A shutout, TT, Benoit, skating stooge, JJ and tequilla

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Re: A shutout, TT, Benoit, skating stooge, JJ and tequilla

Would you really prefer for someone who flattended Seguin to have Bergeron go after them and risk an injury to the teams keystone vs having Thornton pummeling them at the next opportunity? Given that he's fastest guy on the blueline do you really want Ference breaking his hand on assclowns like Moen or  Konopka? If you do stop watching hockey.

In Response to Re: A shutout, TT, Benoit, skating stooge, JJ and tequilla:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: A shutout, TT, Benoit, skating stooge, JJ and tequilla : Big Sopranos fan. Really, does this team need an official cement head when you've got 4 regular players in the lineup who are pretty decent fighers? If Thornton and Lucic and Chara were out, it wouldn't be like it would be a girl scout troop or something even worse, the Buffalo Sabers.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsIn4. Show BruinsIn4's posts

I thought Chara was our Nuclear Option.  There is nobody in hockey as intimidating as the Big Z.  Then we have Lucic, who's intimidation level is approaching nuclear.  And both those boys can play.  I really like ST as an olde-style goon, but I think his time here is coming to an end.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]If Thornton isn't in the line-up tonite the boys will get run by Neil,  Carkner and Smith.  We don't need cheap shots on Bergy, Seguin, and Horton not yet ready to fight....so with Thornton in the line-up there will be no cheap shots.  Yes, Lucic can fight/ take care of himself but we don't want him fighting every single game.  Thornton has a role...it's called intimidation. 
    Posted by Couldthisbetheyear[/QUOTE]
    Neil and Carkner don't give a 2nd thought to whether or not Thornton dresses. Yeah, he fights anybody but I don't think any of the league's heavyweights are afraid of (or care about) Thornton.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Tequila got my attention.....yet mentioning Pouliot is the reason for commenting. He seems to be keeping his stick down, he has tremendous energy for the third line, and he has the confidence of CJ.  I always like his laser shot, even better than Horton at this point of the season.  

The nuclear option (nice remark Red) is not necessary.  McQuaid does not need to fight for no one wants to tangle.  Thornton does have the chemistry thing with the team, according to team management and some media types.  I hate to admit it but NAS is correct, time to cut the chord with the skating clown.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Would you really prefer for someone who flattended Seguin to have Bergeron go after them and risk an injury to the teams keystone vs having Thornton pummeling them at the next opportunity? Given that he's fastest guy on the blueline do you really want Ference breaking his hand on assclowns like Moen or  Konopka? If you do stop watching hockey. In Response to Re: A shutout, TT, Benoit, skating stooge, JJ and tequilla :
    Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]

I'll take none of those options. 

Surely there must be another cement head out there who can provide a little more ad far as the actual skills.

I'll bet everything I have there's a unsigned guy out there somewhere who is at least as good a fighter and has better skills.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

I think Thorntons limitations have become more apparent this year as the alure of his "career year" (stats-wise) in 2010/11 wears off. People stood up for him and his limited skills because he scored 10 goals last year. An argument could be made with those numbers that he contribues more then the average pugilist and could be tolerated.

Now, as he has come back to earth stats-wise, the debate begins once again. Do the B"s really need him night in and night out?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]I think Thorntons limitations have become more apparent this year as the alure of his "career year" (stats-wise) in 2010/11 wears off. People stood up for him and his limited skills because he scored 10 goals last year. An argument could be made with those numbers that he contribues more then the average pugilist and could be tolerated. Now, as he has come back to earth stats-wise, the debate begins once again. Do the B"s really need him night in and night out?
    Posted by jaywall[/QUOTE]

There's only one guy's opinion which matters on this topic and his name isn't Badhab.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A shutout, TT, Benoit, skating stooge, JJ and tequilla : There's only one guy's opinion which matters on this topic and his name isn't Badhab.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]
    Do you mean Julien or PC? I think they'd both have a relevant stance regarding Thornton.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A shutout, TT, Benoit, skating stooge, JJ and tequilla : There's only one guy's opinion which matters on this topic and his name isn't Badhab.

I was about to say that Camara probably could step into that slot right now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A shutout, TT, Benoit, skating stooge, JJ and tequilla : I was about to say that Camara probably could step into that slot right now.
    Cheeky.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Giesse. Show Giesse's posts

I'm buying into the TEAM being more than simply the sum of its parts.  Claude Julien and Peter Chiarelli certainly have my confidence. For my money (and part of this is for entertainment value, not simply statistical prowess) Shawn Thornton gives some of the most refreshingly candid sound bites.  His responses are often wry and witty, which frankly surprises me after all the pounding he has taken.
    And count me as one who is glad to see Pouliot's improvement.  His backstory is not a happy one (bearing in mind that he has also not always been his own best friend.)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A shutout, TT, Benoit, skating stooge, JJ and tequilla : When what we think causes us to buy a ticket or not, they care.

