A Different Look At Finances

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: A Different Look At Finances

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I doubt any d-man scores at that clip under CJ.

[/QUOTE]

Key point right there...although I do think PK has more raw offensive talent. However, Hamilton may one day be a better all-round defenseman if he keeps progressing the way he is.

[/QUOTE]

This I don't agree with. I think that Hamilton has a huge advantage playing with the best in the business as far an all around d-man goes! Hamilton also I think will have a much better offensivegame. As long as he's willing to learn what the big man can teach. He's progressing nicely & I think his upside is certainly there to put him in the top 5 cat. Eliminating the size difference between the 2. I think the Chara/Hamilton combo is a great reminder of Bourque/Sweeney. With Doug having probably 3x the offensive mix to his game, but Don became so effective, because of Ray. Not an overly powerful guy, but Don was a powerful skater & he used that as his biggest asset to rip forwards to shreds in the corners & also forced them to the outside. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

[QUOTE]

On the Hamilton point, just for the record, Pernell had .494 points/game and .444 p/g his first two years in the NHL.  Hamilton has been between .38 and .39 p/g both years.  It'll be curious to see if he can ever catch up to Pernell's scoring pace, especially the .905 and .656 pace of the last two years.  I doubt any d-man scores at that clip under CJ.

Are you not entertained?!?!

[/QUOTE]

Dougie Hamilton is younger now than Pernell was when he made the league.  From another perspective, you could say Hamilton is outscoring Pernell .39ppg to 0ppg.  The .905ppg is a short season outlier.  Outside of that, I have no doubt that Hamilton will become a far better player than Subban, and possibly score more than him too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

This I don't agree with. I think that Hamilton has a huge advantage playing with the best in the business as far an all around d-man goes! Hamilton also I think will have a much better offensivegame. As long as he's willing to learn what the big man can teach. He's progressing nicely & I think his upside is certainly there to put him in the top 5 cat. Eliminating the size difference between the 2. I think the Chara/Hamilton combo is a great reminder of Bourque/Sweeney. With Doug having probably 3x the offensive mix to his game, but Don became so effective, because of Ray. Not an overly powerful guy, but Don was a powerful skater & he used that as his biggest asset to rip forwards to shreds in the corners & also forced them to the outside. 

[/QUOTE]

Good points Nite. But a few things to remember:

Its not like Subban has been developed b FLA or CGY or anything. The Habs are a good team and have a decent development system. Plus h has been playing with the likes of Markov and even Georges so its not like he has been left out to the wolves.

Also, Hamilton was completely and utterly dominant in junior both defensively and offensively. Starting the NHL as a teenager and is already a top 4 at least. the guy has all the makings of a complete stud D.

I would love to have both on my team and would not complain if a had only one of the two

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Its not like Subban has been developed b FLA or CGY or anything. The Habs are a good team and have a decent development system. Plus h has been playing with the likes of Markov and even Georges so its not like he has been left out to the wolves.

Also, Hamilton was completely and utterly dominant in junior both defensively and offensively. Starting the NHL as a teenager and is already a top 4 at least. the guy has all the makings of a complete stud D.

I would love to have both on my team and would not complain if a had only one of the two

[/QUOTE]

Very Valid Post! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

1.  Calling him Pernell is so weak.

2.  Hamilton has shown some flashes of being good, but he's a long way from being good in my eyes.  He may turn into a fantastic player, but let's not pretend he's there now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

2.  Hamilton has shown some flashes of being good, but he's a long way from being good in my eyes.  He may turn into a fantastic player, but let's not pretend he's there now.

[/QUOTE]

I must've missed the post as to why they call him that. So, I'm in agreement with you there.

I'm very careful with what i say regarding Dougie. I think he's progressing very nicely, but it usually takes a long time for a dman to mature. So far I think he's ahead of schedule.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Considering he is already a top 4 dman on a contending team only 2 years removed from junior I think he is already good, no?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Very Valid Post! 

