Absurdity 101

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Absurdity 101

In Response to Re: Absurdity 101:
    In Response to Re: Absurdity 101 : Sorry to expose your stupidity on the "stat tool" used by "evaluators" , and since some others on this thread called you out on your moronic statements pertaining to Rick Nash, you have blown an emotional gasket - which means you not only spew random nonsense most of the time, but trying to gain approval of others is really at the core of your comments...I was wrong about you - it's not that you are misguided- your misguided and insecure...my bad
    Posted by JWensink

You know that everyone can see what was written right? The actual comment was that advanced stats are just another tool used by evaluators. You're the only person that seems confused by the concept and I'm not surprised as you're a dimwit. Obviously you've chosen to ignore Jim Benning's job description so let's again highlight what he does......

Jim Benning is in his fifth season with the Bruins and his fourth as the club’s Assistant General Manager, as he was named to that post on July 14, 2007. In that position, he serves as an advisor to General Manager Peter Chiarelli on all matters pertaining to player evaluation, trades and free agent signings, in addition to assisting the General Manager in overseeing all individuals in their specific duties for the Bruins.

So what's your deal? Are you just stubborn or stupid because it's pretty clear what the man does for the organization? Have you got something to add to the debate besides hurt feelings? Don't worry, I can wait while you wipe away your tears. I mean, the last thing I'd want is for you (or any other faceless stranger) to not like me. At least not after I've worked so hard to be friendly.........

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Absurdity 101 : Now Now.  We can only live in the present...we all have our flaws(like being over sensitive and putting words in peoples mouths to strngthen an argument for example)...I believe you NAS and I should form the Wolfpack.  :-)
    Posted by shuperman

Okay I'll forgive you for this. You do have many flaws to consider. 

But Wolfpack ? A bit corny. How about we try to get along and just talk hockey ..........with a jab here or there of course. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Absurdity 101 : Okay I'll forgive you for this. You do have many flaws to consider.  But Wolfpack ? A bit corny. How about we try to get along and just talk hockey ..........with a jab here or there of course. 
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

It was still funny in "The Hangover" though. Chowdah, did you notice everything from yesterday afternoon's thread has vanished? It was like we never disagreed at all.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Back to the thread's main theme.  Last year at this time comparisons were being made with Dubinsky and Marchand. That turned out in favour of the rat mostly because of Dubinsky's sub-par season. One year later after a trade and that crappy season, the Dubinsky comparisons have elevated to Rick Nash. I don't get it.  
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

For some reason, people here have completely devalued Rick Nash.  I can't explain it.  How someone would suggest that trading plugs for an all-star could make a team worse is just beyond any level of comprehension.

It's as if they're so jealous that Nash isn't a Bruin that they've forgotten why they wanted him to begin with.

Maybe it's the kid in school who gets turned down by the cheerleader, but that's fine because she's not really that pretty anyway.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Now back to being off topic again. Hey Nas, how about setting up that weekend in Quebec with shupe and dez to watch the "little kids" play ? Dez, you might want to take a bed for yourself. Now that shupe's back........ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2pu0m9iTo4
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

I wish we could have pulled that off.  Dez had something at work, and Shupe ended up going to the Mojave for five months.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Absurdity 101 : For some reason, people here have completely devalued Rick Nash.  I can't explain it.  How someone would suggest that trading plugs for an all-star could make a team worse is just beyond any level of comprehension. It's as if they're so jealous that Nash isn't a Bruin that they've forgotten why they wanted him to begin with. Maybe it's the kid in school who gets turned down by the cheerleader, but that's fine because she's not really that pretty anyway.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Nas, to be clear, I never wanted Nash and his contract.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Absurdity 101 : Nas, to be clear, I never wanted Nash and his contract.
    Posted by dezaruchi

AKA  The cheerleader has the herp?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In Response to Re: Absurdity 101 : AKA  The cheerleader has the herp?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I'd say crabs, because that contract will eventually go away.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

added to the absurd list.

Ryan for Simmonds/Vorcek/Laughton/1st rounder

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Time to bump up.  What happened to that absurd Rask thread ?
    I thought we would be having fun, that's why it was created  no ?
    I live in the north of the northern hemisphere and the summer is too short.
    Being offended on a hocky forum just does not make sense ......

http://drlaura.com/b/You-Hurt-My-Feelings/1795.html

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Time to bump up.  What happened to that absurd Rask thread ? I thought we would be having fun, that's why it was created  no ? I live in the north of the northern hemisphere and the summer is too short. Being offended on a hocky forum just does not make sense ...... http://drlaura.com/b/You-Hurt-My-Feelings/1795.html
    Posted by BsLegion

I guess you can't suggest that the B's starting goaltender looks like your butch lesbian aunt.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MilanLucic. Show MilanLucic's posts

