A+

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

A+

I don't think there's anything more to say.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: A+

A+++++++

That 3rd period was a clinic on how to shut down the best offensive team this season. A CLINIC.

That was for all the naysayers and the Julien-Haters.  He had the last laugh.
    No kidding Shaughnessy put  out a letter of apology to Julien.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Couldnt agree anymore than that Bs and BB.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Right on!!!

So proud of these boys, the whole roster!  Plus the coaching staff and front office!  Results are what matter, and they all contributed to getting it done!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to Re: A+:
    A+++++++ That 3rd period was a clinic on how to shut down the best offensive team this season. A CLINIC. That was for all the naysayers and the Julien-Haters.  He had the last laugh. No kidding Shaughnessy put  out a letter of apology to Julien.
    Posted by BsLegion

Perfect game played by the Bruins.   Kept the lines rolling and kept the pressure on.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevio19. Show kevio19's posts

Loved the grading scheme all playoffs bookboy, 
     Feels great doesn't it
     Cheers

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

the PowerPlay a C+    LMFAO
    Who cares, The Bruins proved you win by playing hockey the way it's supposed to be.  5 on 5 !

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Timmy was the star but these guys won because they played as a team,  Different guys stepped up at different points during the play-offs and their depth won out over the long haul.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Book, I am on your page... I am out of mind... great time to be a Bs fan.  Finallly!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

BTW you are a stats guy.... so I will say.... screw the stats.... I am at the parade.... I will wear a Bs shirt with Islamorda. Out of my mind....Wilco!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

In Response to A+:
    I don't think there's anything more to say.
    Posted by Bookboy007

CONGRATULATIONS BRUINS !!!

I was watching game #7 from Mitt Romneys sons' basement but I dont really live there !!! But I vote where I like.

GO RED SOX, CELTS and BRUINS.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In Response to Re: A+:
    Timmy was the star but these guys won because they played as a team,  Different guys stepped up at different points during the play-offs and their depth won out over the long haul.
    Posted by huntbri

I know it's cliche but Recchi said it all post game. THE greatest group of guys he has ever played with -- somehow I just have to believe him on this one.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Awesome.  Just couldn't be happier!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

And that grade is for the Bruins setting a record proving how tough they were when their backs are against the walls Three 7 game series wins in the Stanley Cup playoffs believe it cause it happened.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

These are stats for the ages

http://www.nhl.com/ice/statshome.htm#?navid=nav-sts-league

yes fire clod, despite him we got this one done.

Our talent laden team outscored the nuchs 23-8 and 3 shorties to 2 PP goals. stf up media

Bos
    81-53
    244-189
    325goals for 242 goals against

Van
    258-180
    58-69
    316-249 totals

Prey tell me where van is the more talented team, maybe post mortem, the media will give the B's their due!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Not just three game sevens.  Two of four series, the Bruins had to win 4/5 after going down 0-2.  Two game sevens ended in shutouts for TT - and he didn't have to be spectacular in either - total team efforts.

History was made - first team to win three game 7s, most saves by a goaltender in the playoffs, fewest goals against in the finals, most playoff goals by a Bruin rookie (smokin' Joyce 11-8).  I'm sure there are more. 

Fascinating to look at the stat leaders in the end.  Look at Thomas's numbers.  Finishes the playoffs with almost identical numbers to the regular season - only sliiiiightly better: 2.00 GAA, .938 sv% in the regular season, 1.98, .940 in the playoffs.  What can you add to that?

Sections
Shortcuts