A Proposal From CJ's Biggest Supporter

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: A Proposal From CJ's Biggest Supporter

In Response to Re: A Proposal From CJ's Biggest Supporter:
    So, we were ready to fire the coach after the MTL game. What say you now? Take my deal?
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan

I'll take your deal.CJ has done great lately from his allottment of ice time to  making in-game adjustments to suit the opposition.He'll still hear it from the peanut gallery no matter how Boston is doing but he's obviously done a great job in getting the team to shake off(not forget)the loss to Montreal.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

let's look at the numbers...246-133-78-35 lifetime record, playoff sweep vs.montreal(09),two playoff series victories(twice as many as the entire joe thornton era-9 previous), twice one victory away from the conference finals in 3 years, best record in the east two years ago, best record in the northeast now with games in hand, nearing the top spot in the eastern conference this year skating 4 rookies in the lineup!!! this guy better not be going anywhere

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Re: A Proposal From CJ's Biggest Supporter : Wait a second TTBI.........breaks on blown calls?What breaks did we receive.I'm not sure Philly's goal that may have been offside should be considered a break.You couldn't just say Boston is better than you thought could ya?You said all it would take was a 4 game win streak(which you even dropped down to 3)to have you change your tune.I actually scanned the forum last night to see what you had to say.It seems to me the half empty glass is rising up but I don't blame you for still having tempered expectations(although getting 15 of the last 20 points is impressive for any team).
    Posted by dezaruchi

I just meant the Marchand goal...replays showed the Flyers were right and the puck previous to that break out had gone into the netting & shoulda been blown for a faceoff...but you're also right that the Flyers got a tying goal on what was clearly a blown offsides call. (We also got a gift on that Recchi goal off the stancion but hey-that's part of the game.)

Glad to hear you were looking for my comments after the game! I'm flattered ;-)

Too tired last bite to post but I must admit this little run is impressive...sloppy, weird game last nite but you can't complain about a win against the conf. leaders (and a team I despise)....I think the come from behind Pitt. win is actually more impressive....and can we agree now that Kampfer is the REAL DEAL? What a shot that was on the GW goal.

I still say Stu should be shopped now along w/Ryder and/or Wheeler and/or the draft pick to see if something tantalizing shows up. Add some more scoring punch to this team (Before you mention the 6 they put up last nite remember Boucher let in some real softies) and I might start to believe again.

Love the way they're playing over the last 3 (at least w.passion if not perfection), and if they beat Pitt. tmw. that's a helluva homestand. 

Still say we're staring at a 2d round KO w/out some changes to the squad. But.....Go Bruins! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: A Proposal From CJ's Biggest Supporter : I just meant the Marchand goal...replays showed the Flyers were right and the puck previous to that break out had gone into the netting & shoulda been blown for a faceoff...but you're also right that the Flyers got a tying goal on what was clearly a blown offsides call. (We also got a gift on that Recchi goal off the stancion but hey-that's part of the game.) Glad to hear you were looking for my comments after the game! I'm flattered ;-) Too tired last bite to post but I must admit this little run is impressive...sloppy, weird game last nite but you can't complain about a win against the conf. leaders (and a team I despise)....I think the come from behind Pitt. win is actually more impressive....and can we agree now that Kampfer is the REAL DEAL? What a shot that was on the GW goal. I still say Stu should be shopped now along w/Ryder and/or Wheeler and/or the draft pick to see if something tantalizing shows up. Add some more scoring punch to this team (Before you mention the 6 they put up last nite remember Boucher let in some real softies) and I might start to believe again. Love the way they're playing over the last 3 (at least w.passion if not perfection), and if they beat Pitt. tmw. that's a helluva homestand.  Still say we're staring at a 2d round KO w/out some changes to the squad. But.....Go Bruins! 
    Posted by TryToBearIt

I'm always interested in hearing what you've got to say regardless of whether I agree.You're skepticism is a good balance for my full-blown optimism about this year's squad.In a way,I think you keep me grounded.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i love predictions being made concerning the playoffs (3 months away)and what round you'll exit(how do you know the matchups). you guys are good, send me the winning lottery numbers and just let me know who will win the cup...so i don't have to waste my time watching these stupid games. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

let's look at the numbers...246-133-78-35 lifetime record, playoff sweep vs.montreal(09),two playoff series victories(twice as many as the entire joe thornton era-9 previous), twice one victory away from the conference finals in 3 years, best record in the east two years ago, best record in the northeast now with games in hand, nearing the top spot in the eastern conference this year skating 4 rookies in the lineup!!! this guy better not be going anywhere
    Posted by adkbeesfan