In response to "Absurdity 101":
    The summer heat has really fried some brains here. Some ridiculous notions I've read: -Someone wouldn't be surprised if Dubinsky outscores Nash. Pure insanity.  I can't even describe all of the reasons why because I'll die of old age before I finish typing them. -The Rangers are now a worse team because they gave up more points per minute in the Nash deal.  They traded plugs for an All-Star.  That makes them a better team.  -Someone still hopes Ryan will come to Boston. Come on.  The roster is set.  Chiarelli said things would be quiet and they are.  He says they'll possibly be looking to make moves during the season. -Someone thinks Tootoo might get 20 goals this year. What in the world is going on here?  -Someone thinks this is a good idea: Lucic Seguin Peverley Marchand Bergeron Horton Kelly Krejci Whoever plays their way on the team Paille Campbell Thorton Kelly with Krejci?  Peverley (first line bust time and time again) with Seguin and Lucic? What? -Someone suggested that teams don't trade with the B's so the B's don't get stronger. Nash just went to the Rangers. -The Bruins missed Wideman when he left. They won the Cup the following year. -Someone can see Marchand signing a reasonable contract because he likes Boston and his teammates.  Do you recall how long it took for him to sign his last deal?  Marchand has no reason to accept less money to stay in Boston. -Many people are going crazy over almost every contract being too much for this or that player, and comparing them to what Bruins players are making. Every year, it's a different market.  You can't properly compare one to another.  Also, if everyone is overpaid, no one is overpaid.  It's called "market value". -The Rangers sacrificed depth for first line scoring. They're $13MM under the cap.  It's July.  There is plenty of time for them to find a guy who can chip in 15 goals.  They traded a guy who had 36 points and one who had 34.   Pouliot had 32 points last season and the B's sent him away for nothing.  How is their depth?  Half as sacrificed? -Why would the B's offer anything for Bernier when they have Rask, Khudo, Subban, and a few others recently signed? Because Rask is the only NHL goaltender on that list maybe? -The Mike Green contract is so bad, it could end up making the Gomez contract look good. If the Gomez contract married Gisele, it would still be the ugliest contract on the block. -$1-2MM for Green is reasonable. In 1984. -31 points in 81 games over the last two years means he's toast. Bergeron had 46 points over two injured years.  He must be toast. -guys like Mike Green don't help teams win titles. Paul Coffey, Larry Murphy? --- The stupidity goes on and on and on.  I've avoided this site for the majority of the summer because many minds turn to mush from the heat and the longing for a game to be played.  If this thread creates a firestorm, I'll stand to face it.  If not, I'll be taking most of the rest of the summer off.  Posts like the ones above make it embarrassing to be part of the community here. One redeeming thing about the summer:  The return of my buddy Shupe.  Back from climbing Everest.  He can't save the summer from the worst posts ever, but he can add to some enjoyment in between rotten eggs.  And Lucicfan or BostCup11 or whatever your name is:  Why do you insist on giving Shupe a virtual BJ?  No one cares that you emailed him.  This place was much better when you were gone.  If you are bent for being listed above:  Think before you post such incredibly dumb stuff. Happy Summer to everyone! (except you, and you, and you, and you, and you, and that guy and that guy and him, and him, and you, and those two over there, and the one that just left, and the two that are walking that way...) Posted by Not-A-Shot
    And u forgot my predictions...Khudo will outplay Rask and become our #1 goalie in January, Pouliot will score 20 goals and Seguin will get 90 points Stanley Cup to the BRUINS IN 2011 & 2013 (with khudo in the net)

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to "Absurdity 101": And u forgot my predictions...Khudo will outplay Rask and become our #1 goalie in January, Pouliot will score 20 goals and Seguin will get 90 points Stanley Cup to the BRUINS IN 2011 & 2013 (with khudo in the net)
    Posted by MilanLucic

Stanley, you logged into the wrong account. And how many do you have ?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Absurdity 101 : Stanley, you logged into the wrong account. And how many do you have ?
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Chowda, every account Stanley has is the wrong account.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Absurdity 101 : Stanley, you logged into the wrong account. And how many do you have ?
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

lol

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Absurdity 101 : Okay I'll forgive you for this. You do have many flaws to consider.  But Wolfpack ? A bit corny. How about we try to get along and just talk hockey ..........with a jab here or there of course. 
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Pointing out that someone has flaws based on not agreeing with someones opinion is BS.  I do have flaws...most people do...if I wrote complete bunk all the time and never had an ounce of credibility I would say fire away.  I am assuming you think all your posts are 100% accurate 100% of the time.  Or am I putting words in your mouth?  :-)  I value your opinions...you constantly carve and try to devalue mine...or you say you just skim past mine and then attack the ones that are off base. 