[/QUOTE]

Well thank you. Just like to point out I am in no way suggesting that Hamilton is even close to being as good as PK is right now. But, in a few years if the kid keeps developing as he has been, who knows? We may have to revisit the comparison then...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

PK and Dougie; Pernell and Doug.  Your choice.  One principle.

[object HTMLDivElement]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

...you could also go by associative logic and start calling him "Sweet Pea".  Might catch on....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

...you could also go by associative logic and start calling him "Sweet Pea".  Might catch on....

[/QUOTE]

Nah.  He can't fight.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Oh man it shows this is a Bruins forum .  c'mon guys !  how can you tell Hamilton will be better than Subban ?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Oh man it shows this is a Bruins forum .  c'mon guys !  how can you tell Hamilton will be better than Subban ?

[/QUOTE]

He has been significantly better at every level, every year of his career.  He is bigger, faster and more talented.  He has achieved success at a far younger age, and at 21 he has rapidly improved into a solid NHL defensesman with some high-end offensive skill.  No one is saying he's better than Subban now, but it seems more likely than not that he will exceed Subban in time if you compare their career progress year on year.  At this stage, PK was still a minor-leaguer.

I was really impressed with Dougie at the end of last year.  I wouldn't surprised if he became a dominant defenseman as early as this coming season, his third.  A year ago I wasn't sold, but now I definitely am.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to OatesCam's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He has been significantly better at every level, every year of his career.  He is bigger, faster and more talented.  He has achieved success at a far younger age, and at 21 he has rapidly improved into a solid NHL defensesman with some high-end offensive skill.  No one is saying he's better than Subban now, but it seems more likely than not that he will exceed Subban in time if you compare their career progress year on year.  At this stage, PK was still a minor-leaguer.

I was really impressed with Dougie at the end of last year.  I wouldn't surprised if he became a dominant defenseman as early as this coming season, his third.  A year ago I wasn't sold, but now I definitely am.

[/QUOTE]

Faster? I'm not sure, can't really recall a time when Hamilton has turned on the jets. But talented?? That's Subban all day. I'd argue Subban is one of the more talented players in the game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The one thing you gotta give Subban - he's good with the media.  Comfortable in his skin, and he seems to have no time for those who want to manufacture drama.  Despite those who seem to think arbitration and the process that goes into it inevitably mean the team is going to run the player through the muck (coughnitecough), he keeps saying how much respect Montreal showed all the way through. 

If it was just Bruins fans, I'd wonder if this was an outgrowth of the Sinden era - just the expectation that the player will be told to go yodel.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

135 hits for the smaller guy compared to 73 by the bigger faster guy.  When has he achieved success by the way?  He was very avg at wjc compared to pk who was dominant.  Pk was awesome in his first playoff round leading all players in ice time.  Dougie was scratched late in year one and had no input in playoff action.  This year much better but not pk level.   

Ive always been concerned by his big game ability and the soft label.  I then i come to the conclusion that isnt his style of play.  He had a very good second year.  But im not sure which end of the ice or style he would be better at.  Neither are great in their own end and pk is much better on the offensive side of the game.  

Time will tell but unless dougie yanks in a Norris quickly the edge is in favor of PK for a while. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

The one thing you gotta give Subban - he's good with the media.  Comfortable in his skin, and he seems to have no time for those who want to manufacture drama.  Despite those who seem to think arbitration and the process that goes into it inevitably mean the team is going to run the player through the muck (coughnitecough), he keeps saying how much respect Montreal showed all the way through. 

If it was just Bruins fans, I'd wonder if this was an outgrowth of the Sinden era - just the expectation that the player will be told to go yodel.

