A move is coming

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

A move is coming

Who will be picked up for Savy's cap space?

My guess Thomas Kaberle.

The Bruins need serious help on the PP, he can help. I also think he would waive his no trade to come to Boston. I wonder what Burkie wants for him? a 2nd and 3rd rounder/ maybe a first rounder? he is a UFA next year but would probably resign in Boston.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: A move is coming

No thanks.  I don't want any defensmen that make the team worse defensively and I also don't want to bow to Burke inflated asking price for an overpaid player.

I think there are better cheaper options.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Before the start of the season Burke was looking for a top six forward, a first round pick and a quality prospect for Kaberle. I would think the asking price has gone down considerably, but Burke is so delusional and over values his players he would want too much for a three month rental.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

IF he even wants to do more business with the Bruins it would most likely start with getting his 1st round pick back in this years draft

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

He wont be getting his 1rst round pick back thats for sure.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Right now the Bruins have Zach Hamill filling in for Mark Savard. Savard has had unique skills in passing, finding the open man, confusing the opposing team, and a level of confidence that is not going to be easy to find. Try to name any other center ice man with those qualities, comparable to Mark at his best, and he will be an integral part of a strong team, and in all probability , unavailable to the bruins. That means a significant adjustment even though the Bruins are in a healthy post season position.Hamill does not compare to Savard, but, he did not look out of place. What the Bruins need to determine is how do we compensate?? Julien has had a difficult time determining how best to use Seguin's skills while Seguin adjusts to the NHL Julien has also had problems stimulating Nathan Horton, producing consistency from Michael Ryder; and teaching Wheeler how to finish. By comparison Jaques LeMaire has taken a disfunctional New Jersey team, and, in two weeks converted the Devils to a winning formula. His secret lies in establishing "CHEMISTRY" in his lines. Until Claude figures it out, a new face may be just as inconsistent as some of the existing players.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Is there a list out there of unsigned players?  I'm beginning to think the only likely acquisitions would be signing someone, a "my problem for your problem" trade, or a true blockbuster with big names going both ways.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

put wheeler back at center, he played his best hockey there this year then if that doesnt work out try to find a trade or a Satan like signing,

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In Response to Re: A move is coming:
    No thanks.  I don't want any defensmen that make the team worse defensively and I also don't want to bow to Burke inflated asking price for an overpaid player. I think there are better cheaper options.
    Posted by Fletcher1

Totally agree. Burke thinks Kaberle is worth too much & will be asking to much. Plus, he is a head case who can't get along with the coach. Very over rated & over paid & is also a liability in his own end. Look for another trading partner.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from darrenryan. Show darrenryan's posts

some people dont get it, Would anyone say no thanks to having Mike Green on the Bruins???....no they wouldnt, Mike Green is a terrific offensive player who has defensive lapse all the time, but you take the good with the bad, because what he can provide to the transition game and pp is a risk worth taking....please stop with the Kaberle is bad defensively argument...drives me nuts

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Hey, is Jaromir Jagr available?  (Just a thought)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Brian Rolston is available-- yeah he is 37 but he can still skate better then most, has agreat shot and has serious playoff experience.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In Response to A move is coming:
    Who will be picked up for Savy's cap space? My guess Thomas Kaberle. The Bruins need serious help on the PP, he can help. I also think he would waive his no trade to come to Boston. I wonder what Burkie wants for him? a 2nd and 3rd rounder/ maybe a first rounder? he is a UFA next year but would probably resign in Boston.
    Posted by lucicfan

Does Kessel have a brother? Or maybe a sister!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

What it take to get Mike Fisher out of Ottawa?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

In Response to Re: A move is coming:
    Is there a list out there of unsigned players?  I'm beginning to think the only likely acquisitions would be signing someone, a "my problem for your problem" trade, or a true blockbuster with big names going both ways.
    Posted by DrCC

http://www.capgeek.com/free_agents.php

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Jason Arnott may be a decent fit right now, i.e. one of the better players who's REALISTICALLY available w/what th Bruins have to offer.

No one is going to jump out of their skin to get Wheeler, Ryder, or Paille (the most expendable of the group right now). The Toronto 1st rd. pick is enticing but I doubt PC wants to deal it unless he has to--and he might have to. BIG drop-off from Savvy's skill set to Hammil/Caron--no offense to either player, but...

Teams are gonna want guys like Marchand (playing too well to let go) or Seguin and I doubt PC is that thick-headed.

So Arnott for Wheeler + Hammil + Bruins first or second rounder (excluding the Tor. pick)  could be a good fit if the Devs could be persuaded) and who knows--maybe Jason's combined experience w/Recchi's can turn the B's into a hard-nosed veteran-led work-hard horse heading into the playoffs w/a hot goalie?

Arnott is not what he was a few years back, but experience usually helps in the playoffs.

Time to kick the tires, PC.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.capgeek.com/free_agents.php?year_id=2011&team_id=-1&position_id=D&fa_type_id=2

Here's your list DRCC and I would say Edmonton, Columbus, St. Louis, Florida, New Jersey, Atlanta, Toronto, Ottawa, Islanders, Buffalo and Chicago are looking to deal to either dump n run or have to make the playoffs.

Kaberle if paired with Chara or Seidenberg would not be liability he can skate and stick handle he's just on a very young undisciplined team right now. Tomas is a great candidate as I'm typing that he makes a great pass to tie it up against Atlanta. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'm going to throw Phoenix in there as well the NHL needs to have them make the playoffs as well.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Where's Satan these days?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Up here there are mixed thoughts on Kaberle's value.  Burke knows he is one of the very few assets on the big roster but according to Darren Dreiger today, the word among many GMs is no more than a second round pick in return. 

Burke won't let him walk for nothing in July as its expected Kaberle will not return.  There is also the aspect of who will carry the puck out of the Leaf end if he is gone at the deadline. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

The only team I can see the Bruins dealing with is Columbus.  They need help on defence, and have some underachieving higher paid forwards that the Bruins can use.  R.J. Umberger??  for maybe Andrew Ference and Boston's 1st pick?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

For the people that posted capgeek's link: thanks, but that's a list of players that are UFAs next year.  I'm wondering about the Šatan's out there that aren't playing in the NHL but could be looking for work.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Satan signed with the KHL Jan 8th...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

CC, they are not worth looking for if they are not working. Satan was ok and good at times, but not the calibre we need to replace Sav.

The cap geek list is a list of players that may be available due to impending free agency and may not cost as much to get as they normally would.

Problem is we do not really know who is available, what their cost and is it just as a rental, and this is a big problem.

I feel for PC right now because the rest of the GM's know he is desperate for a replacement for Sav, and as a result his cost will be higher than others seeking same players. His ransome may be a lot higher and if he bites it could cost TO's pick.

We are in for a wild next few weeks or we may just end up with stand pat and evaluating.  No matter what this board will not be boring, may be absolutely stupid with some of the suggested trades, but it will not be boring for long.

Sections
Shortcuts