Agreed...lets chat hockey...it is the summer though and the topics have been off the chart...lets just hope there is some hockey to be played.  I'm willing to start fresh with Chowda and most on here.  And just for the record...if you name is attached to a thread I normally read it.  You are one of the best posters on here... 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Absurdity 101 : For some reason, people here have completely devalued Rick Nash.  I can't explain it.  How someone would suggest that trading plugs for an all-star could make a team worse is just beyond any level of comprehension. It's as if they're so jealous that Nash isn't a Bruin that they've forgotten why they wanted him to begin with. Maybe it's the kid in school who gets turned down by the cheerleader, but that's fine because she's not really that pretty anyway.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Since I havent had my say I would take Nash in a NY Minute.  His contract is high but I don't care.  Rangers made out very well.  They traded spare parts and got a stud.  I believe this is something that will be revisted numerous times...I say Nash will crack 30 with ease.  He has Richards feeding him and Torts is known to play his top 6 a lot.  Plus he finally has a fan base that will push him to be better...no off nights in NY.  If the Bruins could have made a similar trade I would have hoped they would have have the brains to do it.  Nash is one of the true power fwds that can beat you one on one.  Not many in the league have that skill.  He doesnt need a player to make him better...he can flat out dominate...put him with better talent and a back end that knows how to move the puck and he should be a 40 goal guy. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Absurdity 101 : Since I havent had my say I would take Nash in a NY Minute.  His contract is high but I don't care.  Rangers made out very well.  They traded spare parts and got a stud.  I believe this is something that will be revisted numerous times...I say Nash will crack 30 with ease.  He has Richards feeding him and Torts is known to play his top 6 a lot.  Plus he finally has a fan base that will push him to be better...no off nights in NY.  If the Bruins could have made a similar trade I would have hoped they would have have the brains to do it.  Nash is one of the true power fwds that can beat you one on one.  Not many in the league have that skill.  He doesnt need a player to make him better...he can flat out dominate...put him with better talent and a back end that knows how to move the puck and he should be a 40 goal guy. 
    Posted by shuperman

I agree Shupe, and while I think Dubinsky is too good of a player to be refered to as a spare part or a plug in, if he is the best player going the other way, then the Rangers win the deal, hands down. I don't know why Nash does not get respect on this board. For some reason if your a pure goal scorer people on this board don't think thats enough. He will add to their 5 on 5, he will add to their power play, he is terrific in the shootout, and he has killed penalties in Columbus with a career high of 5 SHG's a few years ago. Not sure if he'll kill penalties in New York, but he has before. While he is not the typical power forward i think he is more physical than people give him credit for. Very hard to move when he is in front of the net.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Absurdity 101 : Pointing out that someone has flaws based on not agreeing with someones opinion is BS.  I do have flaws...most people do...if I wrote complete bunk all the time and never had an ounce of credibility I would say fire away.  I am assuming you think all your posts are 100% accurate 100% of the time.  Or am I putting words in your mouth?  :-)  I value your opinions...you constantly carve and try to devalue mine...or you say you just skim past mine and then attack the ones that are off base.  Agreed...lets chat hockey...it is the summer though and the topics have been off the chart...lets just hope there is some hockey to be played.  I'm willing to start fresh with Chowda and most on here.  And just for the record...if you name is attached to a thread I normally read it.  You are one of the best posters on here... 
    Posted by shuperman

After reading that ? Really ?

I think I just got crapped on first and buttered up second. 

Same old , same old.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Absurdity 101 : After reading that ? Really ? I think I just got crapped on first and buttered up second.  Same old , same old.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Not at all.  I admitted I had faults after you obviously pointed out that i have many...I indicated that I enjoy your posts and our debates.  I ended it with a compliment that you are one of the best on here. 
    It really is same old same old. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Absurdity 101 : I agree Shupe, and while I think Dubinsky is too good of a player to be refered to as a spare part or a plug in, if he is the best player going the other way, then the Rangers win the deal, hands down. I don't know why Nash does not get respect on this board. For some reason if your a pure goal scorer people on this board don't think thats enough. He will add to their 5 on 5, he will add to their power play, he is terrific in the shootout, and he has killed penalties in Columbus with a career high of 5 SHG's a few years ago. Not sure if he'll kill penalties in New York, but he has before. While he is not the typical power forward i think he is more physical than people give him credit for. Very hard to move when he is in front of the net.
    Posted by kelvana33

I concur.  I think people base his contract and what have you done for me lately as a sign of what type of player he is.  On the world stage he was one of Canada's best.  On a AHL talent team he still shines.  Put him in a situation where he is gonna have talent, skill, coaching and a hockey atmosphere and I think he will be a major force.  Dubi is oft injured.  He is a gritty team guy and I like him.  But he isnt in the same sentence, paragraph as Nash.  I will concede his contract is through the roof.  But the Rangers dont care.  He isnt mid 30's. 
    Nash is an all world talent in my eyes.  I think he will get all the ice he can handle and then some.  I think playing with a creative guy like Richards makes them a very difficult team to stop.  Size, speed, hands and goes to the dirty areas.  He will help that team big time. 

Sections
Shortcuts