A moment with a Leafs' Fan.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

A moment with a Leafs' Fan.

Last night, I finally got to meet up with my friend Brad, who is an enormous Leafs' fan. He just said, "go easy on me".

After many years of being on the bad end of these encounters with Philly, Montreal, & Edmonton, I could really feel for him. I had no desire to gloat, but rather to only say encouraging words about where the Leafs are going, because I (we) have been there too. Most times in the past, like when Cam and Ray took us all for a couple of rides to the Finals, I'd have no one to talk to about how close the Bruins where to winning, or how crushing the defeat, because all the other hockey fans around were Leafs supporters, or didn't care. No Internet / BDC to join in with and vent the good and the bad. 

Anyway,  I don't know if this is all a good or bad thing. To be so wrapped up in a hockey team, or to revel in the fact that we have this amazing bond and the emotional roller-coaster that comes with it. For now I am going to enjoy it, and thank you all for being part of a place that I can connect with others who wear Black and Gold. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Re: A moment with a Leafs' Fan.

Okay, I'm over my feelings for the leafs. 

Funny as hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LH4NZ1EsWKs

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Lot's of Leaf fans out my way to. Very close friends. And I found it easy not to rub it in. The one thing that Leaf fans and Bruin fans have, is a total dislike for anything Schabs !  In this, we share a common bond.

Other than that, all I sad was "NEXT" !!!

Go Bruins !

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I always liked the Leafs. They were my 2nd favourite team growing up. Mike Palmateer was my favourite Leaf & really liked them in the late 70's. The 1979 play-offs between the Leafs & Flames was short lived, but game 1 had a great goaltending duel between Palmateer & Bouchard, with the Leafs winning 2-1.  I always have respect for their fans, because thru all the thin they're still there & still support. There's very few Leaf fans that I know that are wagon jumpers. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

People who are over the top fans of a team are fine in my book.  They don't deserve to get harassed after losing.

Now, those who are boastful about pending victory, rub one game's victory in the faces of opposing fans and talk lots of smack deserve every ounce they get.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

They outplayed them in game 3? I can't say I agree.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

I totally feel for them. As Boston fans we've been on both sides numerous times, obviously.

That was one swift kick to the nuts for them, and honestly, they pretty much outplayed the B's in that series, except for Game 1 and the last 10 minutes of that Game 7.

They gotta upgrade from Reimer, though. He's down on every shot and not very agile.

I think Reimer is adequate, and only just that, adequate.

Look back at this series and look at how that idiot Phaneuf hurt his team.  And look at the producitivity of Phaneuf and Kessel, if they get rid of those 2 clowns I think they would be better off.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

I totally feel for them. As Boston fans we've been on both sides numerous times, obviously.

That was one swift kick to the nuts for them, and honestly, they pretty much outplayed the B's in that series, except for Game 1 and the last 10 minutes of that Game 7.

They gotta upgrade from Reimer, though. He's down on every shot and not very agile.

Look back at this series and look at how that idiot Phaneuf hurt his team.  And look at the producitivity of Phaneuf and Kessel, if they get rid of those 2 clowns I think they would be better off.

I think Ol' Phil's stock actually rose during the B's series and would be suprised if the Leafs didn't re-sign him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

I think Ol' Phil's stock actually rose during the B's series and would be suprised if the Leafs didn't re-sign him.

They will certainly try to resign him, but from what I know about Phil I think he'd much rather be somewhere warm and sunny and where he isn't recognized outside of the rink. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

Your thread is a breath of fresh air as this place has had a very toxic side lately. I have a long time friend, plus my father in law/neighbor who are huge fans. I hate to admit it but when I was was about 4 or 5 I had a leafs sweater, as evidenced in some family pics, but luckily I have no recollection.

I don't rub it into Leaf fans for a few other reasons too. A shared hate of the Habs makes them more of an ally, as others said. Plus I feel sorry for them, feel their pain from the experience of being a loooong sufferng Bs fan. And I like their team, other than their captain, they're tough and have some good young skilled players. Plus I have to like at least 1 Canadian team. My hate for all things Van and Habs rules them out, Calgary... nuf said, and Edm blocked us from a couple of cups, so Leafs it is.

I do rub it into almost all Hab fans because the vast majority are pompous.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

They will certainly try to resign him, but from what I know about Phil I think he'd much rather be somewhere warm and sunny and where he isn't recognized outside of the rink. 

For sure he doesn't like the limelight but he was one of the first Leafs to face the music after the collapse, maybe he's warming up to it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

People who are over the top fans of a team are fine in my book.  They don't deserve to get harassed after losing.

Now, those who are boastful about pending victory, rub one game's victory in the faces of opposing fans and talk lots of smack deserve every ounce they get.

Like Canuck, Flames & Hab fans? (Kennedy excluded)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Like Canuck, Flames & Hab fans? (Kennedy excluded)

By far the worst.They deserve every painful defeat they suffer.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I think the Leafs will be just fine with Reimer! You don't know what you're talking about. You don't make the play-offs with adequate goaltending.  You  don't take a 2 yr removed Stanley Cup Champion to 7 games in the play-offs with adaquate goaltending. You're out to lunch on this one Bad Hab!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

I was amazed how many habs fans thanked the Bruins for beating the Leafs.  I don't dislike the leafs as much as I did in the 90's.  I actually think they are a very exciting team to watch.

In response to OrrandPapiRGods' comment:

Your thread is a breath of fresh air as this place has had a very toxic side lately. I have a long time friend, plus my father in law/neighbor who are huge fans. I hate to admit it but when I was was about 4 or 5 I had a leafs sweater, as evidenced in some family pics, but luckily I have no recollection.

I don't rub it into Leaf fans for a few other reasons too. A shared hate of the Habs makes them more of an ally, as others said. Plus I feel sorry for them, feel their pain from the experience of being a loooong sufferng Bs fan. And I like their team, other than their captain, they're tough and have some good young skilled players. Plus I have to like at least 1 Canadian team. My hate for all things Van and Habs rules them out, Calgary... nuf said, and Edm blocked us from a couple of cups, so Leafs it is.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In response to perrysound's comment:

Okay, I'm over my feelings for the leafs. 

Funny as hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LH4NZ1EsWKs

Oh geez, I laughed out loud.....a few times! Good one!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

In response to mattbs' comment:

I was amazed how many habs fans thanked the Bruins for beating the Leafs.  I don't dislike the leafs as much as I did in the 90's.  I actually think they are a very exciting team to watch.

In response to OrrandPapiRGods' comment:

Several Hab fans thanked me too, I told them I actually felt sorry for the Leaf fans. Knowing I wouldn't feel the same for the Habs seemed to annoy them

19. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts