ABOUT TIME THE NHL MOVES TO END ALL BLOWS TO THE HEAD +HEAD-SHOT FIGHTS!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Re: ANOTHER ENFORCER GONE TOO SOON, IS IT TIME TO END ALL BLOWS TO THE HEAD +HEAD-SHOT FIGHTS?

this board gives me post discussion syndrome.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: ANOTHER ENFORCER GONE TOO SOON, IS IT TIME TO END ALL BLOWS TO THE HEAD +HEAD-SHOT FIGHTS?

booguard's family just donated his brain for cte testing today. they too are concerned. he had severe headaches consistent with the concussion symptoms. he hasnt played since december 9th when he suffered one during ANOTHER fight. hin 277 games, he was involved in 70 fights. he and his brother ran a camp in canada featuring hockey fight classes. what sense does it make to try to elimate head injuries elsewhere in the sport but have no beef with these guys clubbering each other in their heads with their fists over and over? seriously what possible logic is that? i have no doubt now he will be just another cte statistic unfortunately. what will you board tough guys have to say when it is scientifically proven that he in fact has CTE?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Did you read the part in the article where it said "there is no known concussion connection to his death"???

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: ANOTHER ENFORCER GONE TOO SOON, IS IT TIME TO END ALL BLOWS TO THE HEAD +HEAD-SHOT FIGHTS?:
    [QUOTE]Did you read the part in the article where it said "there is no known concussion connection to his death"???
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]they dont know. how could they at this time? but i've followed the other tests, this has the same smell. i hope i am wrong, will be the first to acknowledge it... but itdoesnt look good for ur side.. we'll see!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Re: ANOTHER ENFORCER GONE TOO SOON, IS IT TIME TO END ALL BLOWS TO THE HEAD +HEAD-SHOT FIGHTS?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ANOTHER ENFORCER GONE TOO SOON, IS IT TIME TO END ALL BLOWS TO THE HEAD +HEAD-SHOT FIGHTS? : ultimately, hockey is just a pimple on the bigger a-s-s of their lives. 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Interesting take, but I wonder if the majority of enforcers who make their livings in professional (NHL or minor league) hockey by fighting... and not possessing enough other skills to make any league, would feel that working at Wal-Mart is a better option than the "pimple" in their lives?

dave Duerson reportedly suffered from this.  Are you going to outlaw football too?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbag0991222. Show dbag0991222's posts

Are you a girl?  Do you wear a skirt?  I will call you Sally from now on.....go watch field hockey wuss.

In Response to ANOTHER ENFORCER GONE TOO SOON, IS IT TIME TO END ALL BLOWS TO THE HEAD +HEAD-SHOT FIGHTS?:
    [QUOTE]http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/news/story?id=6544238 SORRRY but for those of u who love the tradition of the enforcer smacking around others into the boards and fighting by taking unlimited tough guy blows to the head, this is the usaul ebd result. hockey will have to clean up its game a bit. this guy had a concussion and missed 52 games, tells u it was severe. not willing to believe that was his first brain injury. dont be shocked if it turns out he had a defective brain like the other 2 enforcer types of recent memory who died in similar ways.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ANOTHER ENFORCER GONE TOO SOON, IS IT TIME TO END ALL BLOWS TO THE HEAD +HEAD-SHOT FIGHTS? : Interesting take, but I wonder if the majority of enforcers who make their livings in professional (NHL or minor league) hockey by fighting... and not possessing enough other skills to make any league, would feel that working at Wal-Mart is a better option than the "pimple" in their lives? dave Duerson reportedly suffered from this.  Are you going to outlaw football too?
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]when have i said anything about BANNING hockey/ its a great sport! i love football. i played football in high school and still play recreationally on weekends. again, its a great sport. i see football putting an end to the head shots and prioritizing it. i do not see hockey doing the same!
    if all a guy can do is come in start fights, think about it, y the heck is ANY professional sport encouraging such lunacy? tells you how far down the moron aisle one has gone. y not have a goon squad in basketball or baseball? hey all this guy does is come in and hit the pitcher in the head and starts bench clearing brawls. how would that ever stand? same with the nba. lets have a guy on the bench who just comes in to hit the other guys in the freakin head. look, ultimately its about skill. we shouldnt be losing the sidney crosbys to no-name little-talent goons! called common sense. 

y stop at punches, lets be real men and have them bring knives and perhaps even guns. just shoot or stab the star player of the other team. hey , imagine the entertainment value and bllodlust of having 2 non-talented goons squaring off with knives as the refs just stand around waiting for someone to be stabbed before intervening. hey y not?

if you crave that much violence and ingumanity, go hit your masochistic submissive wife or brother. go watch mma or boxing. enough is enough! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Are you a girl?  Do you wear a skirt?  I will call you Sally from now on.....go watch field hockey wuss. In Response to ANOTHER ENFORCER GONE TOO SOON, IS IT TIME TO END ALL BLOWS TO THE HEAD +HEAD-SHOT FIGHTS? :
    Posted by dbag0991222[/QUOTE]yep i wear a SKIRT and i love field hockey.. you is a real mans typing behind your keyboard and sitting down watching others risk paralysis, deathand vegetativeness for your entertainment. too bad you missed the gladiator era. you would have made a great slave owner!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ANOTHER ENFORCER GONE TOO SOON, IS IT TIME TO END ALL BLOWS TO THE HEAD +HEAD-SHOT FIGHTS? : when have i said anything about BANNING hockey/ its a great sport! i love football. i played football in high school and still play recreationally on weekends. again, its a great sport. i see football putting an end to the head shots and prioritizing it. i do not see hockey doing the same! if all a guy can do is come in start fights, think about it, y the heck is ANY professional sport encouraging such lunacy? tells you how far down the moron aisle one has gone. y not have a goon squad in basketball or baseball? hey all this guy does is come in and hit the pitcher in the head and starts bench clearing brawls. how would that ever stand? same with the nba. lets have a guy on the bench who just comes in to hit the other guys in the freakin head. look, ultimately its about skill. we shouldnt be losing the sidney crosbys to no-name little-talent goons! called common sense.  y stop at punches, lets be real men and have them bring knives and perhaps even guns. just shoot or stab the star player of the other team. hey , imagine the entertainment value and bllodlust of having 2 non-talented goons squaring off with knives as the refs just stand around waiting for someone to be stabbed before intervening. hey y not? if you crave that much violence and ingumanity, go hit your masochistic submissive wife or brother. go watch mma or boxing. enough is enough! 

