A sign of the times - good times

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

A sign of the times - good times

So the BadHab is clearing out his hockey closet and selling it off on ebay.  There was a Bruins hat that was too big for me and all kinds of team jersies, Red Wings, Leafs, yes - even a couple of Habs jersies, and a Habs polo shirt.

Get this, not one eBayer has even looked at the Habs polo shirt.  Not one!
    To put this in perspective a cassette player has been looked at by 10 people in the same amount of time and has even gotten a bid on it.  A cassette deck.

Meanwhile, no bids and no one has even looked at the Habs polo shirt.  I am asking $6 for it with free shipping - and no takers and not even a looker!

I've had Wings, Leafs, Bruins, Rangers, Stars, Devils - all sold and all got lots of traffic.

As a matter of fact, out of all the obscure stuff I've sold on eBay, NEVER has an item never even been looked at.

Says to me those Habbie fans are dejected to an extreme.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: A sign of the times - good times

Yuck !

Montreal Canadiens est 1917 blue polo shirt - free shipping

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

How about that? 
    Just one person has looked at the polo shirt. 
    Might not even have been a Habs fan tho, probably just some guy who's bored because he's not in a death grip battle with NAS today

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Hm.  Where's Kennedy when you need him?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

There has to be a story behind this lame Hab jersey ? I mean how in the heck this did this jersey come into your possession ? and why isn't under your sink as a rag that is only taken out to polish some household brass ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: A sign of the times - good times:
    [QUOTE]There has to be a story behind this lame Hab jersey ? I mean how in the heck this did this jersey come into your possession ? and why isn't under your sink as a rag that is only taken out to polish some household brass ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Closet Habs fan !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]How about that?  Just one person has looked at the polo shirt.  Might not even have been a Habs fan tho, probably just some guy who's bored because he's not in a death grip battle with NAS today
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

.......and so bored that I'm reading the Habman's jokes. On my way for an afternoon nap after that one.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

It's on my watch list...Your not selling the jerseys?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

No story, I just had a lot of NHL stuff.

I call myself principally a hockey fan with the Bruins being the team I like the best.

In the closet right now are Devils, Stars and Red Wings hooded sweatshirts.  A Bruins t-shirt and the res are gone.

Altho I will admit after the Thornton trade I was extremely disgruntled, stopped watching the NHL and started thinking about pledging allegiance to another team, but I couldn't find one I would be happy with.

For another team it would have to be an original 6, but then it falls apart from there.  Certainly not the Rangers, Habs or Leafs.  And Detroit and Chicago are too physically far away, too unfamiliar with the cities for me to relate to.

And why polish brass with it when I know I can get money for it, and some Habbie will be gleefully wearing it never knowing a Bruins fan owned it.  Ha!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]It's on my watch list...Your not selling the jerseys?
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

The other jerseys have all been sold.

The only ones that didn't sell were some obscure 'Bobcats' jersies that were prototypes of a team that never got off the ground, I can donate them to my pickup game where they happen to match the colors.

I'm not sure about selling the shirt to you, this forum isn't supposed to be used for comercial purposes.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Can I buy your hab merchandise with the condition you set them on fire and burn them and post the pictures here on the board?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

I was thinking the same thing! LOL
    [QUOTE]Can I buy your hab merchandise with the condition you set them on fire and burn them and post the pictures here on the board?
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Can I buy your hab merchandise with the condition you set them on fire and burn them and post the pictures here on the board?
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]

There could be a bidding war for that.

What I'm wondering about is , Husband is a software engineer + wife works for a law firm which = $$$$$$$$$$$$$. Why the heck is the cheapo trying to get a few bucks out of an item kicking around in the closet for years ? Just goes to show you the saying is true , when you have a lot of $$$$$$$$$$ it never is enough . You want more.

Donate the darn thing so an underprivileged person can wear it ( although they might not want it in Sudbury, Mass.) or like sandog says throw it in the rag bag and use it for cleaning.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]I was thinking the same thing! LOL In Response to Re: A sign of the times - good times :
    Posted by TomOBrien[/QUOTE]

Yes, I would do that.  I do brush burning so I would have some decent burning pictures.  If that were the condition and for whatever reason the pictures don't come out, I'd refund the money.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A sign of the times - good times : There could be a bidding war for that.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Why would there be a bidding war?  If the first person pays $1.00, the shirt gets set on fire.  Should someone else wish to pay more, the end result would be the same.

