a look at bruins prospects

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobby774. Show bobby774's posts

a look at bruins prospects

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/12643/boston_bruins_boast_deep_inexperienced_group_at_minorleague_level/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: a look at bruins prospects

Next year is the year with Ryder and Recchi gone. Sauve now has 7 goals in 12 games along with 10 points and 32 shots which is the stat I really like as to when Max gets in close he finishes. I thought Arniel played well this year in his one game stint so I hope he sees more action this year.

Time will tell because Spooner, Knight or Cunningham could jump in the mix next fall as well. What do with two #1 picks in this years draft Defense or more slick skating center/wingers ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: a look at bruins prospects:
    Next year is the year with Ryder and Recchi gone. Sauve now has 7 goals in 12 games along with 10 points and 32 shots which is the stat I really like as to when Max gets in close he finishes. I thought Arniel played well this year in his one game stint so I hope he sees more action this year. Time will tell because Spooner, Knight or Cunningham could jump in the mix next fall as well. What do with two #1 picks in this years draft Defense or more slick skating center/wingers ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

My hatred of Ryder runs deep.  If they resign him I am just gonna die.  Ryder is #1 far and away on my hate list, CJ runs a distant second.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Good read thanks.
    Sauve is a guy that can bring some energy when the season is winding down. He's somewhat what the Bruins need for their transition game, a speedy winger with good hockey sense (it's been in his culture growing up in a hockey environment with his dad JF and uncle Bob Sauve x-NHLer). If he continues and the Bruins are in need of a winger I wouldn't be surprised Sauve getting the call.
    It will be interesting when Stuart comes back.  It'll be a pity sending Kampfer back the way he's been playing . 
    McQuaid has a oneway contract ? He also has been playing upto par if not better than what Stuart was bringing although during Stuart's play this season the whole team was playing bad therefore hard to judge his performance.
    Like SanDog was saying next season with most likely Ryder gone (unless major bargain for less than 2m ) and I think Recchi's retirement (and becoming Bruins assist coach) along with the cap going up the Bruins will have some play and bring up some of these prospects.
    Trades .....  forget it some of you don't want to talk about it. Wink

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: a look at bruins prospects : This softy would like to tell Max Sauve that " Bob's your uncle " as the saying goes. A former NHLer who goes by the name of J.F. is Max's dad. No apologies necessary. His dad, Jean-Francois Sauv é, played for the Buffalo Sabres and the Quebec Nordiques, tallying 65 career goals and 138 career assists in 290 NHL games. His uncle, Robert (Bob), played 13 seasons in the NHL as a goaltender (Buffalo, Detroit, Chicago, New YorkIslanders) and was the co-winner of the Vezina Trophy (1980) and the William Jennings Trophy (1984-85). His cousin, Philippe, also a goaltender was drafted 38th overall in 1998 by the Colorado Avalanche – after a few NHL appearance he now plays in the German Elite League. courtesy of NHL.com
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Thanks and edited.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Yes ! Thanks for the read. It looks like PC will have his hands full making some tough choices.

Also !  It makes you wonder what PC might do at the trade deadline, if the Bruins are struggling for wins at that time of the schedule.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Thanks bobby.  This next part in no way reflect on you.

HF loses more credibility every time I look.  Totally erratic quality.  Simple to look at the Bruins roster and see that they have 6 defensemen on one-way deals, not seven.  Then look at that list of prospects.  I knew this would happen when everyone went all f()knuts about Riendeau last year, and sure enough, there's the undrafted 20 year old FA signee listed in the top 20 ahead of Sauve, Button, Spooner, and Kampfer.  He's not even a ppg player in the ECHL, and if he's not going to be a scorer, he's not going to be anything.  Maybe they signed him to entice his old Voltigeurs teammate to join the Bruins organization?

More madness: 7th rounder Chudinov, on whom there is virtually no book, is a better prospect than all of those guys as well.  I think I know why this is, though.  Stanley's writing the column.  How else to explain Lehtonen listed in 10th ahead of McQuaid.  Sorry Mikko but we don't want to make roster space for your slow lazy arz - but you're our 10th best prospect!  Looney.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

IMO Caron was jobbed by Claude and is definitely a better player than Paille, Thornton, and Recchi. The same comment applies to Arneil and Arneil could also be better than both Wheeler and Ryder as well as Horton, unless Horton wakes up

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

McQuaid (this year only) and Kampfer both have 2-way contracts.  The article is wrong, the Bruins have 5 NHL Defensemen on 1-way contracts.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

McQuaid (this year only)and Kampfer both have 2-way contracts.  The article is wrong, the Bruins have 5 NHL Defensemen on 1-way contracts.
    Posted by Eric66

Then it'll be McQuaid or Kampfer that will be sent down when Stuart gets back.
    Not what I would like to see but does PC really have a choice?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Next year is the year with Ryder and Recchi gone. Sauve now has 7 goals in 12 games along with 10 points and 32 shots which is the stat I really like as to when Max gets in close he finishes. I thought Arniel played well this year in his one game stint so I hope he sees more action this year. Time will tell because Spooner, Knight or Cunningham could jump in the mix next fall as well. What do with two #1 picks in this years draft Defense or more slick skating center/wingers ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

As inconsistent as some players have been, it is very realistic that we will part ways with Ryder, Recchi and Wheeler. Yes, they are inconsistent. However, we will likely be losing roughly 60 goals of production from them (Ryder-25, Recchi-15, Wheeler-20). IMO, it is unwise and unrealistic to throw a bunch of rookies into the mix and expect them to equal that production, and/or expect a better team. Yes, I expect 1, or maybe 2 rookies to crack the team (notice I say not the lineup, but team), but we should expect Cam and PC to add atleast 1 forward via free agency (Moulson, Miettinen, Hejduk, Frolov, Dupuis, etc.). Unless our draft pick is either Adam Larsson or Sean Couturier, don't expect him to be on this team next year. Those are likely the only 2 that will see the NHL next year. Landeskog, Nugent-Hopkins, Saad, etc. all need 1-2 years of development. I am a big MS fan and I do hope he makes the team next year.

Go B's!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Well last winter some posters complained when Chiarelli made the Kampfer and Bartkowski deals as "Those deals can't help us now!" right but they are helping now as I think Chiarelli might decide he may be able to part with Stuart now.

So I would like to see more under the radar deals to shore up Providence this 2011 winter as well. Now with the four picks that PC has this summer hopefully he will keep them then use them on some stud OHL and QMJHL Dmen and not upset BookBoy with more college defenseman. Tongue out

PS. If I see Whitfield up again this year at some point in March I'll Barf all over one of Julien's horrific damn ties!

Sections
Shortcuts