Abandon all hope for now and let's start thinking about later

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Abandon all hope for now and let's start thinking about later

Abandon all hope ye that enter here thinking of 2012-13 because it's not going to happen.

2013-14 will be interesting.

Horton will be 100% recovered.

Savard will be 100% unrecoverable.

Tim Thomas.  Awkward...  although his trade value might go up.  has either side said they are certainly going to part ways?

This year zero chance for Subban to be on the team, in 2013-14 there could be a slight chance.

I think Hamilton is more certain to be in the line up than even this year.

Spooner and Knight will be more of known quantities by that time.

The draft looks like it might be #23, and who will be available then?

2013-14 I think will be an interesting year personnel wise.

And by 2013-14 BDC might have a feature or maybe even 2 added.

And null (who is a human piece of shit) told us that NBC and it's billion dollars controlled this game and no way on earth would there be a lockout.

Unfortunately, I don't think that BDC will have the ignore button functional by then.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Abandon all hope for now and let's start thinking about later

You never know Badhab, they could squeeze in a 20 game season, playoffs start in July, TT back in the line up after resurfacing from his bunker in Colorado.Hamilton's junior career over he is in the line up in late june for the playoff push. Subban is the starting goalie as Rasks groin flares up and Khodobin is in the vodka, TT quits in protest over Chick-fil-eh selling "left wing" burgers. AHL call up Maxime Sauve leads the B's in playoff scoring as the Bruins beat the Keslerless Canucks and their starting goalie Dan Cloutier 4 straight. You can only dream , eh ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

TT quits in protest over Chick-fil-eh selling "left wing" burgers.

[/QUOTE]

I think you mean when someone tells him the restaurants in Boston only serve the left chicken wing.

The Thomas thing is genuinely interesting though.  Personnel won't be much different than what we were expecting this year except that I don't think Hamilton has to make the NHL to play pro next year, so he could see AHL time if he doesn't earn top six ice at camp.  I hadn't really made this connection before, but he and players like him who might have been more likely to play in the NHL this year because of the agreement between the NHL and the CHL could be more likely to end up in the minors making $90K instead of the NHL making $900K.

Back to Thomas - assuming that contract years are commuted so that a lost year does not mean a year of contract burned, Thomas will still owe Boston one year at the end of this year.  Before the lockout, the Bruins would have had a choice to enforce a contract year or let him walk, but now I think he's still Boston property unless they buy him out.  I don't see that happening.  So...if he genuinely just wanted a year off to recharge and has nothing against Boston, he might just say "I didn't mean it, I would have played if there had been a season, but because you locked us out, I never got the chance...".  Then he reports and forces the Bruins to deal with him.  If that happens, I think they look at trades.  I can't see them wanting to get rid of him so badly that they just dump him unless he's "lockerroom poison."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Total and utter speculation (OK NAS?)

Given his politics I wouldn't be surprised if his real reason for sitting this year out was because of the CBA.  Politically I think he's put in the owners corner so it might have been awkward for him.  

In any event, I think his trade value is up.  He is old, but there could be another cup in him yet.  

At the end of this he will be as rusty as everyone else, altho with his style (or lack of it) he might have a hard time getting his timing back.

Despite his Vezina trophies I still think it's better to trade him now.

It's not as if he's been a really good goalie his whole career, he was outright horrible his first few seasons.  It wouldn't surprise me if he was horrible again.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

OatesCam posted a lot of info on third year players and the heights they reach.

Third year Seguin is in Switzerland.  That's so gay.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Keenly alive and exuberant please

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

NHL is dead to me.  I won't watch a 40 gm season.  When they agree on a deal this summer I will return next year.  World Juniors. Super Bowl.  Some baseball watching.  Then back to NHL.  I don't even care about negotiations anymore.  I did support the players. Now I don't support either.  Nuts to me both. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

NHL is dead to me.  I won't watch a 40 gm season.  When they agree on a deal this summer I will return next year.  World Juniors. Super Bowl.  Some baseball watching.  Then back to NHL.  I don't even care about negotiations anymore.  I did support the players. Now I don't support either.  Nuts to me both. 

[/QUOTE]

I'm actually thinking the NHL might be better off just shutting it down and trying to sort it out, come back next fall with a 10 yr cba and have a whole season. My days are pretty full and have adapted to no hockey. If it does start up, i will likely watch, but a 40 game season? Its not worthy.