Nice to hear from a CJ supporter as all of the things you've just mentioned are usually left out of the fire CJ threads.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

dezaruchi...why is it you me and one other guy are the only backers of clode?  let's not forget they have been the best defensive team in the league since his arrival.  i guess 29 coaches should be fired every year-

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

dezaruchi...why is it you me and one other guy are the only backers of clode?  let's not forget they have been the best defensive team in the league since his arrival.  i guess 29 coaches should be fired every year-
    Posted by adkbeesfan

On the one hand,Boston fans have short memories(Dave Lewis' Bruins weren't that long ago).On the other hand,we can never forget the many losses since the last cup in 72.For that reason alone,I can understand (I guess)why nothing about the team will ever be good enough until we win it all.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

no kidding, the canadiens were my reoccuring nightmare growing up. glad to exercise those demons two years ago... it's at least a start. i think the personnel fits this system just right- we've got to give clode his due, he, in my opinion has earned it. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

no kidding, the canadiens were my reoccuring nightmare growing up. glad to exercise those demons two years ago... it's at least a start. i think the personnel fits this system just right- we've got to give clode his due, he, in my opinion has earned it. 
    Posted by adkbeesfan

You'll get no argument from me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

If anyone here can tell me another coach the Bruins can go get and guarantee the Bruins winning the cup please let me know.  Going to the final just won't cut it,  this new coach must win it all. Does Belichick know hockey ?  Wait a minute,  he's not even a guarantee in football. Nevermind. See DC ,  fans can moan and whine all they want but I'm willing to bet 1000$nobody can pick that coach.  In the end if Julien does get canned and this new coach wins the cup with the Bruins it'll be money well spent for me.
    Posted by BsLegion

I pick myself over Stanley and guarantee a Stanley.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

You move 07
    Player Name
    Birthdate Age Pos. GP G A Pts PIM +/-
    Brad Boyes To St. Louis 1982-04-17 24 C 62 13 21 34 25 -17
    Brandon Bochenski From Chicago 1982-04-04 24 R 31 11 11 22 14 3
    Paul Mara To NY Rangers 1979-09-07 26 D 59 3 15 18 95 -22
    Brad Stuart To Calgary 1979-11-06 26 D 48 7 10 17 26 -22
    Shean Donovan   1975-01-22 31 R 76 6 11 17 56 -13
    Mark Mowers   1974-02-16 32 C 78 5 12 17 26 -10
    Wayne Primeau To Calgary 1976-06-04 30 C 51 7 8 15 75 -15
    Petr Tenkrat   1977-05-31 29 R 64 9 5 14 34 -16
    Stanislav Chistov From Anaheim 1983-04-17 23 L 60 5 8 13 36 -8
    Andrew Alberts   1981-06-30 25 D 76 0 10 10 124 -15
    Jason York   1970-05-20 36 D 49 1 7 8 32 -14
      Petr Kalus   1987-06-29 19 R 9 4 1 5 6 0
    Milan Jurcina To Washington 1983-06-07 23 D 40 2 1 3 20 -5
    Bobby Allen   1978-11-14 27 D 31 0 3 3 10 -1
    Matt Lashoff   1986-09-29 19 D 12 0 2 2 12 -6
    Yan Stastny   1982-09-30 23 C 21 0 2 2 19 -3
    Jeff Hoggan   1978-02-01 28 W 46 0 2 2 33 -8
    Wade Brookbank   1977-09-29 28 W 7 1 0 1 15 -1
    Nathan Dempsey   1974-07-14 32 D 17 0 1 1 6 -2

08 add ==some added at year end of 07
    Chuck Kobasew   1982-04-17 25 R 73 22 17 39 29 6
    Glen Metropolit   1974-06-25 33 C 82 11 22 33 36 -3
    Milan Lucic   1988-06-07 19 L 77 8 19 27 89 -2
    David Krejci   1986-04-28 21 C 56 6 21 27 20 -3
    Peter Schaefer   1977-07-12 30 L 63 9 17 26 18 4
    Andrew Ference   1979-03-17 28 D 59 1 14 15 50 -14
    Shane Hnidy From Anaheim 1975-11-08 31 D 43 1 4 5 41 -4
    Matt Hunwick   1985-05-21 22 D 13 0 1 1 4 -1

Pc pulled the trigger and added players for Cj, but that wasn`t as much the change as the deletion of some and that continued throughoutn the year.

To say that the B`s improved only because of Cj is absurd, just as it is absurd to say that CJ had nothing to do with the turn around.

Cj has improved the team since he came, but it is his failures that far outway his winnings. As noted he has a great winning % but his failure to win 2 game 7`s back to back is staggering. His unwinning streak a year ago almost cost us a playoff entry. His setting history with an up 3-0 and 3-0 in game 7 and losing was unbearable.  His stubbornness to play one way and not adjust is what was losing and he would not or could not comprehend changes were bneeded. Roll 4 is poss the worst but the 4th out to end games is just as bad, playing Rec the 4th most mins of forwards and 2nd in PP mins to only Chara.