That's a pretty dumb statement.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A sign of the times - good times : There could be a bidding war for that. What I'm wondering about is , Husband is a software engineer + wife works for a law firm which = $$$$$$$$$$$$$. Why the heck is the cheapo trying to get a few bucks out of an item kicking around in the closet for years ? Just goes to show you the saying is true , when you have a lot of $$$$$$$$$$ it never is enough . You want more. Donate the darn thing so an underprivileged person can wear it ( although they might not want it in Sudbury, Mass.) or like sandog says throw it in the rag bag and use it for cleaning.

One word might explain this a bit:
    DIVORCE.
    There were no kids and I don't pay alimony, but my ex fought me to death over the house which I did all the work on, got my friends and relatives on the cheap while she worked on her career.  Took all my savings and 2/3 of my retirement.  She was ridiculously underpaid and I had issue with that, but divorce mediation favors women I think.  So I had to borrow money to keep the house.

One month after we're divorced we pulls down a 6 figure job with stock options.  Threatens to quit because she can't finish her book on internet security - so they give her a month off with pay to do that.  And then she starts he own internet security company.  I know she now owns a triple decker in Providence and might have a plane.

Yes, the badhab is bitter.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A sign of the times - good times : Why would there be a bidding war?  If the first person pays $1.00, the shirt gets set on fire.  Should someone else wish to pay more, the end result would be the same. That's a pretty dumb statement.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

The only way it could happen is if the Hab fans got wind of it (if I published that in the description) and they were bidding to save the shirt.

However, they aren't looking at it.  The only traffic the shirt is seeing is from you guys.  The Hab fans are off tying a noose somewhere or crying in their poutine or something.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A sign of the times - good times : One word might explain this a bit: DIVORCE. There were no kids and I don't pay alimony, but my ex fought me to death over the house which I did all the work on, got my friends and relatives on the cheap while she worked on her career.  Took all my savings and 2/3 of my retirement.  She was ridiculously underpaid and I had issue with that, but divorce mediation favors women I think.  So I had to borrow money to keep the house. One month after we're divorced we pulls down a 6 figure job with stock options.  Threatens to quit because she can't finish her book on internet security - so they give her a month off with pay to do that.  And then she starts he own internet security company.  I know she now owns a triple decker in Providence and might have a plane. Yes, the badhab is bitter.

Wow ! After reading that I think I'll get a bidding war going to up the price on it with the fire starters, Hab fans and me to donate to the Badhab fund relief.

P.S. She owns a plane but badhab owns a rink.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A sign of the times - good times : Wow ! After reading that I think I'll get a bidding war going to up the price on it with the fire starters, Hab fans and me to donate to the Badhab fund relief. P.S. She owns a plane but badhab owns a rink.

Yah, and here it is Jan 29 and the rink isn't hard enough to skate on today, big meltdown the last few days.  Of course we'd have to know where TT stands on the issue, but I think global warming is for real.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A sign of the times - good times : Yah, and here it is Jan 29 and the rink isn't hard enough to skate on today, big meltdown the last few days.  Of course we'd have to know where TT stands on the issue, but I think global warming is for real.

I figured that when I posted. It's colder and snowing the last few days here . It's headed your way. That will keep the plane grounded and freeze the rink. Take that B**ch !

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

I have some stuff from the last Leaf stanley cup winning season.

It's absolutely priceless due to it's antiquity (I believe the last time we won the cup, TV was still black and white).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

If one of those things about your wife is true, you should consider being a historical novelist like NAS.  BTW I have a 8mm copy of the 1971 Stanely Cup Championship.  It is only worth a few bucks.  Opps I promised not to make contributions on here for awhile.  Gone.  Cheers!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

7 visits . 0 bids . 6 1/2 days to go. Even one bid will give BH a few visits to Dunkin Donuts for coffee.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I could have used that polo for an Ugly Christmas Sweater party this year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

OK, for you guys who want to bid on it - and want me to burn it - save your money.

If it does NOT SELL, I will burn it and post the pictures here.

I'll burn it as part of my annual spring brush burning, it will take me a bit to get a burning permit.