A Real Purse Swinger...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

A Real Purse Swinger...

I've seen more frightening aggression at my daughter's daycare, although a little less biting and hair-pulling from those kids...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/alex-burrows-attacks-pulls-phil-kessel-lustrous-head-055159235--nhl.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Re: A Real Purse Swinger...

Never was a Kessel fan, but I'd love to see him whip Burrow's butt.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

He bites players fingers and pulls their hair..Just a matter of time before he kicks a player in the groin. I can see him and Alexander Semin being a fair fight, but it would have to be at the mall.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

Sad thing is fletch, no one to root for. Sitting here asking myself who I hate more! Burrows I guess. Got to give him credit he Went right for kessels achillies heel, that pretend. Hairline haha!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

HNIC showed video of a couple of previous jousting matches between these two over the last couple of years. Elliotte Friedman mentioned that weasel Burrows hasn't scored in almost a calendar year and has points in only three games this season. He's backed up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

A simultaneous one punch knock-out to both players would've been a perfect ending to that one.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I'm not sure either guy hits hard enough to knock the other one out.  A fat lip is probably the best you could hope for, along with the scratches, bite marks, and hair loss...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

What's great for me is Burrows antics are back up but his point production is way down. Perfect scenario in watching his demise. He'll be a 4th line antagonist for Florida, Montreal or Dallas soon enough.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I'm not sure either guy hits hard enough to knock the other one out.  A fat lip is probably the best you could hope for, along with the scratches, bite marks, and hair loss...

Im not sure Fletch.  Kessel put a thumping to that Sabre after he put the axe to Scott.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

What's great for me is Burrows antics are back up but his point production is way down. Perfect scenario in watching his demise. He'll be a 4th line antagonist for Florida, Montreal or Dallas soon enough.

Perfect fit.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Perfect fit.

Wouldnt shock me if a player got Burrows jersey over is head and he had a Habs one on underneath.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

cat fight!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

It looks like Phat Phil got some Hair extensions for the Olympics,looks good!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Madhouse27. Show Madhouse27's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Perfect fit.

Wouldnt shock me if a player got Burrows jersey over is head and he had a Habs one on underneath.

Lol, good one K!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Jesus 50below, that should come with a warning...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

It looks like Phat Phil got some Hair extensions for the Olympics,looks good!

Seriously, take out the beard and it's her.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Jesus 50below, that should come with a warning...

Lol, sorry.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I don't hate Kessel. I'm totally Thankful that he wanted out of Boston. Like him or not, he's a great player, but he didn't want to be a Bruin & he let that be known. I respect that of him, because how many times have we seen a guy get signed to team for a lot of money for a lot of years & he doesn't perform. And if he's not in a happy environment the chances of that increase. The other thing is that I think considering how the Bruin fans treat the guy he keeps to himself pretty good. He doesn't show up the Bruins, or the fans, he doesn't mouth off to the media. And he has every right to do so. I think we need to grow up, because to me. Kessel certainly has & continues to do so. But I certainly hate Burrows & his pansy antics are not surprising at all.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

I don't hate Kessel. I'm totally Thankful that he wanted out of Boston. Like him or not, he's a great player, but he didn't want to be a Bruin & he let that be known. I respect that of him, because how many times have we seen a guy get signed to team for a lot of money for a lot of years & he doesn't perform. And if he's not in a happy environment the chances of that increase. The other thing is that I think considering how the Bruin fans treat the guy he keeps to himself pretty good. He doesn't show up the Bruins, or the fans, he doesn't mouth off to the media. And he has every right to do so. I think we need to grow up, because to me. Kessel certainly has & continues to do so. But I certainly hate Burrows & his pansy antics are not surprising at all.

I agree with all that mostly, and I really don't have anything against Kessel (look forward to rooting for him again this week).

But you have to admit, there is something about him that just beckons mocking.

Maybe it's how he always looks so dopey, or his notoriously lackluster work ethic, or the last-picked at All-Star game thing, or whatever.  The Jeopardy picture was hilarious.  The video of him huffing and puffing on the bike was hilarious.  The stories of avoiding the weight room and mop haired, double-chin appearance are just too much.

He's just so mockable.  Combine that with his somewhat lame departure from Boston and I think he'll always be a playful target of fan jokes, which is what this is.

That said, he a great player and probably a decent guy.  I actually stuck up for him in the John Scott affair, and I wish that he pounded the daylights out of Burrows. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I agree with all that mostly, and I really don't have anything against Kessel (look forward to rooting for him again this week).

But you have to admit, there is something about him that just beckons mocking.

Maybe it's how he always looks so dopey, or his notoriously lackluster work ethic, or the last-picked at All-Star game thing, or whatever.  The Jeopardy picture was hilarious.  The video of him huffing and puffing on the bike was hilarious.  The stories of avoiding the weight room and mop haired, double-chin appearance are just too much.

He's just so mockable.  Combine that with his somewhat lame departure from Boston and I think he'll always be a playful target of fan jokes, which is what this is.

That said, he a great player and probably a decent guy.  I actually stuck up for him in the John Scott affair, and I wish that he pounded the daylights out of Burrows. 

I can see the issue's of why he's a target, but I think there's other players in the league that deserve that kind of treatment more. Like an Alex Burrows is a prime example. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I can see the issue's of why he's a target, but I think there's other players in the league that deserve that kind of treatment more. Like an Alex Burrows is a prime example. 

Agreed on that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Good point.  Kessel is what he is.  And he's pretty good at it.

I like to watch him, and I had a little smile when he chopped Scott.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Burrow's is one step away from a full blown cognitive disorder -- Pretty soon -- in a total state of confusion -- he'll be pulling fingers and biting hair.

When your a smaller guy -- getting involved with a mutant like Scott -- a little stick action is all you can do. It was bacically how guys like Steve Casper and Stump Burridge served notice in their day. The thought of a couple lumberjack shots kept some of the big guys looking over their shoulders. Burrows' antics have no redeeming value at all.  

Sections
Shortcuts