[/QUOTE]

I thought he was very well composed last year.  Hes growing up.  He handled all the racist stuff with class and didnt want it to draw away from the great hockey.  I get why people hate him.  But man is he fun to watch.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Didn't see that coming...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Blow it out your as s book! EVERY ex-player that they interviewed who went through abitration all said they ended up almost hating the team when they came out of it! Nobody saw this deal coming after the hearing so kindly take a couple of fawkoff pills & call me in the morning. PK just got a 72 million dollar deal from the Habs what do you think he's gonna say! " What a bunch of classless fawkheads!" Get over yourself!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Faster?  At what?  Texting?

Oatescam, you're a super smart man.  I would sooner believe that Dougie Hamilton hacked your account and posted his himself before I believe that you think Hamilton is faster and more talented than Subban.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

"135 hits for the smaller guy compared to 73 by the bigger faster guy."

Does it count if 134 of them were against smaller players whose backs were turned? 68 of them were also after the whistle.

Re: PK and the media, I will say as much as I detest his shenanigans on the ice, I have always found him to be an intelligent and classy guy at the podium. Says the right things, for sure, and none of his "I'm a classless punk who doesn't respect the game" stuff seems to show up once he gets his skates off.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to socca10's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"135 hits for the smaller guy compared to 73 by the bigger faster guy."

Does it count if 134 of them were against smaller players whose backs were turned? 68 of them were also after the whistle.

Re: PK and the media, I will say as much as I detest his shenanigans on the ice, I have always found him to be an intelligent and classy guy at the podium. Says the right things, for sure, and none of his "I'm a classless punk who doesn't respect the game" stuff seems to show up once he gets his skates off.

[/QUOTE]

73 hits from hamilton is pretty sad.  And yup some of pks hits are so-so.  But he doesnt care who he attempts to hit.  I remember him getting the wrong end of running ovie.  I dont think he picks n chooses who he hits bc he runs everyone(Lucic inc). But i do agree lots are borderline.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Blow it out your as s book! EVERY ex-player that they interviewed who went through abitration all said they ended up almost hating the team when they came out of it! Nobody saw this deal coming after the hearing so kindly take a couple of fawkoff pills & call me in the morning. PK just got a 72 million dollar deal from the Habs what do you think he's gonna say! " What a bunch of classless fawkheads!" Get over yourself!

[/QUOTE]

Oh, please, the fawkoff pills can stay on your bedside table next to the Viagra fawkon pills in case you ever have that painful 4 hour jerk session.

I'm not going to say I was yanking your chain after that come back, so let's say I was chumming the waters.

EVERY player THEY interviewed....  Who decides whom to interview?  What's a better story?  Player A is pissypants because the team made a case for the lowest possible evaluation of his talents during a process that his union put in place or Player A understands that the structure of an arbitration process is that the player comes in high, the team comes in low and the arbitrator chooses a number in between?  Subban's comment is mature that way - I learned a lot probably means about how teams look at a player's value to the franchise, and it's not just "I won a Norris and scored the 5th most points for D last year!"  Good for him.  My point was that the process is the process; most teams are unlikely to headhunt their player, but they will draw attention to his flaws and the limits on his value to the team (replacement value, for example - in Subban's case, I bet a part of their argument was that Markov plays more minutes, scores only slightly less, and finished right behind Subban in Norris voting, so you could argue the team could "replace" Subban with Markov and his $5.75M salary and use the delta to upgrade elsewhere).

Sinden, Clarke and a few others would go in and headhunt.  I think we all knew before it happened that Kristich was gone if he got anything more than what the Bruins were prepared to pay.  Clarke would have called the genetically engineered clone spawn of Chuck Norris, Die Hard's John MacLean, and a silverback gorilla "big, but a bit of a puss compared to the Flyers of the 70s."

I don't think teams are like that any longer - not the good ones.  And I don't think that players are so naive that they go in and take the arbitration process as "what they really think of me" any more.

[object HTMLDivElement]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

"Viagra fawkon pills"

That's the funniest thing I've read here since Shupe's first week with the iPad.