyone think there is a chance he reitres after next season, when the money drops to 1.5, or the year after when it drops to .525? I believe the cap hit if retired after this year would be 3.22 (cap penalty). Would it be possible to use a compliance buyout on him? I know that teams can't buy out players on the IR, but they haven't placed him on LTIR. I wonder if the league might make exceptions for players like him, and allow him to be bought out with the team paying the full amount, just to remove the cap hit. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Re: A couple questions about Savard

It's possible he could retire, but given the small benefit to the Bruins (the recapture, as you point out), I doubt anyone is encouraging him.  Absent that, well, free money!  So it doesn't seem too likely.  

I was hoping this new CBA would include some kind of full-value injury retirement option for players, which would work effectively like a compliance buy-out.  Nothing in the current wording suggests anything can be done with an injured player but use the LTIR exception, though.

The League and NHLPA could agree to all teams to use a compliance buy-out in such a way, but I suspect teams that have already used both of theirs would cry foul.

-- Proud user of Chambraigne; Now with Wiener Scent! --

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If Savard retires, he gives up the rest of his contract's money.

Why would he do this?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

If Savard retires, he gives up the rest of his contract's money.

Why would he do this?

ya, i guess you're right. even to someone who's made 50-60 million in their career, 525K is still 525K

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

ya, i guess you're right. even to someone who's made 50-60 million in their career, 525K is still 525K

I have made enough money in my life to be comfortable.

I don't throw five dollar bills out the car window.

Money is money.

Sections
Shortcuts