Absurdity 101

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Absurdity 101

The summer heat has really fried some brains here.

Some ridiculous notions I've read:

-Someone wouldn't be surprised if Dubinsky outscores Nash.

Pure insanity.  I can't even describe all of the reasons why because I'll die of old age before I finish typing them.

-The Rangers are now a worse team because they gave up more points per minute in the Nash deal. 

They traded plugs for an All-Star.  That makes them a better team. 

-Someone still hopes Ryan will come to Boston.

Come on.  The roster is set.  Chiarelli said things would be quiet and they are.  He says they'll possibly be looking to make moves during the season.

-Someone thinks Tootoo might get 20 goals this year.

What in the world is going on here? 

-Someone thinks this is a good idea:

Lucic Seguin Peverley
    Marchand Bergeron Horton
    Kelly Krejci Whoever plays their way on the team
    Paille Campbell Thorton

Kelly with Krejci?  Peverley (first line bust time and time again) with Seguin and Lucic? What?

-Someone suggested that teams don't trade with the B's so the B's don't get stronger.

Nash just went to the Rangers.

-The Bruins missed Wideman when he left.

They won the Cup the following year.

-Someone can see Marchand signing a reasonable contract because he likes Boston and his teammates. 

Do you recall how long it took for him to sign his last deal?  Marchand has no reason to accept less money to stay in Boston.

-Many people are going crazy over almost every contract being too much for this or that player, and comparing them to what Bruins players are making.

Every year, it's a different market.  You can't properly compare one to another.  Also, if everyone is overpaid, no one is overpaid.  It's called "market value".

-The Rangers sacrificed depth for first line scoring.

They're $13MM under the cap.  It's July.  There is plenty of time for them to find a guy who can chip in 15 goals.  They traded a guy who had 36 points and one who had 34.   Pouliot had 32 points last season and the B's sent him away for nothing.  How is their depth?  Half as sacrificed?

-Why would the B's offer anything for Bernier when they have Rask, Khudo, Subban, and a few others recently signed?

Because Rask is the only NHL goaltender on that list maybe?

-The Mike Green contract is so bad, it could end up making the Gomez contract look good.

If the Gomez contract married Gisele, it would still be the ugliest contract on the block.

-$1-2MM for Green is reasonable.

In 1984.

-31 points in 81 games over the last two years means he's toast.

Bergeron had 46 points over two injured years.  He must be toast.

-guys like Mike Green don't help teams win titles.

Paul Coffey, Larry Murphy?

---

The stupidity goes on and on and on.  I've avoided this site for the majority of the summer because many minds turn to mush from the heat and the longing for a game to be played. 

If this thread creates a firestorm, I'll stand to face it.  If not, I'll be taking most of the rest of the summer off.  Posts like the ones above make it embarrassing to be part of the community here.

One redeeming thing about the summer:  The return of my buddy Shupe.  Back from climbing Everest.  He can't save the summer from the worst posts ever, but he can add to some enjoyment in between rotten eggs. 

And Lucicfan or BostCup11 or whatever your name is:  Why do you insist on giving Shupe a virtual BJ?  No one cares that you emailed him.  This place was much better when you were gone. 

If you are bent for being listed above:  Think before you post such incredibly dumb stuff.

Happy Summer to everyone!

(except you, and you, and you, and you, and you, and that guy and that guy and him, and him, and you, and those two over there, and the one that just left, and the two that are walking that way...)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Absurdity 101

"I can b___ the best at your social dos, I get high in the evening sniffing pots of glue! Im a b___, Im a b___...Oh the b___ is back!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

But... how do you feel about Chik-Fil-A?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Absurdity 101:
    [QUOTE]The summer heat has really fried some brains here. Some ridiculous notions I've read: -Someone wouldn't be surprised if Dubinsky outscores Nash. Pure insanity.  I can't even describe all of the reasons why because I'll die of old age before I finish typing them. -The Rangers are now a worse team because they gave up more points per minute in the Nash deal.  They traded plugs for an All-Star.  That makes them a better team.  -Someone still hopes Ryan will come to Boston. Come on.  The roster is set.  Chiarelli said things would be quiet and they are.  He says they'll possibly be looking to make moves during the season. -Someone thinks Tootoo might get 20 goals this year. What in the world is going on here?  -Someone thinks this is a good idea: Lucic Seguin Peverley Marchand Bergeron Horton Kelly Krejci Whoever plays their way on the team Paille Campbell Thorton Kelly with Krejci?  Peverley (first line bust time and time again) with Seguin and Lucic? What? -Someone suggested that teams don't trade with the B's so the B's don't get stronger. Nash just went to the Rangers. -The Bruins missed Wideman when he left. They won the Cup the following year. -Someone can see Marchand signing a reasonable contract because he likes Boston and his teammates.  Do you recall how long it took for him to sign his last deal?  Marchand has no reason to accept less money to stay in Boston. -Many people are going crazy over almost every contract being too much for this or that player, and comparing them to what Bruins players are making. Every year, it's a different market.  You can't properly compare one to another.  Also, if everyone is overpaid, no one is overpaid.  It's called "market value". -The Rangers sacrificed depth for first line scoring. They're $13MM under the cap.  It's July.  There is plenty of time for them to find a guy who can chip in 15 goals.  They traded a guy who had 36 points and one who had 34.   Pouliot had 32 points last season and the B's sent him away for nothing.  How is their depth?  Half as sacrificed? -Why would the B's offer anything for Bernier when they have Rask, Khudo, Subban, and a few others recently signed? Because Rask is the only NHL goaltender on that list maybe? -The Mike Green contract is so bad, it could end up making the Gomez contract look good. If the Gomez contract married Gisele, it would still be the ugliest contract on the block. -$1-2MM for Green is reasonable. In 1984. -31 points in 81 games over the last two years means he's toast. Bergeron had 46 points over two injured years.  He must be toast. -guys like Mike Green don't help teams win titles. Paul Coffey, Larry Murphy? --- The stupidity goes on and on and on.  I've avoided this site for the majority of the summer because many minds turn to mush from the heat and the longing for a game to be played.  If this thread creates a firestorm, I'll stand to face it.  If not, I'll be taking most of the rest of the summer off.  Posts like the ones above make it embarrassing to be part of the community here. One redeeming thing about the summer:  The return of my buddy Shupe.  Back from climbing Everest.  He can't save the summer from the worst posts ever, but he can add to some enjoyment in between rotten eggs.  And Lucicfan or BostCup11 or whatever your name is:  Why do you insist on giving Shupe a virtual BJ?  No one cares that you emailed him.  This place was much better when you were gone.  If you are bent for being listed above:  Think before you post such incredibly dumb stuff. Happy Summer to everyone! (except you, and you, and you, and you, and you, and that guy and that guy and him, and him, and you, and those two over there, and the one that just left, and the two that are walking that way...)
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

There are easily enough stupid posts over a month during the regular season to trump all of those.

If you take very careful note there are very few threads going on nowadays.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

[QUOTE]The summer heat has really fried some brains here. Some ridiculous notions I've read: -Someone wouldn't be surprised if Dubinsky outscores Nash. Pure insanity.  I can't even describe all of the reasons why because I'll die of old age before I finish typing them. -The Rangers are now a worse team because they gave up more points per minute in the Nash deal.  They traded plugs for an All-Star.  That makes them a better team.  -Someone still hopes Ryan will come to Boston. Come on.  The roster is set.  Chiarelli said things would be quiet and they are.  He says they'll possibly be looking to make moves during the season. -Someone thinks Tootoo might get 20 goals this year. What in the world is going on here?  -Someone thinks this is a good idea: Lucic Seguin Peverley Marchand Bergeron Horton Kelly Krejci Whoever plays their way on the team Paille Campbell Thorton Kelly with Krejci?  Peverley (first line bust time and time again) with Seguin and Lucic? What? -Someone suggested that teams don't trade with the B's so the B's don't get stronger. Nash just went to the Rangers. -The Bruins missed Wideman when he left. They won the Cup the following year. -Someone can see Marchand signing a reasonable contract because he likes Boston and his teammates.  Do you recall how long it took for him to sign his last deal?  Marchand has no reason to accept less money to stay in Boston. -Many people are going crazy over almost every contract being too much for this or that player, and comparing them to what Bruins players are making. Every year, it's a different market.  You can't properly compare one to another.  Also, if everyone is overpaid, no one is overpaid.  It's called "market value". -The Rangers sacrificed depth for first line scoring. They're $13MM under the cap.  It's July.  There is plenty of time for them to find a guy who can chip in 15 goals.  They traded a guy who had 36 points and one who had 34.   Pouliot had 32 points last season and the B's sent him away for nothing.  How is their depth?  Half as sacrificed? -Why would the B's offer anything for Bernier when they have Rask, Khudo, Subban, and a few others recently signed? Because Rask is the only NHL goaltender on that list maybe? -The Mike Green contract is so bad, it could end up making the Gomez contract look good. If the Gomez contract married Gisele, it would still be the ugliest contract on the block. -$1-2MM for Green is reasonable. In 1984. -31 points in 81 games over the last two years means he's toast. Bergeron had 46 points over two injured years.  He must be toast. -guys like Mike Green don't help teams win titles. Paul Coffey, Larry Murphy? --- The stupidity goes on and on and on.  I've avoided this site for the majority of the summer because many minds turn to mush from the heat and the longing for a game to be played.  If this thread creates a firestorm, I'll stand to face it.  If not, I'll be taking most of the rest of the summer off.  Posts like the ones above make it embarrassing to be part of the community here. One redeeming thing about the summer:  The return of my buddy Shupe.  Back from climbing Everest.  He can't save the summer from the worst posts ever, but he can add to some enjoyment in between rotten eggs.  And Lucicfan  or BostCup11 or whatever your name is:  Why do you insist on giving Shupe a virtual BJ?  No one cares that you emailed him.  This place was much better when you were gone.  If you are bent for being listed above:  Think before you post such incredibly dumb stuff. Happy Summer to everyone! (except you, and you, and you, and you, and you, and that guy and that guy and him, and him, and you, and those two over there, and the one that just left, and the two that are walking that way...)

I have no idea what you are talking about??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Absurdity 101:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Absurdity 101 : I have no idea what you are talking about??
    Posted by lucicfan[/QUOTE]

I apologize to you.  Wrong guy. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

NAS its funny sometimes I don't think you really read posts but get half way through them and then interpret them in your fashion emotionally and then dump on guys who are opening discussions. Some of what you said is absurd and some is conjecture. At the end of the day it is the summer and there is a possible lock out looming. So avoid like you have and let us discuss hockey while you are gone with out the slamming. You and Null can argue on the aside. Have a great summer their chief. Sad I have always enjoyed your posts and been interested in what you have to say. Even when I disagree. Your bed to sleep in not mine.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

NAS you have been reading.  Some of the thread quotes were out of context though.  I plead guilty to the dribbling prose suggesting PC do something with the club this summer.  All that is left to read now is CBA news, and oh yes the Ryan express.  Enjoy your summer, good to see the Mountie back in these spaces.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]The summer heat has really fried some brains here. Some ridiculous notions I've read: -Someone wouldn't be surprised if Dubinsky outscores Nash. Pure insanity.  I can't even describe all of the reasons why because I'll die of old age before I finish typing them. -The Rangers are now a worse team because they gave up more points per minute in the Nash deal.  They traded plugs for an All-Star.  That makes them a better team.  -Someone still hopes Ryan will come to Boston. Come on.  The roster is set.  Chiarelli said things would be quiet and they are.  He says they'll possibly be looking to make moves during the season. -Someone thinks Tootoo might get 20 goals this year. What in the world is going on here?  -Someone thinks this is a good idea: Lucic Seguin Peverley Marchand Bergeron Horton Kelly Krejci Whoever plays their way on the team Paille Campbell Thorton Kelly with Krejci?  Peverley (first line bust time and time again) with Seguin and Lucic? What? -Someone suggested that teams don't trade with the B's so the B's don't get stronger. Nash just went to the Rangers. -The Bruins missed Wideman when he left. They won the Cup the following year. -Someone can see Marchand signing a reasonable contract because he likes Boston and his teammates.  Do you recall how long it took for him to sign his last deal?  Marchand has no reason to accept less money to stay in Boston. -Many people are going crazy over almost every contract being too much for this or that player, and comparing them to what Bruins players are making. Every year, it's a different market.  You can't properly compare one to another.  Also, if everyone is overpaid, no one is overpaid.  It's called "market value". -The Rangers sacrificed depth for first line scoring. They're $13MM under the cap.  It's July.  There is plenty of time for them to find a guy who can chip in 15 goals.  They traded a guy who had 36 points and one who had 34.   Pouliot had 32 points last season and the B's sent him away for nothing.  How is their depth?  Half as sacrificed? -Why would the B's offer anything for Bernier when they have Rask, Khudo, Subban, and a few others recently signed? Because Rask is the only NHL goaltender on that list maybe? -The Mike Green contract is so bad, it could end up making the Gomez contract look good. If the Gomez contract married Gisele, it would still be the ugliest contract on the block. -$1-2MM for Green is reasonable. In 1984. -31 points in 81 games over the last two years means he's toast. Bergeron had 46 points over two injured years.  He must be toast. -guys like Mike Green don't help teams win titles. Paul Coffey, Larry Murphy? --- The stupidity goes on and on and on.  I've avoided this site for the majority of the summer because many minds turn to mush from the heat and the longing for a game to be played.  If this thread creates a firestorm, I'll stand to face it.  If not, I'll be taking most of the rest of the summer off.  Posts like the ones above make it embarrassing to be part of the community here. One redeeming thing about the summer:  The return of my buddy Shupe.  Back from climbing Everest.  He can't save the summer from the worst posts ever, but he can add to some enjoyment in between rotten eggs.  And Lucicfan or BostCup11 or whatever your name is:  Why do you insist on giving Shupe a virtual BJ?  No one cares that you emailed him.  This place was much better when you were gone.  If you are bent for being listed above:  Think before you post such incredibly dumb stuff. Happy Summer to everyone! (except you, and you, and you, and you, and you, and that guy and that guy and him, and him, and you, and those two over there, and the one that just left, and the two that are walking that way...)

