Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

Able to make the Jump?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Able to make the Jump?

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to DaveyN's comment:

No arguments there Dez.  If the kid can keep it clean and learn early on, he could be a real force though.

He crushes people and he's got some scoring touch. That combination of skills will always be in demand. 

Other than the world juniors i haven't seen enough of Camara to know if he has a scoring touch but the physical part was certainly evident. His OHL stats showed he can score when working with a skilled centerman. Does his game have the potential to be like Lucic's or is that too much to expect? 

I personally see him as likely to be more of a Jordan Tootoo type of player. Lucic is just so much bigger and knows how to use it. I'm a fan of Tootoo by the way.

For sure Dez, i can live with a Tootoo comparison, like his style of game, plays with a lot of heart.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Able to make the Jump?

I see less of the junior kids than just about anyone, but it would be my impression that Spooner might be the closest to cracking a lineup spot out of camp.  He was basically a point-per-game player in the AHL last season, which means something to me.  Some guys can't handle the transition to the AHL even if they are great in junior.  I would echo the sentiment that the AHL proven guys (Spooner, Camper, Cunningham) have a leg up on Camara/Koko/Griffith, even if they seem less dynamic at the moment.  Proving you can score in the AHL means a lot more than doing it in junior or college to me.

I'd bet on Spooner, although Cunningham might be a better 3rd/4th line fit.

Sections
Shortcuts