A nice sampling of MTL videos

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

A nice sampling of MTL videos

I'm sure there's an easy explanation for all of these. Just hockey plays, right?

Lapierre boarding on Nichol:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=plsD3deR6TU

and

Kostopoulos cheap-shots Timonen:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=B35sdc6SFXs

and

Komisarek cross-checks Lucic in the Face:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hJVUOu6bMU

or

Gill rides Sim into the turnbuckle:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHHMZkpvw6c

or

Chelios elbows Propp in the head:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy-u9YI55jg

or

Nilan sucker-punches Middleton:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=waaVTs-mW-Q

or

Lapierre attacks Downie:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmGy6m78CAg

And then there are these happy-fun times with the turnbuckle...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjb9Xy2UnWc

or

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dC433HDZrec

or

www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwC8d-7MUgA

or

www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPB_VZurpbI

Bunch of fools and hypocrites out there. Should I pick up the phone and call the police for these? What’s the statute of limitations? Give it a rest...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: The magic of the interwebs....

Great clips. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UCONN. Show UCONN's posts

In Response to The magic of the interwebs....:
    [QUOTE]I'm sure there's an easy explanation for all of these. Just hockey plays, right? www.youtube.com/watch?v=plsD3deR6TU and www.youtube.com/watch?v=B35sdc6SFXs and www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hJVUOu6bMU or www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHHMZkpvw6c or www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy-u9YI55jg or www.youtube.com/watch?v=waaVTs-mW-Q or www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmGy6m78CAg And then there’s this…. www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjb9Xy2UnWc or www.youtube.com/watch?v=dC433HDZrec or www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwC8d-7MUgA or www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPB_VZurpbI Bunch of fools and hypocrites out there. Should I pick up the phone and call the police for these? What’s the statute of limitations? Give it a rest...
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

Nice work asmaha. I'm sure the habs can use some this footage to make sure this kind of stuff gets eliminated from the game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

There oughta be a law in Quebec for those historic hits????  Myopic Montreal Police investigation, delay par excellance !  Thanks for the reviews!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Re: A nice sampling of MTL videos

Don't let history get in the way of your self-righteousness.

If the Canadiens GM or MTL businesses want to focus on hits like these, better get ready for the consequences.

People who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

It'll go ignored and just talk about how Chara this and that ..
    I got an earful last night " SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE "  "A PLAYER CAN DIE "

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Funny how the one on Spezza , I think TSN , had a replay of it calling it the "Sandwhich of the day "  Glad to see they found it funny.

You self righteous citizens of Montreal why didn't you make an uproar when this happened to Ryan Smith. Maybe you could have changed hockey and Pacioretty would have netted 5 goal on the Bruins March 24th.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

asmaha - Brilliant work!  Hab fans seem unable or unwilling to understand their perceived posture of some pre-ordained divine right to have all things on the ice go their way. 

No doubt some will suggest these bits are cherry-picking, at best, but do they support the notion of the Habs being above reproach for the same kind of thing they're literally frothing at the mouth over with Chara?  Not in the least.  You all are absolutely right when you say the outcry is because it happened to one of their own not for the collective good of the game. 

Its aggravating and before any one of their supporters rolls out how many Cups they've won which won't be denied, it is their tunnel-visioned and skewered views of the same game they are so intensely passionate about that seems to be only matched by an ability to speak from both sides of their mouths. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.thebruinsblog.net/2011/03/12/somebody-call-a-cop-there-was-another-turnbuckle-hit-in-the-nhl/

Nice work Asmaha as did Matt Kalman good read on both!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Don't get me wrong...this *is* cherry-picking. That's the point. Stuff like this happens. These clips were found after 5 mins of searching, and by no means are comprehensive. You can easily do the same with every other team.

I just wish the MTL fans could see this for what it is....a reality of the game that all players deal with...and not just a case of a big, bad, malicious Bruin with a score to settle. It's beyond absurd. Should anything come of the lawyers getting involved, the reality is that many of these hits are actually still within the statute of limitations, so they're fair game.

Great stuff by Kalman, too. Thanks for pointing that out. I'm enjoying his take more and more these days.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: A nice sampling of MTL videos:
    [QUOTE]Don't let history get in the way of your self-righteousness. If the Canadiens GM or MTL businesses want to focus on hits like these, better get ready for the consequences. People who live in glass houses should not throw stones.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

Me thinks you misunderstood my message, the video clips go way back in time.  The law in Quebec does too.  So I am essentially agreeing that the Chara hit on Pacioretty was only used to be useful by the Montreal (yahoos) who single it out for their own purposes.  I sincerely believe the rules on boarding, charging, interference must be redifined as the head hit rule has changed the way these penalties are now called.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

i didn't see anything from those mtl clips that i'd consider dirty. a 6'9'' guy running interference on a 6'2" is dirty.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Don Cherry, on tonight's Leaf/Sabres game Coach's Corner, just showed an asmaha-like montage of players banging into stanchions and said there were so many, he left some of them out.  He also admonished Air Canada, who have their head offices in Montreal for spouting off about pulling their sponsorship from the league. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I see "Wedgy Dunlop" the poster from Montreal ignores this thread I pointed out for him/her to come see just so on his/her thread he/she can talk about his/her views and his/her views only. 
    Typical.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

"Wedgy" made his point then went into stubborn adherence to a myopic point of view,  he only capitulated slightly when stevegm stained his pretentious moral high ground.  If Wedgy ( appropriate name) had seen the videos above stevegm's point of view would have been tough to dispute.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: A nice sampling of MTL videos:
    [QUOTE]"Wedgy" made his point then went into stubborn adherence to a myopic point of view,  he only capitulated slightly when stevegm stained his pretentious moral high ground.  If Wedgy ( appropriate name) had seen the videos above stevegm's point of view would have been tough to dispute.  
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

It's just like his whole arguement. He does read the other threads but closes one eye blind (like all the previous "real" cheap shots) just to suit his/her views.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Brilliant post asmaha!  Thanks for pulling it together.