Perhaps you just know nothing of the history of hockey. I find that these posts not only demean the game, its players, and its history. But I also find them offensive to real fans of the game.

Just because you have a name with "contrarian" in it and type well enough to feign a good arguement does not mean you actually have one.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sclifton-4-freespeech. Show sclifton-4-freespeech's posts

[QUOTE]If the end "head shot fights", what will they do?  Both guys pull up their sleeves and give each other Indian burns until one winces?  They haven't even released the cause of death yet.  And when they do, if it's brain trauma, well, I guess he should have either been a better fighter or chosen a different profession. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

LOL, indian burns to someone i winces! ..OMG you got me rollin! too funny

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ANOTHER ENFORCER GONE TOO SOON, IS IT TIME TO END ALL BLOWS TO THE HEAD +HEAD-SHOT FIGHTS? : Perhaps you just know nothing of the history of hockey. I find that these posts not only demean the game, its players, and its history. But I also find them offensive to real fans of the game. Just because you have a name with "contrarian" in it and type well enough to feign a good arguement does not mean you actually have one.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]i know a lot about the history of hockey and i absolutely love the game. i actually hate that its increasingly a fringe sport when it could be right behind football with a little common sense tweaking. the game is fundamentally perfect in its artistry and skating and hard hits. my aim is not to demean anyone or make it a "girl's game" but just like with the nfl, one can hit hard and still be clean. teo guys can tussle and get in each other's faces without head shots. if your kind cant grasp that then its you sir who demeans the game, its players and its history! 

the head-hunting element has no place in today's society. there should be zero-tolerance. it will not ruin the game for most fans, i would love to watch the bruins with bergeron, i would have loved to see crosby out there for these playoffs, i would have loved to see a boogaard at home with his family or contributing at walmart or as a bouncer somewhere if he could not bring anything else to the ice minus thuggery and goonery. there should be no place of employment in football, hockey, baseball, or basketball for such limited skillsets going forward. the past does not equal the future! 

because something was great in history doesnt mean its great for the present. yeah lets bring back slavery for it demeans the history of the founding fathers to ban it and not celebrate it? come on. lets be logical here based on present reality. all things evolve. should we go back to peach baskets in basketball as well?  hey why wear helmets at all. the game was so much better when guys in hockey and football had no head gear, right? just remember the diehards of yesteryear made exactly the same arguments a lot of you are now making today about simple common sense tweaks and nuances to the game. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: ABOUT TIME THE NHL MOVES TO END ALL BLOWS TO THE HEAD +HEAD-SHOT FIGHTS!

poor horton. another great series ruined by the fans having to gab about all the peripheral nonsense other than the great goals scored and plays actually made on the ice. instead we have to gab about mma on the ice. i bet if bettman had dropped the hammer months ago on the type of hit that took out horton, odds are it doesnt even happen. same with biting. finally they will drop the hammer on finger wagging near others' mouths. shouldnt that be obvious? hope bruins fans will see same things the same way if the shoe is on the other foot or in these cases, if the finger is in the other mouth or the hit is on the other head!

i hate to drop the race-card, but lets face facts, had this been the nba or nfl, espn and sports illustrated and all the sponsors would been going ape-shit over this by now. this is just pure thuggery and ghettoness. should have no place in the professional ranks. clutch guys like horton make the game great to watch, now who knows if he'll ever be the same player if he returns and how one more hit could affect him! there should be ZERO tolerance for this nonsense! 

MIKE MURPHY THE NHL GUY IN CHARGE OF DISCIPLINE has made it clear. he will be dropping the hammer on this with increased minutes and suspensions. no more turning the other cheek and talking about the tradition of the game. horton's future quality of life may have taken a hit that none of us faux gladiators can ever imagine!a concussion=brain bruise. swelling must come down and you become more likely to have repeated episodes which is y guys like cosby dont return so early anymore.

enough is enough!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from HabsNo16. Show HabsNo16's posts

Those Commie red b*stards sure do like to write long winded manifestos. Good going Stalin.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: ABOUT TIME THE NHL MOVES TO END ALL BLOWS TO THE HEAD +HEAD-SHOT FIGHTS!:
    [QUOTE]Those Commie red b*stards sure do like to write long winded manifestos. Good going Stalin.
    Posted by HabsNo16[/QUOTE]http://bostonherald.com/sports/columnists/view.bg?articleid=1343938 is this short enough for ya? the tide is turning. no more blind side hits. protecting fellow players must take precedence. taking shots at defenseless guys is unacceptable. merchand's goal is what we should all be talking about not all the other nonsense. hockey should be more like the nfl! we should be talking about the grace and skill of the game. you lose a stud in horton for an expendable goon, how is that fair? 

i see 2-2, GO BRUINS!