A Good Problem To Have; Defence options

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

A Good Problem To Have; Defence options

There was a thread started on this topic, BEFORE yesterdays (Game #2) game.

The prevailing 'wisdom' then, with the usual certitude, seemed to be;

(that if/when Redden, Seidenberg and/or Ference return, this is what will happen)

"Krug sits first.

Hamilton second.

Bartkowski third."

Is this still the case? Is this what will happen? This could be a real mind-melter for Claude

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Re: A Good Problem To Have; Defence options

Me? I say, the kids stay until a change/tweak is required. The foot speed and fast-focus on the puck retrievals and subsequent break-outs is a new one, a new look for Boston's defence. I like it.

The team's winning and looking pretty good and tidy doing it.

Let Seidenberg, Redden and Ference rest a little longer

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

How was the Bruins defensive zone breakout during the Leafs series ?

How would you compare Redden and Seidenberg carrying the puck out of the their own zone versus how Krug and Barkowski do it ?

Why would a coach change something that is working ? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Right now, if Seidenberg is ready Tuesday, he goes in and Hamilton sits.  After that, the calls are more difficult.  I don't think either Redden or Ference get in unless they are clearly, absolutely 100% healthy, and even then I don't think both get in.

Krug is making it easy to keep him in the lineup - for now.  That could change if Tortorella is able to use last change to exploit that pairing in game 3. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your logic prevails because it is mine as well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

Right now, if Seidenberg is ready Tuesday, he goes in and Hamilton sits.  After that, the calls are more difficult.  I don't think either Redden or Ference get in unless they are clearly, absolutely 100% healthy, and even then I don't think both get in.

Krug is making it easy to keep him in the lineup - for now.  That could change if Tortorella is able to use last change to exploit that pairing in game 3. 

I agree.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

Right now , I think the kids keep playing, there is no need to have the vets come back too early. The Bruins seem to be a much different team with the kids, especially with Krug and Bartkowski playing so well . It is a nice problem for CJ to have. We are seeing a much quicker team with these young guys . If it ain't broke , don't fix it . Seidenberg will be the only one that will displace any of the three kids, if he is ready to come back, and in my opinion , Hamilton might be the odd man out .

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

At the very least Krug will say. Hamilton was on the ice (with Chara) for both Ranger goals last night which means he could be subbed for Ference or Reddon depending on who's ready first. I'm under the impression that Seidenberg might take longer to come back.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Seidenberg is guaranteed a spot in my lineup when he is healthy.  Hamilton is now my first man to sit.  I think he is playing with low confidence right now.  I think a game upstairs is generally helpful for struggling players.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

Pretty much how I see it.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I've got a fever......

....And the only prescription is more Krug.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

I've got a fever......

....And the only prescription is more Krug.

Yes!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

CJ will go with veterns....Seindenberg will replace Krug....I do hope that Redden is a black ace. I would like to see Krug over Hamilton but I don't think that will happen. It's freakin amazing how that lil Krug is not noticed in our own end and yet his presence is felt in the Rangers end. Love that kid. He's the Mac Heron of the CFL....the Vega with a Cadaliac engine !!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

why mess with success?

these 2  could heal some more

sit Dougie 
    or let the 3 Lil Bears keep causing havoc on nyr

their energy is contagious

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to dbeach48's comment:

why mess with success?

these 2  could heal some more

sit Dougie 
    or let the 3 Lil Bears keep causing havoc on nyr

their energy is contagious

Go with seven defencemen sit Peverly,Hamilton and Krug take turns as forward,could they be any worse than Peverly?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

In the past CJ has worried about his left right match-ups (we also know about his tendecies towards vets) Sitting Hamilton would keep Seidenberg on his playing side I believe. I,m with the majority Krug & Bartkowski in behind Chara on the left side. Seidenberg, Boychuk & Mcquaid on the right. Love to see the B,s steal one in NY!

Sections
Shortcuts