A Perfect Storm

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

A Perfect Storm

Now with less than two weeks before the trade deadline the Bruins GM has a perfect storm.  He has the ability to make an impact trade to catapult the Bs into Cup contention. PC has draft picks, young forwards, cap space, and a legitmate playoff team.  All that is needed to land an impact player (I am not going to play GM cause I am not that smart).

Or.... PC can tangle the above fore mentioned perfect storm trade qualities for a impact player without worry as he has a number of picks to continue to build the Bs for the future.   

So simply put which one is the best avenue to success?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Re: A Perfect Storm

Keep TOR's 1st, but everything else is fair game

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

No rentals! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Rentals only if it's the Ritz for No-Tell Motel prices.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

I going to dissapiont a few here but when I look at this current Bruins they seem to far away from being a true contender to be wasting picks on rentals.  Unless we can add a Brad Richards and a Duncan Keith we are very unlikely to do anything of note.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Rentals, Lentals, as long as he makes the team better for the 2011 run, with the POSSIBILITY of re-signing. YES BRING ON BRAD RICHARDS IF DALLAS WILL PART WITH HIM! Yes that includes the TO pick to get him here! Every shot not taken has NO CHANCE of going in!
    Sorry, but I thought the purpose of a team in the NHL was to win a Stanley Cup!

Is this what the Boston Bruins means now?

"Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser." - Stu Unger

You do whatever it takes to become a winner- Not just be a team that's hard to play against!    

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

TO pick only goes for a long term commitment. Whatever happens it will be with total management concurrence. PC will not be out on a limb. I like Wheeler on the 4th line in place of Thornton. Why do the Bruins continue to carry this unproductive load?? Also, why are they not shopping Boychuck, someone must like the way he rimms everything around the boards, even in practice where the puck can clip other Bruins.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KennyBizz. Show KennyBizz's posts

Just keep Toronto's 1st pick, Versteeg gone. next up Kaberle gone, Leafs begin a a massive fall that will lead the Bruins to a lottery selection.  Tough spot for Chia, the Beans need an upgrade on both D and O.  Kaberle would give the PP a kick in the pants, but only if he signs a new deal too. On O, just not a lot out there to help, it would be nice to see someone step up from within the Org.  I guess will find out soon enough.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

If PC is as smart as I hope he is, the offer should be a 2nd round pick this year and 3rd next year if Kaberle resigns.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tbops. Show Tbops's posts

If PC is as smart as I hope he is, the offer should be a 2nd round pick this year and 3rd next year if Kaberle resigns.

I like that idea...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Anyone could guess this but the Bs need to make a major move.  I am inclined to say now.  The chances are limited due to the fact there are only a few players who would be classed as impact players.  So I vote to make the trade.  Chances are slim in the cap world of the new NHL but it can be done if the GM has the fortitude to make hard and risky decisions.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: A Perfect Storm:
    [QUOTE]Rentals only if it's the Ritz for No-Tell Motel prices.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

hmmm No-Tel Motel prices... cutesy remark... The "rent a wreck" is not an impact player in my book.  The reason for not adding other choices was to gain a real idea on who speaks what on these boards.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

It has to be a major move depth moves aren't going to cut it.