A Review Of The Bruins' Stanley Cup DVD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

A Review Of The Bruins' Stanley Cup DVD

My copy is supposed to arrive on Friday but in case anyone is interested, here's a review of the DVD from Puck Daddy.
    http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Review-Boston-Bruins-2011-Stanley-Cup-Champions?urn=nhl-wp9342

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: A Review Of The Bruins' Stanley Cup DVD

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=121003&navid=mod-rr-headlines

"(Hey, ayy, ayy, ayy) You steady chasin' that paper, Just live your life (Oh, ayy, ayy, ayy)...Ain't got no time for no haters Just live your life!"

PS. Brad stop kissin dudes on the neck Tongue out

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: A Review Of The Bruins' Stanley Cup DVD:
    [QUOTE]http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=121003&navid=mod-rr-headlines "(Hey, ayy, ayy, ayy) You steady chasin' that paper, Just live your life (Oh, ayy, ayy, ayy)...Ain't got no time for no haters Just live your life!" PS. Brad stop kissin dudes on the neck
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Marchand's a cut-up, eh Dawg?  Looks like wherever he goes, that's where the party is.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Review Of The Bruins' Stanley Cup DVD : Marchand's a cut-up, eh Dawg?  Looks like wherever he goes, that's where the party is.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

Will Marchand be this generation's "Turk"???

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Review Of The Bruins' Stanley Cup DVD : Will Marchand be this generation's "Turk"???
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]

jalvis - I like the sound of that. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

I like the 24/7 point.  I would love to see a 24/7 of the Stanley Cup Final in future years...it would be amazing.

I'm not sure teams would be willing to participate but I will hope anyways.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

My favorite part of the Blu-Ray was the on ice commentary in the bonus section

Ference to Sedin after a ridiculous dive: "Aww, you gonna be okay?"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to A Review Of The Bruins' Stanley Cup DVD:
    [QUOTE]My copy is supposed to arrive on Friday but in case anyone is interested, here's a review of the DVD from Puck Daddy. http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Review-Boston-Bruins-2011-Stanley-Cup-Champions?urn=nhl-wp9342

Thanks for the link, Rich....I have to admit, tho' that I stopped reading at the mention of "spoiler alert" b/c I do want to watch it with the expectation of the unexpected.

i skimmed down to see the overall grade of "B"...so I'm cautiously optimistic, and still hoping NESN does its own version.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Review Of The Bruins' Stanley Cup DVD : Will Marchand be this generation's "Turk"???
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]

Let's hope not . Turk ended up living on a park bench .

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Review Of The Bruins' Stanley Cup DVD : Let's hope not . Turk ended up living on a park bench .
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

I remember hearing an interview with him where he said, "the doctors told me that I'm addicted to 11 different drugs.  Heck....I can't even NAME 11 different drugs!!"

Let's hope Marchand keeps that part of it out of his game.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Review Of The Bruins' Stanley Cup DVD : I remember hearing an interview with him where he said, "the doctors told me that I'm addicted to 11 different drugs.  Heck....I can't even NAME 11 different drugs!!" Let's hope Marchand keeps that part of it out of his game.
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]

jalvis - Wasn't Sanderson part of a Playboy Club type venture called Bacherlor's Three with Namath and Ken Harrelson in the early 70's? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to A Review Of The Bruins' Stanley Cup DVD : Thanks for the link, Rich....I have to admit, tho' that I stopped reading at the mention of "spoiler alert" b/c I do want to watch it with the expectation of the unexpected. i skimmed down to see the overall grade of "B"...so I'm cautiously optimistic, and still hoping NESN does its own version.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

TTBI - Have you heard any word NESN will produce one of their own? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Review Of The Bruins' Stanley Cup DVD : TTBI - Have you heard any word NESN will produce one of their own? 

I've heard "rumblings" that they will...nothing I can link to for proof positive, tho'...but considering that they made the "Faith Rewarded" DVD after Red Sox '04 (and did another stand-alone for the '07 win as well) I have to believe they'll come up w/a Bruins '11 special. (Especially since they are the flagship station for Sox and Bruins and have access to so much regular season material that others may not.)

let's keep our fingers crossed...can't possibly get enough specials on the amazing 2011 victory.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: A Review Of The Bruins' Stanley Cup DVD:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Review Of The Bruins' Stanley Cup DVD : Marchand's a cut-up, eh Dawg?  Looks like wherever he goes, that's where the party is. Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

The look on Thornton's face was priceless RHO!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hibachibbq3. Show hibachibbq3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Review Of The Bruins' Stanley Cup DVD : I've heard "rumblings" that they will...nothing I can link to for proof positive, tho'...but considering that they made the "Faith Rewarded" DVD after Red Sox '04 (and did another stand-alone for the '07 win as well) I have to believe they'll come up w/a Bruins '11 special. (Especially since they are the flagship station for Sox and Bruins and have access to so much regular season material that others may not.) let's keep our fingers crossed...can't possibly get enough specials on the amazing 2011 victory.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on this one TTBI.  I was not overly impressed with the Official NHL DVD after seeing it last night.

Too much important stuff graced over or not mentioned at all.  That being said, I'm not gonna spoil it for the folks who haven't seen it yet.

Here's hoping that NESN puts out the unofficial version.  And a Jack Edwards as Narrator role wouldn't be too bad either.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Review Of The Bruins' Stanley Cup DVD : Let's hope not . Turk ended up living on a park bench .

I agree.  That is not the route we want for Brad.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krispy73. Show Krispy73's posts

"Will Marchand be this generation's "Turk"???"

Park benches aside....

No, Marchand couldn't hold a candle to the charisma Sanderson had and still has. Not in a million years. I know you men are all sporting a mad pants tent over him though.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Review Of The Bruins' Stanley Cup DVD : jalvis - Wasn't Sanderson part of a Playboy Club type venture called Bacherlor's Three with Namath and Ken Harrelson in the early 70's? 

RHO, I googled and found this :

Along with former Boston Red Sox baseball star Ken "The Hawk" Harrelson and the New York Jets star football quarterback Joe Namath, Sanderson opened "Bachelors III", a trendy nightclub on New York City’s Upper East Side. Negative publicity over some of the clubs less than reputable patrons led to problems and eventually Sanderson had to get out of what went from a "goldmine" to a money-losing venture.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Sandog. It's Christmas time. Del Mar opens today.

Today's special - R8 #6
    Also - R9 #9

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Chowda, he was living in the park and sleeping on the benches.

But he ended up managing financial portfolios for past and present players, and has been doing so for many years now. This after many years as the analyst on the Bruin telecasts.

All of this possible because of the intervention of one Bobby Orr.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krispy73. Show Krispy73's posts

The DVD is chock full of Michael Ryder, boys! Enjoy! :P

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

i see marchand as more of a mckenzie. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Review Of The Bruins' Stanley Cup DVD : Chowda, he was living in the park and sleeping on the benches. But he ended up managing financial portfolios for past and present players, and has been doing so for many years now. This after many years as the analyst on the Bruin telecasts. All of this possible because of the intervention of one Bobby Orr.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

Ya Wheat I knew this also . Great story. Would you know if he's still doing this ?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]i see marchand as more of a mckenzie. 
    Posted by Karl-Hungus[/QUOTE]

I agree Karl. Same type of player.