Of late he has progressed. I would say since Christmas, he has changed and is coaching better, I don`t mind the SO loss to Buf or even win over Phi, it shows he is adaptable, he has changed his lines forward and D for injuries and had success, where he did not last year.  It is his PP that needs work, his spreading or unspreading of ice time, his use of 4th line thyat can cause his downfall.  The team is rolling right now as Dez said 15/20 points is excellent, the loss to Mon not totally his fault as wicked pinball effects defied the laws of acceptable hockey and the hockey gods cursed us.

BUT, just as they were losing was not all his fault, so is the fact that they are winning again not all his accomplishment either. The team is getting better, because the hired help is getting better and hopefully healthier. March, Berg, Camp, Kampf, Seg Wheel are getting better every game right before our eyes.  So when Hort Luc Sav Ryd and Krej be all that they can be, we will be a challenger for the cup as long as Cj coaches. By coaching I mean adapting to the game as it goes not following his rut that the game will be fine if I roll 4 and play the last 5 mins to win.

He needs to play to win, not to, play not to lose.

I hope he does the unthinkable and win the cup, apparently the earth is off it`s axis, so CJ`s days are now shortened.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

What constitutes turning this ship around? I'll set the bar high, to make the deal sweeter for you: At least a third round appearance. If he makes it to the third round, you guys lay off until his contract is up. If he doesn't, you can continue to bash. However, if he makes it to the second round, you can't keep calling him the  "dumbest coach in sports," "clueless," etc.

OK DC reading what a few people on here are saying that CJ seems to be changing things a little. I will tell you what.

I will lay off on wanting the guys head immediately if.....he doesn't put the 4th line out there when the B's have a 1 goal lead, or down a goal with 5 min left in the 3rd.

If he learns how to take time out.

If he gets to the 3rd round & the team wins 1 game.

So, we'll see what happens.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

I will lay off on wanting the guys head immediately if.....he doesn't put the 4th line out there when the B's have a 1 goal lead, or down a goal with 5 min left in the 3rd.
    Posted by nitemare-38

Too late another game it happens.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

Time too can Julie Ann!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

We will win the next 2 games for our fans ..its a promise Tyler
    Posted by TylerSeguin

OFF TOPIC

What would everyone here do if we some day found out that TylerSeguin was indeed Tyler Seguin?  Or for that matter if we found out any player was on these boards with us.  It's kind of funny to think about as unlikely as it seems, I'm sure it's happening somewhere in proffessional sports.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: A Proposal From CJ's Biggest Supporter : OFF TOPIC What would everyone here do if we some day found out that TylerSeguin was indeed Tyler Seguin?  Or for that matter if we found out any player was on these boards with us.  It's kind of funny to think about as unlikely as it seems, I'm sure it's happening somewhere in proffessional sports.
    Posted by RickyHussle

I wouldn't doubt if some players might get curious about what the fans are thinking but I'm sure most don't concern themselves.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

It would take a v ery secure person to read the hate threads that go on here and if they tried half the stuff suggested of them their careers would be over.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

It would take a v ery secure person to read the hate threads that go on here and if they tried half the stuff suggested of them their careers would be over.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

Off topic but you're ahead of me and Shupe in the pool so far.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

I think that is not good for you either, I am tied for 7291.  Berg better pick me some today, what a time to get shutout.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I think that is not good for you either, I am tied for 7291.  Berg better pick me some today, what a time to get shutout.

It stinks that I took Cam Ward this week.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

The 3 of us are separated by only 4 points.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: A Proposal From CJ's Biggest Supporter : On the one hand,Boston fans have short memories(Dave Lewis' Bruins weren't that long ago).On the other hand,we can never forget the many losses since the last cup in 72.For that reason alone,I can understand (I guess)why nothing about the team will ever be good enough until we win it all.
    Posted by dezaruchi

I'm a Claude backer too... I just have grown so tired of these threads that I don't respond anymore. A win today and Boston is the second seed in the East.

Why would we get rid of the coach when we're in second place in the conference?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: A Proposal From CJ's Biggest Supporter : I'm a Claude backer too... I just have grown so tired of these threads that I don't respond anymore. A win today and Boston is the second seed in the East. Why would we get rid of the coach when we're in second place in the conference?
    Posted by red75

I totally agree  Red.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

It's not always about winning. It's how you win. Everything is doubled come play-off time. CJ has shown he only has one gear, where other coaches have 3. He could have the team 2nd in conference. Imagine where the team could be if he would change a few things.

Sections
Shortcuts