Absurdity 101

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Absurdity 101

In Response to Re: Absurdity 101:
    [QUOTE]The variables cannot be quatified because the players are not robots.  Even after answering all of those questions above, there is the mistake factor, the feeling factor, the fatigue factor, the situation factor and everything else. Everyone who played with Mike Modano a few years ago when he was in the tank because of an off ice financial issue would have had lower stats across the board.  Is there a way to figure that into anything? A few teams, mostly terrible ones, are using made up stats to help with evaluating players. And soon, I predict that they won't be because you cannot use stats like these to judge a player's ability better than you can by watching him play.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

and that is why I love watching games live . So many times I stop following the play to see what a particular player , puckless  , does to get himself in position in the offensive zone and defensive zone.
    Many times it's this positioning that defends a goal and/or causes a scoring chance.
    No stat for that.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

• 51-51,
    • 5th AL East

Wild Card:

Oakland Athletics 55 46 -- 61
     Los Angeles Angels 55 47 -- 60
     Detroit Tigers 54 48 1.0 60
     Baltimore Orioles 53 49 2.0 60
     Tampa Bay Rays 53 49 2.0 60
     Toronto Blue Jays 51 50 3.5 61
     Boston Red Sox 51 51 4.0 60

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Bizzaro Land.

Are Newman(NAS) and Jerry(Chowda) getting along.  Feldman

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

The summer of 2010, those two were twin bedmates of disaster on these boards.  Now they have found peace. Insanity unlimited!  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]51-51, 5th AL East Wild Card:   Oakland Athletics 55 46 -- 61   Los Angeles Angels 55 47 -- 60   Detroit Tigers 54 48 1.0 60   Baltimore Orioles 53 49 2.0 60   Tampa Bay Rays 53 49 2.0 60   Toronto Blue Jays 51 50 3.5 61   Boston Red Sox 51 51 4.0 60

Your sig.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

2012 team payroll

Boston Red Sox          $173 million
    Oakland A's                $ 55 million

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Bizzaro Land. Are Newman(NAS) and Jerry(Chowda) getting along.  Feldman
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Remember Jerry is a Libra and everything balances out. THAT IS till you came back.  Now the balance of the forum will change again , Chowdah will scold you soon and Shot will scold Chowdah.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]2012 team payroll Boston Red Sox          $173 million Oakland A's                $ 55 million
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

I saw the movie , soon you'll be talking Sabermetrics.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Absurdity 101 :   Remember Jerry is a Libra and everything balances out. THAT IS till you came back.  Now the balance of the forum will change again , Chowdah will scold you soon and Shot will scold Chowdah.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

And the forum will be a happy and wonderful place.  Chowda and I had many debates...he's still one of my favorites...at least I didnt call Chowda "Newman"...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Absurdity 101 :   Remember Jerry is a Libra and everything balances out. THAT IS till you came back.  Now the balance of the forum will change again , Chowdah will scold you soon and Shot will scold Chowdah.

Worlds Colliding!!!!!!!!!!Shupe is killing independent NAS. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Absurdity 101 : And the forum will be a happy and wonderful place.  Chowda and I had many debates...he's still one of my favorites...at least I didnt call Chowda "Newman"...

LOL
    Yes yes you were missed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Absurdity 101 : Your sig.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

I'm agreeing with you more and more. Glad I noticed your sucking up....  guess what I'm finding myself doing the same.  I have to apologize. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]2012 team payroll Boston Red Sox          $173 million Oakland A's                $ 55 million
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]
    Hey lady, what's your deal? Yesterday you were full of tips as to what kind of lingo real hockey people used but today, nothing. Sorry I used such a big word like "evaluate". No wonder you were confused. Oh well, your still funny whether you realize you're a joke or not.

From Bruins.com
    Jim Benning is in his fifth season with the Bruins and his fourth as the club’s Assistant General Manager, as he was named to that post on July 14, 2007. In that position, he serves as an advisor to General Manager Peter Chiarelli on all matters pertaining to player evaluation, trades and free agent signings, in addition to assisting the General Manager in overseeing all individuals in their specific duties for the Bruins.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Bizzaro Land. Are Newman(NAS) and Jerry(Chowda) getting along.  Feldman

Thanks.

That's great.

Couldn't go equal with Oscar and Felix.  I'm the lazy, drunk, fat mailman.

Go climb Everest again!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Yes I will and here it comes.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Absurdity 101 : And the forum will be a happy and wonderful place.  Chowda and I had many debates...he's still one of my favorites...at least I didnt call Chowda "Newman"...

The debates went sour after " putting words in your mouth " became your favourite line.

I grew tired of it....... It was shown to be false.

I've had my say. Now it's time for the big fat mailman to come to your rescue and scold me.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Back to the thread's main theme. 

Last year at this time comparisons were being made with Dubinsky and Marchand. That turned out in favour of the rat mostly because of Dubinsky's sub-par season.

One year later after a trade and that crappy season, the Dubinsky comparisons have elevated to Rick Nash.

I don't get it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Now back to being off topic again.

Hey Nas, how about setting up that weekend in Quebec with shupe and dez to watch the "little kids" play ?

Dez, you might want to take a bed for yourself.

Now that shupe's back........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2pu0m9iTo4

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Absurdity 101 : Hey lady, what's your deal? Yesterday you were full of tips as to what kind of lingo real hockey people used but today, nothing. Sorry I used such a big word like "evaluate". No wonder you were confused. Oh well, your still funny whether you realize you're a joke or not. From Bruins.com Jim Benning is in his fifth season with the Bruins and his fourth as the club’s Assistant General Manager, as he was named to that post on July 14, 2007. In that position, he serves as an advisor to General Manager Peter Chiarelli on all matters pertaining to player evaluation , trades and free agent signings, in addition to assisting the General Manager in overseeing all individuals in their specific duties for the Bruins.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Sorry to expose your stupidity on the "stat tool" used by "evaluators" , and since some others on this thread called you out on your moronic statements pertaining to Rick Nash, you have blown an emotional gasket - which means you not only spew random nonsense most of the time, but trying to gain approval of others is really at the core of your comments...I was wrong about you - it's not that you are misguided- your misguided and insecure...my bad

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

Stats never tell the whole story for any sports, they can be indicators and sometimes useful but the true tale is told when watching a player perform. You must watch them perform in every situation, as well as watch them read situations as well as react - that's really the tale to be told. However, that being said stats can still be useful in certain aspects - you just have to take them for face value and not dig too deep, use them as a support rather than a foundation and keep in mind all the variables they entail.

Just my two cents.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Absurdity 101 : The debates went sour after " putting words in your mouth " became your favourite line. I grew tired of it....... It was shown to be false. I've had my say. Now it's time for the big fat mailman to come to your rescue and scold me.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Now Now.  We can only live in the present...we all have our flaws(like being over sensitive and putting words in peoples mouths to strngthen an argument for example)...I believe you NAS and I should form the Wolfpack.  :-)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Absurdity 101 : Thanks. That's great. Couldn't go equal with Oscar and Felix.  I'm the lazy, drunk, fat mailman. Go climb Everest again!

Newman isn't a drunk unless that's your own quality trait...and a mailman is far from lazy...haha...I didn't call you Norm off cheers

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]
    Posted by bellhorn_[/QUOTE]

Wouldnt this stuff be the very definition of "troll?"

Coming into the hockey forum to do nothing but annoy hockey fans with zero contribution otherwise?

This guy could be more troll than null.

PS, a picture of the B's OT from a guy supporting the train wreck at the bottom of the AL. East?  Wow.

Sections
Shortcuts