After adding replies -- theres a selection on the bottom right stating "delete reply". You should have used it on this one.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A shutout, TT, Benoit, skating stooge, JJ and tequilla : After adding replies -- theres a selection on the bottom right stating "delete reply". You should have used it on this one.
    Posted by zamboni24[/QUOTE]
    Zam, were you as surprised as I was that Thornton didn't see an opportunity to fight against the Sens? I thought he'd fight Carkner just to say "hey, you can't be scrapping our goal scorers"........That was quite a scrap between he and Lucic.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A shutout, TT, Benoit, skating stooge, JJ and tequilla : Zam, were you as surprised as I was that Thornton didn't see an opportunity to fight against the Sens? I thought he'd fight Carkner just to say "hey, you can't be scrapping our goal scorers"........That was quite a scrap between he and Lucic.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I think if Looch didn't fair as well -- Thornton may have stepped up a little more. Let's face it -- he knows his roll but he doesn't kill himself every day a practice to sit in the penalty box. I know theres a lot of haters ot there but I just think the guy brings a lot of intangebles to the team. I look back at a totally lifeless team not that long ago. This team has come a long way and guys like ST are part of that building process. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A shutout, TT, Benoit, skating stooge, JJ and tequilla : I think if Looch didn't fair as well -- Thornton may have stepped up a little more. Let's face it -- he knows his roll but he doesn't kill himself every day a practice to sit in the penalty box. I know theres a lot of haters ot there but I just think the guy brings a lot of intangebles to the team. I look back at a totally lifeless team not that long ago. This team has come a long way and guys like ST are part of that building process. 
    Posted by zamboni24[/QUOTE]
    You've got some good points. I just can't help wondering if he needs to dress for 82 games. I'm not suggesting to cut him. Just cut back on his games a bit. That's just an opinion though. Cheers!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A shutout, TT, Benoit, skating stooge, JJ and tequilla : I was about to say that Camara probably could step into that slot right now.

Given your track record on hockey comments I have one suggestion..........stick to posts that have humour in them.

I now have zero expectations of Camara making the NHL.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A shutout, TT, Benoit, skating stooge, JJ and tequilla : You've got some good points. I just can't help wondering if he needs to dress for 82 games. I'm not suggesting to cut him. Just cut back on his games a bit. That's just an opinion though. Cheers!

A good opinion at that -- Would hate to see it but definately makes sense. Teams like Montreal with more speedy smrufs running around would seem logical. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A shutout, TT, Benoit, skating stooge, JJ and tequilla : Given your track record on hockey comments I have one suggestion..........stick to posts that have humour in them. I now have zero expectations of Camara making the NHL.

Chowda, you're a dirty, lowdown......link poster.

Let's all be nice now.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A shutout, TT, Benoit, skating stooge, JJ and tequilla : Chowda, you're a dirty, lowdown......link poster. Let's all be nice now.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

Wheats - thanks for covering my back!

Enforcers should read this to know how it's done.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A shutout, TT, Benoit, skating stooge, JJ and tequilla : Chowda, you're a dirty, lowdown......link poster. Let's all be nice now.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

It's amazing how you're oblivious to the sarcastic posting going back and forth between Badhab and myself. First Hamilton's skating , now this.

Zoom ! Right over your head .

P.S. Badhab is coming over to my place for xmas to show me how a fight ends in the men's leagues in Boston. He first has to get permission from his parole officer to cross the border.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A shutout, TT, Benoit, skating stooge, JJ and tequilla : It's amazing how you're oblivious to the sarcastic posting going back and forth between Badhab and myself. First Hamilton's skating , now this. Zoom ! Right over your head . P.S. Badhab is coming over to my place for xmas to show me how a fight ends in the men's leagues in Boston. He first has to get permission from his parole officer to cross the border.

I feel like I'm lying in the center line of the highway as the cars zoom beside and over me.

Hamilton's skating?  You mean Camara's skating?  I think Hamilton is good skater actually.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A shutout, TT, Benoit, skating stooge, JJ and tequilla : I feel like I'm lying in the center line of the highway as the cars zoom beside and over me. Hamilton's skating?  You mean Camara's skating?  I think Hamilton is good skater actually.

No Hamilton. Different conversation. Sarcasm, then I got scolded by Wheat because of his 3 days of rookie camp. Boy, you rookie camp guys !

In Response to Re: Dougie Hamilton Question? : Me too. Chowda will love this, but for the 3 hours (not a whole day as he suggested) I watched him at prospect camp I was very impressed. I think he's the real deal.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Hamilton's skating needs work . From what I hear it wasn't very good for those 3 hours.

In Response to Re: Dougie Hamilton Question? : Hamilton's skating needs work . From what I hear it wasn't very good for those 3 hours.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Then the scolding by Wheat:

Having attended the development camp and watched Doug for three days, believe me he has no problem skating. Both backwards and forward.

In fact, he is quite fluid in his skating, in both directions. He is very quick on his feet when having to adjust inside or outside when moving backwards. Skating will be a strong suit for him once in the NHL.

-------------

Zoom !

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

My apologies, Chowda! I read the thread in a cursory manner, and didn't catch the drift of the banter.

My apologies again.
    If you ever need a hand - just let me know.