You let too many things bother you my friend. Read the good with the bad.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1punchknockout. Show 1punchknockout's posts

Bang on with almost everything said.  But C'mon....7 million for Semin???

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Dumb summer posts...yeah...lots of 'em...yawn...

Make a smart one.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Thank god you don't go on the Red Sox or Patriots forum

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Yeah there have been a few doozeys this summer of which I am partly to blame for some of them.

That said, the whole "Trade for Nash, get it done" or "the B's will steamroll the Caps" seem equally as aggregious in hindsight.Wink

Cheers.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

I agree with NAS that most (not all) of the above posts were absurd.  However, I don't find absurd posts increase in the summer.  There are plenty of them all year round on this board.  You just have to take the good with the bad.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

I don't even know why you guys even give NAS the time of Day. He is the biggest debby downer i have ever seen on forums. At rarity he does have a great post filled with positive and insightful knowledge, but at the cost of another posters exspense. After this post he may be on the ignore list with other negative trolls aka Null and Tuukka fail. NAS policing the Globe forums since 12/30/2009.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

hmmm... it would seem by the responses that if you want to agitate and offend people and draw attention to yourself, you are better off not not bashing the opinions of most of the Bruins fans who post on this board in a troll-like post, but rather you should make statement like "N-a-S stands with Chick-fil-A".

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

News BULLetin:  Wally's costume was stolen but found now.  It makes the stuff on this forum seem innocent.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Absurdity 101 : You let too many things bother you my friend. Read the good with the bad.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

I know, I know.

But Dubinsky outscoring Nash? 

With the knowledge here, it can be like a high level art class, with the best painters offering tips and instruction.  This stuff is written in crayons with teeth marks.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

There is a very thin line between absurdity and genius.  Genius is often labeled at first as absurdity.

Can anyone else see Nas running around in the middle ages telling everyone how the earth is flat and the center of the universe?

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

[QUOTE]Thank god you don't go on the Red Sox or Patriots forum
    Posted by stan17[/QUOTE]

Sox fans seem like the Maple Leaf fans of the MLB, only they have inflated egos because of the two steroid induced titles.

Going on the Sox board is a waste of time and brain cells.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Absurdity 101 : Sox fans seem like the Maple Leaf fans of the MLB, only they have inflated egos because of the two steroid induced titles. Going on the Sox board is a waste of time and brain cells.
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]

The Leafs wish they had a title of any kind.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Absurdity 101 : I know, I know. But Dubinsky outscoring Nash?  With the knowledge here, it can be like a high level art class, with the best painters offering tips and instruction.  This stuff is written in crayons with teeth marks.
    Clearly it's me you're baiting with this one and good for you. Over the past few seasons you and I have been on opposite sides on a number of player projections. Due partly to ego and mostly to being right, I honestly can't remember the last time I gave an opinion on a player projection that you disagreed with and turned out to be right. As I previously mentioned, ego has allowed me to remember multiple other occasions in which you felt I was "stupid" only to proven wrong yourself in the long run. Nash vs. Dubinsky sounds like a clear winner for you this time. I don't look forward to the new year when you get your first chance to really rub it in.  

Sections
Shortcuts